SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-15-16, 08:04 PM   #721
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Uploading Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate v.1 Beta EN now. Note that the name has not changed, so be sure you delete what you have before downloading this one. Hope everything is fine this time. I'm done for the night.

This cauldron stuff is hot and muggy. The witches get to me after awhile with their cackling too.....
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-16, 12:23 AM   #722
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

After I got home from work tonight I decided to take some time to patrol with Beta v.01 installed and ran across these two beauties. Have not seen either one of these ships before.

Blockadebreacher

I'm assuming that this baby is a German raider, so it was only fair that I welcomed them to the Pacific Theater of Operations, right.

I've not seen the Naca3 before either.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-16, 01:01 AM   #723
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Oooh, that's pretty cdsubron7...

I can't sleep tonight (something I ate??), so I put my time to "good" use... I did a tour through the museum and looked at the capital ships for the US & Japan. One thing about that CapnScurvy (hope your trip is going well), is that both sides have these quiet, polite cruiser lines. All of them. The BBs sound fine. The Destroyers and Carriers seem fine. The FFTacoma & Flower-Corvette are definitely too quiet, while the Old Corvette sounds like it's got a gm big block 454 in there, headers and straight pipes... and something's about to cut loose... Both sides again have issues with Big PassengerShip (no space in there), Medium Passenger Ship, Big Troop Transport, Small Troop Transport, etc. Entirely too quiet. 'Course, they may have been "built" for luxury...

I spent a good while in the Museum, came out and took FotRSU for a quick drive around the block. Now, mind you, I used an old Single Mission from before, so I want to go back and re-do the mission with the new stuff, since some of the issues I encountered are most likely attributable to that. Anyway, I've gotten used to this particular mission, so I head due West, planning on going for roughly 4.5 nautical miles, then I'll submerge, go below the thermal layer, and prepare my attack for the "enemy", who I know will be coming right by where I'll be parked. It's a beautiful, clear, sunshiny day... and the "Ship spotted" dialog box comes up just after having set my course, "What thuh?" thinks I. With that, I hear incoming shells - and BIG ones too! So I click on "Continue with orders" etc., look in the scope, and these dudes are like 11500 yards out and straddling me... "Crash Dive! Crash Dive! Aye aye, sir!". They apparently have hired the services of Clark Kent in this TF I'm about to engage...

So I've picked the targets I'm going after first, and it's the carriers (naturally), and these two pesky destroyers. So I drive into their midst at about 260 foot, just below the layer, setting up my torps, figuring "about now" to call "all Stop" and "periscope depth". Get above 100, open the tubes. btw, CapnScurvy's interior decorating is to *die* for... literally... :wink: Anyway, as I've said, I've played this SM probably 2 dozen times doing this, so it's very predictable - sort-of. The AI of these dudes has been bumped up ~just-a-pinch~... there's them two destroyers, one on either side of me, going in opposite directions... what the blanket-blank-blank!... Watch yer sixes there fellers.

I use the external camera to watch my torp tracks and see the explosions, see what the water looks like, try to roughly time sinkings etc. - if I'm not trying to evade deep-water sinking by DC... Anyway, after cutting loose with some torps and heading deep again (dad-blame pesky destroyers), I'm flying around, admiring AOTD_MadMax's handiwork, along with everyone else's, when while I'm watching one of the carriers go down, my world all of a sudden starts to spin clockwise, almost like I've been shot down by them destroyers... I go into the "water" spinning. Can't control a thing. Keyboard is for the most part, dead. The mouse works though, so when I click, I can get it to finally quit spinning. But none of the regular keys on the keyboard works. No Function keys, no Q, W, E, D, P, etc. But the arrow keys work, and a few others. But no number keypad either. My first thought is that my keyboard came unplugged, but those arrow keys work. and the periscope keys work... hmmm. I wants to sink me a few more ships before I leave... what to do, what to do...

So I remember during my "tour" of CapnScurvy's interior, that I saw the Torpedo control panel, so I go to the radar room, and there it is, over the left shoulder on the opposite wall. I wonder if it works with a mouse? So as I hover the mouse over the buttons, sure enough, I can open the doors from here. Can't see anything, but I can open the doors. I'm set. Open my doors (you just have to guess which is which, but they're numbered right to left. Tube 8 is behind a "frame border", but it works clicking right where it should be. So I go back to the attack. When I come back up, I've got me a Takao Cruiser just to my left, and one of my little DD buddies just to my right. Cut loose two for each and go back down. As soon as I hit the Takao, everything locked-up. No CTD, just went into an endless loop. Had to do the Task Manager to get out of it.

Again, I think it was the SM file, or maybe my going through the Museum for such a long time (for me). Don't know for certain, but I'm out of time for tonight, and I most likely won't have much time tomorrow, though I'll try and reproduce, but I'll use a new SM file. Other than that, it is looking great, other than the Auxilary Cruiser in the Ship ID book "For authorized personnel only" looks like a ghost ship - white outlined. Oh, and the stop watch came back when I lost the keyboard. As soon as I shot a torpedo, there's the stop watch tracking the run time for me. But it wasn't there before... and I didn't encounter "The Sound". But the ping from the DDs is deafening... later.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-16, 05:26 AM   #724
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 0

All right !!

Got the Beta, 2.8GB uncompressed beauty!

Thanks RR !!

Billy.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-16, 06:00 AM   #725
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
All right !!

Got the Beta, 2.8GB uncompressed beauty!

Thanks RR !!

Billy.
Don't forget Razzle Dazzle - it's in the WIP section
15 ships done so far

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-16, 06:20 AM   #726
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
15 ships done so far
I made sure that I remembered to install it, max.

Old 07-16-16, 06:27 AM   #727
XTBilly
Officer

Downloads: 157

Quote:
15 ships done so far
I've downloaded Razzle Dazzle when you posted it. I was waiting for the Beta to activate it.

Thanks mate!

Billy.
XTBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-16, 08:07 AM   #728
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Uploading Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate v.1 Beta EN now
Downloaded and will be checking it out this weekend

Thanks RR

Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 07-16-16, 11:32 AM   #729
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Is anyone else getting weird sensor behaviour?

More specifically - I am picking up hydrophone contacts WAY WAY BEFORE I get a radar contact. Like about 10 to 12 miles.
And it goes on for a while.

Makes plotting a targets course and speed very difficult, as the game wants to default to the hydrophone line on the map rather than show the radar 'dot'

I am sure this is different from what I saw in the last Alpha Build?

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 07-16-16, 11:45 AM   #730
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
More specifically - I am picking up hydrophone contacts WAY WAY BEFORE I get a radar contact. Like about 10 to 12 miles.
And it goes on for a while.
Roger that. Don't remember this in any of the Alpha series either.

Old 07-16-16, 01:21 PM   #731
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Roger that. Don't remember this in any of the Alpha series either.
So - you are seeing the same behaviour as me cdrsubron7?

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 07-16-16, 01:49 PM   #732
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
So - you are seeing the same behaviour as me cdrsubron7?
Yes. The sonar contacts are coming from long distance.

Old 07-16-16, 05:31 PM   #733
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

RR

You have a PM with a link.
Old 07-16-16, 07:11 PM   #734
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Just finishing up a new single mission and while giving the mission a test run a question comes to mind. It concerns the IJN Heavy Cruiser Mogami. Right now there only seems to be a latter version of the Mogami in FOTRS. This is the one that was converted to a partial airplane carrier such as the Ise Battleship. Below is a screenie.

Seems to me there used to be a early war version at some point and time, but I can't remember who made it or what mod it came in. Any of you guys remember anything, where it might be found?

Anyway, back to this single mission. The following screenies are the first time I've seen the Kaga sunk in SH4.

I've got 6 single missions put together now, just need to do some fine tuning to get them finished. Then I zip them up and upload them to our super secret storage area. Would you guys prefer them as just folders that you can copy and paste into the singlemission folder or would you prefer them JSGME ready? I know you all are working on different aspects of the Ultimate Project and may not have much time to spare, but if you do take a break and give my missions a try, I would appreciate some feedback on what you think of them.

Old 07-16-16, 07:40 PM   #735
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

I knew there was an early version of the Mogami, took a little digging but found it.

Early Version

Late War Version