SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-05-11, 07:30 PM   #3481
Wrecker013
Swabbie

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0

I'm having a problem, my submarines texture is all black, its only my submarine, and the texture doesn't change from that black to something else if I select the optional texture "upgrade" in the upgrades screen.
Wrecker013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-11, 07:48 PM   #3482
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker013 View Post
I'm having a problem, my submarines texture is all black, its only my submarine, and the texture doesn't change from that black to something else if I select the optional texture "upgrade" in the upgrades screen.
Do you have TMO 2.0 AND 2.2 patch installed?
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-11, 08:19 PM   #3483
Wrecker013
Swabbie

Dang it, of course I forgot the patch.
Ignore me, I need to bang my head on a wall some more.

Update: It appears the patch also had no effect. Two other things are also that I get a CTD whenever I try to open up the museum, and when I begin Pacific Campaigns I get two message boxes, one after I close the other. The first one simply states unknown error, the second states a path to the volumetric fog file.

Double Update: I currently have Stock SH4 with a amazon downloaded U-Boat addon, I recently reinstalled it and removed all mods that were still there (FOTRS, Subnuclear Deck Gun, Subnuclear Mk 14 and Cutie).

Triple Update: I did a fresh uninstallation of the mod and reinstallation. Museum still crashes and I still get the error when I enter campaigns, but the sub's texture was fine. However, this may very well have been because I picked a Narwhal-class submarine instead of a Gar-class.

Last edited by Wrecker013; 12-07-11 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-08-11, 06:29 AM   #3484
Mescator
Soundman

Downloads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker013 View Post
Triple Update: I did a fresh uninstallation of the mod and reinstallation. Museum still crashes and I still get the error when I enter campaigns, but the sub's texture was fine. However, this may very well have been because I picked a Narwhal-class submarine instead of a Gar-class.
As far as the museum crash goes, my understanding is a lot of mods simply add so many ships that the museum loading them all at once causes the game to crash. It's a unavoidable side effect of having so many ships in the game.

I'm not sure why your getting a error entering campaigns on a fresh install though Can you post a complete mod list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzifan View Post
Hi,
I've started SH4+UBM+TMO2.2 for the first time and made the first reading pass on SH4 manual and TMO2.0 and 2.1 as well

as I like playing at sim level yet taking screenshots of the gameplay, may I restore the external view option yet maintaining the realistic settings?

thanks
Once your in your office in campaign (Not on patrol), click the radio on the left hand side of the office on top of the filing cabinet. Make sure the external camera is enabled there. If it is, F12 should take you to it.
Mescator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-11, 06:40 AM   #3485
Wrecker013
Swabbie

The only mods in my folder are the main TMO mod, the TMO update, and some JSGME files.
Old 12-14-11, 12:04 AM   #3486
Lannes
Seaman

Downloads: 97

For a variety of reasons, none of which are very important, I've been playing SH4 version 1.4 with TMO for that version. I just never upgraded to 1.5.

I finally ordered SH4 Gold and it should be arriving any day and I've already downloaded TMO 2.0 and the patch. My question is this- How different is TMO 2.0 from the 1.4 version in terms of play style, AI, etc.

I've been playing the 1.4 version on hard difficulty and having a blast. The AI is just hard enough to have a good time using correct tactics without being frustrating.

Thanks,
Lannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 01:49 AM   #3487
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

The transition to TMO2.0 / 2.2, isn't that drastic. Just read what has been changed, and keep it in mind. The PDF file with all the info tells all, so as long you keep that in mind, it's not bad to get aquainted with.

And if you forget something, as we all do, just start over.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 10:39 PM   #3488
jeff lackey
A-ganger

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Drum View Post
You have to use the mouse wheel.
That's good timing - I just installed this mod and SH4 for the first time, ran the tutorials and could manually move the sonar direction, then could not figure out why I could not move it in the campaign.

Unfortunately on my laptop (where I am playing this while traveling) the mousepad simulated mouse wheel doesn't work very well.
jeff lackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 10:53 PM   #3489
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff lackey View Post
That's good timing - I just installed this mod and SH4 for the first time, ran the tutorials and could manually move the sonar direction, then could not figure out why I could not move it in the campaign.

Unfortunately on my laptop (where I am playing this while traveling) the mousepad simulated mouse wheel doesn't work very well.
Buy a mouse.
Old 12-16-11, 09:12 AM   #3490
jeff lackey
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Drum View Post
Buy a mouse.
Yeah, I've got a nice logitech wireless mouse, but there are situations where I am playing on my laptop and there is no surface for a mouse.
Old 12-16-11, 09:19 AM   #3491
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff lackey View Post
Yeah, I've got a nice logitech wireless mouse, but there are situations where I am playing on my laptop and there is no surface for a mouse.
Use a piece of wood.
Old 12-17-11, 09:03 AM   #3492
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

It is my hope to have version 2.5 uploaded before xmas.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-11, 09:13 AM   #3493
jokerl90
Seaman

Downloads: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post

Good News!!!
jokerl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-11, 09:15 AM   #3494
jeff lackey
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Ducimas, as a late-comer here (I just bought SH4 recently with the U-Boat expansion, on Steam, and immediately installed your mod, never played the game vanilla) I want to say thank you. Been playing sub sims since Gato on the Apple ][, was a writer for Computer Gaming World, Computer Games Mag, Gamespot, etc. and have covered every computer sub sim (as well as flight sims) made for about 20 years, and I just wanted to tell you your work makes this sim an amazing experience. I just started reading through the 175 pages or so of this sub-forum and I saw one a while back where you said you were done with the mod, and I was sad to read that but understood, so I was elated to see you actively working on it again!

So - as many have said but it cannot be said too much - thank you for your efforts and the results.

One question, and sorry if this has been answered in a part of this forum I haven't gotten to yet, what is the opinion of people here on adding the Run Silent Run Deep campaign mod to this one? Does it work well/without conflict with the latest TMO (2.2 - I assume that is latest?) And does it add enough to make it worth the addition?

Thanks
Old 12-17-11, 09:48 AM   #3495
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

I can't find the thread, but I think someone went through and tweaked RSRD to work with TMO v2. I just locate the thread where it was discussed, unless it's somewhere in the RSRD thread itself.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote