SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-03-11, 11:16 AM   #3466
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mido View Post
Hello everybody! Is there anybody out there who is using manual targeting with TMO and has it working properly?
I re-installed SH4 and TMO and still can set the mast height manually. Is this a bug? Any input to fix this is welcome.
You can't even do that in stock so why are you asking you have to use the book to select what ship it is.
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 11:37 AM   #3467
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Drum View Post
You can't even do that in stock so why are you asking you have to use the book to select what ship it is.
Thanks for your input. In stock and in RFB you can adjust the mast height settings manually in the ADT which is extremely handy when you attack a convoy and there are several "fat" targets of different types. You can save a lot of time this way by not needing to open the recognition manual each time you want to send data to the TDC.
Or a more simple example, there are 3 big tankers in a row passing by and you are just sitting there and waiting for a good shot. Now since all of the targets have the same course, all the data you need to send to the TDT is the different mast heights of these ships in order to determine the range correctly.
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 12:05 PM   #3468
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Thanks for your input. In stock and in RFB you can adjust the mast height settings manually in the ADT which is extremely handy when you attack a convoy and there are several "fat" targets of different types. You can save a lot of time this way by not needing to open the recognition manual each time you want to send data to the TDC.
Or a more simple example, there are 3 big tankers in a row passing by and you are just sitting there and waiting for a good shot. Now since all of the targets have the same course, all the data you need to send to the TDT is the different mast heights of these ships in order to determine the range correctly.
If I'm correct in the stock game you can set the range of the ship manually but not the mast height so what you are talking about is setting the range manually.
Old 12-03-11, 01:36 PM   #3469
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default Mido

Captainscurvy has two mods which should help with stock's inaccurate range data, and help with the difficult task of lining up the target and shadow target's bow and mast. They are the Ship Centered Accuracy Fix (S.C.A.F.) and another one, the name of which escapes me at the moment, but I think it is called Max Optics. They are designed to resolve range issues. Send a PM to Captainscurvy re the link to the threads to download the mods, or leave a him a message in the Optical Targeting Thread, or check the Popular Mods sticky for a link if you cannot find them. I believe both mods are linked to the same thread.

Or, you can download the Optical Targeting Mod (OTC) and resolve range and Aob discrepancies using the Omnimeter. Captainscurvy hangs around the Optical Targeting Correction thread in the Mods forum, and will answer your questions (and give you more information than you may be prepared to absorb.)

Or, you can plot the target's course and input it into the TDC using the the Easy Aob mod. That will resolve the Aob issues.

Or, you can download the 3D TDC and Radar Range mod, and reolve range and Aob issues using radar.

And if Aob is not an issue, you have gutted's Solution Solver, the Constant bearing technique (see the Skipper's Bag of Tricks sticky), and O'Kane Method.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-11, 01:51 PM   #3470
mido
Engineer

Now you are talking, thanks, let me digest all this...
Old 12-03-11, 02:58 PM   #3471
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
Or, you can download the 3D TDC and Radar Range mod, and reolve range and Aob issues using radar.

3D TDC and Radar Range mod is included with TMO, but you don't get it installed until you upgrade to a Gato or Balao class. The mod uses the interiors from these two classes, but has not been developed for the others. If this mod hasn't been granted 'Mod of the Year' status, it should be.

Good Hunting!
Old 12-03-11, 05:50 PM   #3472
mido
Engineer

Thanks for all the hints and tips, I am getting there...
Old 12-03-11, 09:10 PM   #3473
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger View Post
3D TDC and Radar Range mod is included with TMO, but you don't get it installed until you upgrade to a Gato or Balao class. The mod uses the interiors from these two classes, but has not been developed for the others. If this mod hasn't been granted 'Mod of the Year' status, it should be.

Good Hunting!
You should check out the Optical Targeting Solutioin Mod. With all of its extras, I think it is Mod of the year.

I like the 3D TDC but it has too many too steps and was difficult to adhere to the procedure.

Both mods do the job. (I posted because mido posts were driving me nuts. The answers are not difficult to find.)
Old 12-03-11, 09:48 PM   #3474
mido
Engineer

Quote:
You should check out the Optical Targeting Solutioin Mod. With all of its extras, I think it is Mod of the year.

I like the 3D TDC but it has too many too steps and was difficult to adhere to the procedure.

Both mods do the job. (I posted because mido posts were driving me nuts. The answers are not difficult to find.)
Thanks again, but are these mods compatible with TMO, especially the first one you mentioned?
Old 12-03-11, 10:15 PM   #3475
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Thanks again, but are these mods compatible with TMO, especially the first one you mentioned?
Yes

I have tried it and it worked fine.

The 3D TDC is in TMO 2.2 for Gato Interior. Can be FPS issue for Low End PC's when in the Conning Tower Room.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 12:50 AM   #3476
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default mido

try figuring it out yourself. The information is out there. Read about the mod.
Old 12-04-11, 08:56 AM   #3477
mido
Engineer

Quote:

Did you mean Optical Targeting Correction Mod by any chance?
Can't find the other one. Thanks again!
Old 12-04-11, 11:57 AM   #3478
Tozzifan
Bosun

Downloads: 87
new to SH4TMO: external view in realistic mode

Hi,
I've started SH4+UBM+TMO2.2 for the first time and made the first reading pass on SH4 manual and TMO2.0 and 2.1 as well

as I like playing at sim level yet taking screenshots of the gameplay, may I restore the external view option yet maintaining the realistic settings?

thanks
win8.1
i7-950//780ti//32Gb

Tozzifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-11, 10:19 PM   #3479
seaplate hitman
Medic

Downloads: 305

Under the 3D TDC Setting, the sonar can not move by manual operation.

seaplate hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-11, 12:37 AM   #3480
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaplate hitman View Post
Under the 3D TDC Setting, the sonar can not move by manual operation.

You have to use the mouse wheel.