SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-15, 05:47 PM   #1
km7276
Swabbie

Downloads: 196
Uploads: 0
Default Fall of the Rising Sun Hanging on Load

Greetings all,

I have tried to install this FORS mod with many issues.... I have patched the SH4 to v1.4 and put in the bug fix that was issued however the game will not load past the initial loading screen where it hangs and will go no further. What have I missed or how do I fix this issue?

My system is running 8 Gig of memory with a 3.2G possessor so a bit confused on what is going on!!

Please help!! would love to give this mod a go!!
km7276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-15, 05:59 PM   #2
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by km7276 View Post
Greetings all,

I have tried to install this FORS mod with many issues.... I have patched the SH4 to v1.4 and put in the bug fix that was issued however the game will not load past the initial loading screen where it hangs and will go no further. What have I missed or how do I fix this issue?

My system is running 8 Gig of memory with a 3.2G possessor so a bit confused on what is going on!!

Please help!! would love to give this mod a go!!
If you are trying to run the latest version of FOTRS (v1.3), you will find that the reason it will not work is because it is only compatible with v1.5 of SH4. FOTRS will not work with v1.4 of SH4.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-15, 06:23 PM   #3
km7276
Swabbie

Well that's an issue.... when I try to install that update it claims that in version of SH4.exe is an unknown version....

So I assume this is a file away and forget mod?

Or how does one fix this new issue?
Old 02-17-15, 06:57 PM   #4
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Well that's an issue.... when I try to install that update it claims that in version of SH4.exe is an unknown version....

So I assume this is a file away and forget mod?

Or how does one fix this new issue?
The only way to fix the problem is to get v1.5 of the SH4. It's called the U-Boat Missions of UBM for short.

If you go to the Subsim Store and scroll down the page until you see the Silent Hunter 4: Gold Edition. That will be v1.5 of SH4.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-15, 07:20 PM   #5
km7276
Swabbie

Well I was hoping for a free version to fix this issue due to being on a fixed income...

I do appreciate the help with this issue but I see it will have to be filed away under a well intentioned add-on but shelved to the unusable section of the drive.

Thanks again for the help, too bad there wasn't a different way to resolve this issue

Cheers!!!
Old 02-18-15, 02:06 PM   #6
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Well I was hoping for a free version to fix this issue due to being on a fixed income...

I do appreciate the help with this issue but I see it will have to be filed away under a well intentioned add-on but shelved to the unusable section of the drive.

Thanks again for the help, too bad there wasn't a different way to resolve this issue

Cheers!!!
well you really don't have much options for mods with this game unless you spend the $10 to get the v1.5 update, it really is worth it but we all feel as you do that it sucks they make us pay for it.

there are probably 9 or 10 mods that works for v1.4 but there are around 200 that work only with the latest version 1.5 so its kinda not optional, you need v1.5

I was just noticing someone said this just the other day:
Quote:
If you look at Amazon.com closely, you can find Silent Hunter 4, Gold Edition for as little as $3.99 US.

Cost more for shipping than the game
sh4 gold edition includes the v1.5 update

Last edited by Webster; 02-18-15 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-18-15, 05:56 PM   #7
valerius
Nub

Downloads: 0
Hi! I'm new here and just got a bit confused. I also installed the FOTRS mod, but version 2.0 released on Dec. 17th 2013 for SH 4 1.4.

I would assume that the one I installed is newer despite it is for SH 4 1.4 instead of 1.5.

Can somebody enlighten me, please?
valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-15, 07:46 PM   #8
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerius View Post
Hi! I'm new here and just got a bit confused. I also installed the FOTRS mod, but version 2.0 released on Dec. 17th 2013 for SH 4 1.4.

I would assume that the one I installed is newer despite it is for SH 4 1.4 instead of 1.5.

Can somebody enlighten me, please?
it says it is for v1.4 and it wont work on v1.5 game so you have the wrong mod, you need to find the one that says it is for v1.5 game

it is found here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/14694...the_Rising_Sun
Old 02-19-15, 02:02 AM   #9
valerius
Nub

Webster, thanks for your your reply, but I don't agree with your definition of "wrong" .

I have got v1.4 as well as v1.5 of SH 4 and FOTRS 2.0 works smoothly with my SH 4 v1.4.

My question was which mod version newer and/or better is - FOTRS 1.2 or 2.0.

I perfectly understand the release article which I linked . Here the text part regarding the version and my translation:

"FOTRS V2.0 ist für SH4 V1.4 gemacht worden, also für die SH4-Version ohne die deutsche Kampagne. Diese Version von SH4 ist die eindeutig stabilere und Bugfreiere Version und deshalb wurde FOTRS dafür entwickelt."

FOTRS V2.0 has been made for SH4 V1.4 which means for the SH4-Version without the German campaign. This version of SH4 is definitely more stable and contains lesser bugs and therefore FOTRS was has been developed for it.
Old 02-19-15, 03:33 AM   #10
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

valerius! & km7276!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 02:11 PM   #11
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

all im saying is if your game version is v1.4 then use the FOTRS for v1.4 and if your game version is v1.5 then use the FOTRS for v1.5.

there are HUGE differences in the files of v1.4 and v1.5 games so if you are using a mod from the wrong version game it can and will cause CTD errors and many other side effects many of which are not that noticed but they are there.

if you use certain v1.4 game files with the v1.5 game then you will have CTD at some point, I haven't checked the reverse to see if it also happens when you use v1.5 game files with v1.4 so maybe it does work going backwards, I just cant say for sure since I never tried it.

if you can find a way to communicate with any of the AOTD group then please ask them to stop in and fix their mod link and ask them what is going on with their website or if they no longer have it?
Old 02-19-15, 02:26 PM   #12
valerius
Nub

I just had a short look into the AOTD site structure and found this:
FalloftherisingSun_V1.3_SH4V1.5_EN.rar

Have also a look into the release directory .
Old 02-19-15, 07:33 PM   #13
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Webster do you know what the latest update version is for FOTRS??

I know madmax made a few updates for the ships and what not but I do not know what is the latest version.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 08:12 PM   #14
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Webster do you know what the latest update version is for FOTRS??

I know madmax made a few updates for the ships and what not but I do not know what is the latest version.
I really cant say.

I think the mod was good but it never really seamed to get much wide spread discussion here.

I think it was because it came to be quite a while after RFB and TMO were out and had already gone through a few refinements and revisions so I think most people by that time were using one of those other mods and didn't see a need to try something else.

so FOTRS was not as much talked about and overlooked by most. I never even tried the mod myself mainly because you couldn't use other mods with it so that turned me off. the same with RFB as many mods cause issues with it so you have to be very careful what mods you use with RFB so I tried TMO or played stock with my GFO mod and I was happy with that.

so all that long story was just to explain why most people don't know a lot about FOTRS except you are not supposed to use any other mods with it.

maybe someone else knows about what is the last version released
Old 02-19-15, 10:54 PM   #15
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

From what madmax said you did not want to muddle it to much because the mod took so much from TMO and other mods that it didn't need much. It was a conglomeration of several different mods that were all made compatible with each other and then put all into one mod so you didn't have to run so many together but a single mod to rule them all ... so to speak.

The original thread had over 52 pages of discussions :

FALL OF THE RISING SUN

(EDIT)Going back and reading it seems the latest version of FALL OF THE RISING SUN incorporated the updates.

I know there were at least two updates both done by EXE files so you didn't even have to add a mod you simply patched the original. There was a lot of work put into making the ships look more like what they were in real life as well and performance issues.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote