SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-15-16, 10:14 PM   #1306
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Maybe we should call it the "Grand Aleutians"
"Welcome to the Grand Aleutians! come on in, the water's fine! Put your feet up and enjoy the show!" - or something to that effect... you old man you... - Next we'll be singing Elvis, again... Might have to see if I can find me some sequins or a Tommy Shaw / James Young wig...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-16-16 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Bobby "S": Turn the page...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-16, 07:17 AM   #1307
propbeanie

Some pix for cdrsubron7 of add-on ship examples:

Trying to re-create the Museum load screen... need some planes...

Everything seems to display just fine, they're just using the file names is all. The whole list shows up great. Any request for a particular ship?.. I don't know if it's my eyes or what, but are these things kind of "fuzzy" though? Like, out of focus?

Old 08-16-16, 08:25 AM   #1308
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Everything seems to display just fine, they're just using the file names is all. The whole list shows up great. Any request for a particular ship?.. I don't know if it's my eyes or what, but are these things kind of "fuzzy" though? Like, out of focus?
Let's see the new Auxilary Cruiser. It's modeled after the Hokoku Maru.

Also the two CVs, Hiyo and Unyru class.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-16, 09:23 AM   #1309
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Propbeanie, you're probably right in the idea that cdrsubron7's trouble is with his Operating System (whatever it is, since he hasn't told us what it is), and its running of too many processes in the background. My intent to ask him if his LAA is set up properly was to rule out the simple stuff. Seems he's content to live with it.

=============

Before the week is up, my work on some of the things I've been working on will be uploaded to the Google site.

Sounds will be complete, I've merged Propbeanies "800 Emulate Stock" sounds with mine. They are better in .wav file length and format. Many of the plane "Damaged" sounds had to be replaced....the originals sound like a plane falling in mid air. A damaged plane doesn't always crash, so having a looping sound of a plane falling from the sky just wasn't right. The ship/plane engine sounds were all checked, with 90% of them tweaked in some way either in volume, or pitch. Several new engine sounds for the ships were added, to give greater variety to game play.

I'll be giving you a list of the new planes added to the game. I received permission over a year ago to use planes that were basically modeled by Sergbuto and JU_88. These will be used at their respective land bases, and carrier/warship inventory. That means a Japanese Light Cruiser (BB's and CA's too) might have a scout plane on patrol within the appropriate range looking for enemy traffic. So will the appropriate U.S. warships. Just a bit more reality to contend with. Plane "Loadout" were all checked/corrected as needed. This was one of the basic reasons why planes seemed to just fly over without engaging an enemy....if it didn't have a weapon to use, it would not attack. Once a torpedo plane dropped its one torpedo, it wouldn't make another run.....it headed back to base. Same principle as to why a plane wouldn't attack.....no ordinance, no attack. On that same topic, some of the FOTRS planes simply have their equipment file incorrectly pointing to a .dat entry for bombs/torpedoes that don't exist. For example, if the equipment.cfg file has a torpedo set to B06 (Bomb) position on the plane, yet the .dat file for the plane has no B06 entry....they only go up to B03, you'll never see this plane carry a torpedo. Several mistakes were found like this.

Max-peck, I have added the plane icons to all planes (the new ones too). I know how long it takes to make each plane folder, then add the correct xxxx.shp.dds image to it. I hope you can read this before taking the time to do it all, since I've got it in my modifications.

I'm going to have the "Rudder Amidships" phrase added to the game when striking the keyboard key for same. However, at this time I'm not changing the "Ahead slow" or "Ahead standard" phrases for "Ahead 1/3" or "Ahead 2/3"......the phrases I made just don't go along with the stock voices. Better to not do anything then to make it worse.

The Museum will work as expected for all planes/ships. They will all be textured, no black images of the models. The subs will have the familiar orange mark floating over them, so you know where to look underwater.

I'll need to check with my notes to remember what else I changed/fixed. Oh, the Sonar/hydrophone will have the zoom removed.

Oh yeah, the Radar, sonar/hydrophone sensors will have a more accurate group of parameters, yet I'm not finished with them by any means. I'll put what I've finished out for merging with the latest beta, but I'm not satisfied with the sensors for both the subs or AI. I'll have a separate upload for them.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-16, 10:18 AM   #1310
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Propbeanie, you're probably right in the idea that cdrsubron7's trouble is with his Operating System (whatever it is, since he hasn't told us what it is), and its running of too many processes in the background. My intent to ask him if his LAA is set up properly was to rule out the simple stuff. Seems he's content to live with it.
Sorry, it wasn't my intention to withhold my OS from you guys. I'm using Win 10 (64-bit). I appreciate the help with trying to get the Museum working, but like I said if it doesn't work, well so be it. Like what has been mentioned maybe my system is too advanced for lack of a better word to work some of the features in SH4 (FOTRSU). As long as the ME and Career Mode work for me that's all I need. At my age, I've learned it's not good to get all hyper about things anymore.

I've got a handle on the ship naming project now and will start to work with s7trikback.

Old 08-16-16, 11:04 AM   #1311
propbeanie

Windows 10 is a bit different than Windows 7, so that v3.4 Game Booster thingie probably wouldn't know what to and / or what not to "kill". One of the newer progs might work better, then again, might not. If you've got a "default" install of Windows 10, there's all sorts of extra stuff not needed on the "standard" desktop. However, I'm still leery of messing with either the oldest son's computer, or the wife's computer with Windows 10 on them...

CapnScurvy, you are so out-pacing any of us here. We might have to change the name of the project...

The Museum is "hard-coded" into the game isn't it? It'd be nice to be able to click on "Museum", then have it bring up a sub-menu for "Merchants, Combatants or Air", or something along those lines. Any way to "catch" the click, script a sub-menu, then call a catalog to load the Museum (like calling it with an argument)?.. That way, it could load in smaller chunks into ram... Maybe "fake" it with a double-use of the "Single Missions" menu and sub-menu items?... Just thinking out loud.

Old 08-16-16, 11:32 AM   #1312
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

I just noticed this, pb. The Mogami screenie from the Museum that you posted is not the Mogami from the FOTRSU Addon Ships. That one is the Mogami class cruiser before the conversion to a hybrid seaplane carrier.

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 08-16-16 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-16-16, 11:49 AM   #1313
propbeanie

Quote:
Let's see the new Auxilary Cruiser. It's modeled after the Hokoku Maru.

Also the two CVs, Hiyo and Unyru class.
Your wish is my command:

Now, in theory, if I did my editing correctly, the smaller images should be what shows up here, and if you click on the picture, it'll take you to Photobucket for the "Full-SIZE!!!" pictures, which don't look so big on photobucket (but you can right-click and "Save As..."), plus, if you act now, you can get all sorts of pop-up ads that pop-up right through your duly authorized Microsoft pop-up BLOCKER!!! How do they ~do~ that? I am currently looking for other sites, but they all do the pop-up stuff, even MediaFire and DropBox now. Must be money in doing that, somehow...

Oh! In my haste to criticize Photobucket, I forgot to mention that the bow wake is a bit off on the Aux Cruiser, as you can see. Even if you get all the way to the side of the ship, it doesn't look right. The Hiyu looks like it might be a bit seasick...

Old 08-16-16, 01:12 PM   #1314
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Max-peck, I have added the plane icons to all planes (the new ones too). I know how long it takes to make each plane folder, then add the correct xxxx.shp.dds image to it. I hope you can read this before taking the time to do it all, since I've got it in my modifications.
I had done about one third of them last night, and was planning to finish the rest tonight
You have just saved me a bit of work - thanks for the heads up

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-16, 02:52 PM   #1315
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Happy times I had at the weekend - just before my three hour depth charging

Beautiful sunset

Two Hits

Take the long way home

Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 08-16-16, 02:56 PM   #1316
max-peck
Grey Wolf

At cdrsubron7

Please see PM

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 08-16-16, 02:59 PM   #1317
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie
I forgot to mention that the bow wake is a bit off on the Aux Cruiser, as you can see. Even if you get all the way to the side of the ship, it doesn't look right. The Hiyu looks like it might be a bit seasick...
I'll look at the Aux Cruiser, it probably needs a different bow wake model to have it narrower. Or, if the left wake is separate from the right, they can be pulled closer together. The YAE Side Wheeler didn't have but one bow wake either, and no wake to the side wheel paddles....it does now.

The green color of the Hiyo CV somewhat matches its original war coating....so, its not really miss colored.

Funny, those two Recognition Manual images look awfully familiar to me. The Jap flag on the Hiyo, and the red marking on the Aux Cruiser's funnel are from OTC. As a matter of fact, the Cruisers image was made by me from a Museum image I took years ago, then put it into OTC's Rec Manual. Just surprised to see them being reused again. I'll be removing the flag and red funnel top before the release of my stuff this week.

Oh...... speaking of the Rec Manual, I've removed the scale marker along the bottom of the page (at the bottom of the ship image). Although in propbeanie's images, its (kind of) in the right position. At higher resolutions, it moves off the page into thin air. I noticed it some time ago with one of cdrsubron7 images.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 08-16-16 at 03:10 PM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-16, 03:04 PM   #1318
propbeanie

Quote:
I just noticed this, pb. The Mogami screenie from the Museum that you posted is not the Mogami from the FOTRSU Addon Ships. That one is the Mogami class cruiser before the conversion to a hybrid seaplane carrier.
I missed your post cdrsubron7... That one is also in that folder, but I also looked at the other one... I'll be back in a bit with another for you.

Super green CapnScurvy? ls the Unyru just a faded version?

Old 08-16-16, 03:14 PM   #1319
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Nice screenies, max. I like the Japanese flags on the hulls of the ships, very kool touch. I'm seen your PM, I'm going top say no for the moment. I've got some things cooking tonight when I get home and I won't have time for them. But the offer is greatly appreciated my friend.

Old 08-16-16, 03:17 PM   #1320
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Oh...... speaking of the Rec Manual, I've removed the scale marker along the bottom of the page (at the bottom of the ship image). Although in propbeanie's images, its (kind of) in the right position. At higher resolutions, it moves off the page into thin air. I noticed it some time ago with one of cdrsubron7 images.
I can't take credit for those screenies, they were made by max.