THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 11:51 AM   #1337
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by neural View Post
I am new to this forum and don't know if this already has been discussed. The problem is that my sound man and watch guy doesn't call out new contact. That is no message box update, no voice playing, no dropping to TC1, no nothing. I have to ask them to report to get a message in the message box. I am these mods and the difficulty setting is realistic:

Code:
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_jimimadrids_map_tools
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_Real_Navigation
Manos Scopes-patch for 8x5
Is this a feature or a bug? The sim is unplayable in any case. Any ideas how to fix it?
Hi Neural!
Here's one fix for the soundman, providing you've got TDW's UI mod installed and all the patches worked out.
Go into your; data/cfg folder and look for a cfg file called contacts.
Check these parameters under sonar;(Save the contacts file just in case of course so you can replace it if needed).
1. Look for the parameter called Imprecise and change it to 60 (it might be anywhere from 600 to 190)
2. Look for the parameter called Precise and change it to 15 (it might be up around 30 to 60 or so)
So, Imprecise to 60/ Precise to 15
This should get "Benni" to speak up again.
Save the new contacts file as well. It should work. but if you go deactivating and activating mods you might have to replace the new parameters from time to time.
Hope this helps you.
Gute Jagd.
D40
Gotta' PS here as well, One more thing; If your running in travel mode and using time compression, you may have to reset your time compression parameters so that when the enemy is detected, you go to TC1, or aircraft the same.
In short, there are always workarounds to get this running properly.
The Time compression tweeks can be adjusted in TDW's UI mod or you can go to My Docs/SH5/data/cfg/look for "Main.cfg" and you'll find the Time Compression sttings there.
If you need further assist I'll give you the set. Good Luck.
D40

Last edited by Dogfish40; 06-15-12 at 03:43 PM.
Dogfish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 11:44 PM   #1338
lilpooper
Sailor man

Downloads: 65

Does anyone ever experience sinking a ship and not getting credit for it? I don't think it used to happen at all, as I can recall. Now it seems like 50% of the time or more it won't even register, like it never even happened. It won't show up on the map, I won't get points for it and it won't go towards whatever mission I'm on.

For example I sank two transport ships, they would have gone towards a 25 ton mission I'm on right now but the mission status didn't move, and they don't show up on the map.

But...

I didn't use time compression or anything and I did intercept an SOS from one of the ships over the radio (not that it matters). Spent a good 90 minutes setting up for the kill using real navigation in blinding rain and low visibility. Or am I doing something wrong? Kinda frustrating...
lilpooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-12, 01:05 AM   #1339
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooper View Post
Does anyone ever experience sinking a ship and not getting credit for it? I don't think it used to happen at all, as I can recall. Now it seems like 50% of the time or more it won't even register, like it never even happened. It won't show up on the map, I won't get points for it and it won't go towards whatever mission I'm on.

For example I sank two transport ships, they would have gone towards a 25 ton mission I'm on right now but the mission status didn't move, and they don't show up on the map.

But...

I didn't use time compression or anything and I did intercept an SOS from one of the ships over the radio (not that it matters). Spent a good 90 minutes setting up for the kill using real navigation in blinding rain and low visibility. Or am I doing something wrong? Kinda frustrating...
It happens , its annoying so now i just think of it as unsubstantiated (how do you spell that ?) sinkings and go look for something else .
Old 06-26-12, 02:18 AM   #1340
lilpooper
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
It happens , its annoying so now i just think of it as unsubstantiated (how do you spell that ?) sinkings and go look for something else .
)) Ok thanks man.

Target practice I guess.
Old 06-26-12, 02:07 PM   #1341
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Sometimes with TDWs UI the destroyed marks do not always show and you may not get credit in the message box.

I have never seen this not show in the captains log
If you get no mission credit - it was prob not a correct target (ship type or map area)
Old 06-27-12, 12:56 AM   #1342
lilpooper
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Sometimes with TDWs UI the destroyed marks do not always show and you may not get credit in the message box.

I have never seen this not show in the captains log
If you get no mission credit - it was prob not a correct target (ship type or map area)
Hmm I went back to look in captains log. I didn't save it though as I used my last torpedoes and reloaded to find other targets to try and make count towards the goal.

It was in Arctic Convoys, sink 20 tons from JW/RA convoys. I had been sitting north of Scotland racking up kills when I came across those two cargo ships. They didn't count for whatever reason, and since I don't have those in the Capt's log anymore I guess we'll never know.

I did however heed Sober's advice. I guess either way, the campaign will move forward and I'll get new missions, regardless if I sink all the ships or not. So, in the end its really not a big deal.

Thank you though.
Old 07-15-12, 09:23 AM   #1343
SFSchmidt
Swabbie

Downloads: 6

you gotta love Uplay and the fact that DRM Locks the campaign when Uplay is offline!, anyone else had trouble logging in to Uplay for the last 12 hours?
SFSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-12, 11:01 AM   #1344
Deke
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Me too
Old 07-15-12, 11:16 AM   #1345
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Me too
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 05:02 PM   #1346
jamesw40k
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
Default Wondering if this is a better lace to put it

I have just bought SH5 on DVD. I have installed and updated it but when I launch the application it refuses to start. On Uplay it says that the game is running but it then times out after 2 minutes. I have unistalled it and Uplay many times but still no success so was wondering if anyone on here has a fix? P.S. I am running windows 7 64bit
Edit 1: Managed to get the opening cinematic to load when im in offline mode or I run it in safe mode. But it takes up about a 1/3rd of the screen and closes itself after the cinematic.
Edit 2: Also going to put up my computer specs if that will help out:
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
Intel Core Quad CPU Q8300 2.50gGHz
6GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 220
jamesw40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 05:07 PM   #1347
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesw40k View Post
I have just bought SH5 on DVD. I have installed and updated it but when I launch the application it refuses to start. On Uplay it says that the game is running but it then times out after 2 minutes. I have unistalled it and Uplay many times but still no success so was wondering if anyone on here has a fix? P.S. I am running windows 7 64bit
Edit 1: Managed to get the opening cinematic to load when im in offline mode or I run it in safe mode. But it takes up about a 1/3rd of the screen and closes itself after the cinematic.
Edit 2: Also going to put up my computer specs if that will help out:
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
Intel Core Quad CPU Q8300 2.50gGHz
6GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Hi James , seems odd. Try this
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...2&postcount=23
Old 08-02-12, 06:29 PM   #1348
jamesw40k
Swabbie

Quote:
Could not find that file but I have versions from 2010 if that helps
Old 08-02-12, 06:37 PM   #1349
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesw40k View Post
Could not find that file but I have versions from 2010 if that helps
Did you recieve all the green ticks when installing the game ?
Old 08-02-12, 07:08 PM   #1350
jamesw40k
Swabbie

Quote:
Did you recieve all the green ticks when installing the game ?
Yes I did.