SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-03-17, 03:59 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default What does this mean?

[CareerStart 12.Flotilla 2]
ID= C12Flotilla2
NameDisplayable= Fremantle
IDLinkFlotilla= FremantleCommand
IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F2Sargo, 1, F2Gato, 2,
FlotillaBriefingText= ; seems to have no function
FlotillaCommonality= 1

What does the number after the entry mean? Example after F2Sargo, what does the 1 mean ? Need to know so I know which numbers to put when I add boats, its not in numerical order in most entries
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 08:50 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

I used to ~guess~ that was the number of boats available at that location, but I cannot get my math to reconcile that supposition across the game. I've never found a definitive answer, so it'd be interesting to "hear" someone else's perspective... Similarly, the "FlotillaCommonality=" number. I had assumed it meant the "default..." boat for the location, the one that shows in the drop-down box for the player's choice when starting a Career, but that also does not appear to be the case...

... but what we ~really~ want is a complete "Modder's Tool Kit" from Ubisoft, including documentation of the files... - sorry, couldn't help myself...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 09:24 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I used to ~guess~ that was the number of boats available at that location, but I cannot get my math to reconcile that supposition across the game. I've never found a definitive answer, so it'd be interesting to "hear" someone else's perspective... Similarly, the "FlotillaCommonality=" number. I had assumed it meant the "default..." boat for the location, the one that shows in the drop-down box for the player's choice when starting a Career, but that also does not appear to be the case...

... but what we ~really~ want is a complete "Modder's Tool Kit" from Ubisoft, including documentation of the files... - sorry, couldn't help myself...

Lol yea good luck on that one (UBI).

Problem is if get the number wrong, itll cause a CTD until correct it. Quite aggravating when trying to make it so can select various classes of subs at different times.
Old 07-04-17, 07:37 AM   #4
Jolierouge
Sailor man

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

F2Sargo, 1 means there`s one boat of the specified class available.
In data/roster/whichever nation/submarine there are *.cfg for each class;
my example is taken from JHapprich`s Alfa, which has six predefined units.

So F2Alfa, 3 would mean three random units from that list are available and one would be assigned to you, making the ID of that boat a random name or number.
Jolierouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-17, 07:49 AM   #5
propbeanie

So you're saying there Jolierouge, that jhapprich has said it ~IS~ how many boats are available for the game to choose from, but it can be any number between 1 and the number of boats available in the "Data / Roster / Nation / Submarine / Boat.CFG" file? So if there are 10 boats, you could use "10" as that number, and use "10" for all flotillas that are active? I ask this because some boats let you have a total that is greater than 10 (as the example), and others do not, or maybe I should state "don't seem to let you"... In other words, when I'm editing the files, I usually try to keep the total of that number distributed between all of the flotillas equal to or below the total number of boats available for the time frame... This almost sounds like "talking in circles"... - I'm wondering if the number of boats displayed in the Roster CFG files is a "fake", like some of the dimensions in the Sea CFG files, and the game pulls that number data from elsewhere?...

Old 07-04-17, 04:01 PM   #6
Jolierouge
Sailor man

Jhapprich didn`t say a thing, it`s what I`ve figured from going through his Alfa.

So let`s say you have those 10 boats throughout the war and 4 bases, you can assign different numbers, but may not exceed 10 boats since you don`t have more.

Base 1 flotilla 1 : 4
Base 2 flotilla 2 : 2
Base 3 flotilla 3 : 1
Base 3 flotilla 4 : 1
Base 4 flotilla 5 : 2

Hope this helps, it`s a long time since I`ve been playing around with all those files. And you are right with the time frame!
Old 07-04-17, 06:07 PM   #7
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolierouge View Post
Jhapprich didn`t say a thing, it`s what I`ve figured from going through his Alfa.

So let`s say you have those 10 boats throughout the war and 4 bases, you can assign different numbers, but may not exceed 10 boats since you don`t have more.

Hope this helps, it`s a long time since I`ve been playing around with all those files. And you are right with the time frame!

Thanks, this helps a lot. So any idea what file its linked to if any? I ask because say in RSRD I tried to make Tench available starting November 1944, but when I do, I get a CTD. Or when I added Balao to Fremantle and Brisbane in mid 1943, would get a CTD.Same when I tried to make so could run a Gato and other fleetboats out of Dutch Harbor in 42 (a few did during the campaign) I did find the availability dates for certain units in the flotilla which I corrected so could transfer from pearl once started a career , perhaps that is it?

My question would be how do I which numbers to put on various units in career start when adding them ?
Old 07-05-17, 01:12 AM   #8
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolierouge View Post

OK, that's the way I understood it from his posts and files also, in addition to what Peabody had posted. Some of the boats do NOT like to co-operate though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Thanks, this helps a lot. So any idea what file its linked to if any? I ask because say in RSRD I tried to make Tench available starting November 1944, but when I do, I get a CTD. Or when I added Balao to Fremantle and Brisbane in mid 1943, would get a CTD.Same when I tried to make so could run a Gato and other fleetboats out of Dutch Harbor in 42 (a few did during the campaign) I did find the availability dates for certain units in the flotilla which I corrected so could transfer from pearl once started a career , perhaps that is it?

My question would be how do I which numbers to put on various units in career start when adding them ?
I use the SubmarineName.cfg file in the Roster / Country / Submarine folder, and count the "available" in there based on date, but it's probably not that file, since I still have issues at time... - As you know though, any little dot of the I in the wrong place, and you bomb the game, not just the boat...

Old 07-05-17, 05:09 AM   #9
Jolierouge
Sailor man

Data/UPCDataGE (for my example)/UPCCampaignData/Flotillas.

And again the Alfa (just love it).

Okay, flotilla 1 is in Penang and has two UserPlayerUnitType-definitions, adding the Alfa makes three.
Now we want to add a Charlie II (670M), which would make it
UserPlayerUnitType 4.
Add SS670M.cfg and set the DOC/DOD, add it in Flotillas.UPC as #4 and to the objectives listed for that specific flotilla.

Flotillas:
[Flotilla 1.UserPlayerUnitType 4]
ID=F1Charlie II SSGN
AvailabilityInterval=NULL, NULL ------> taken from SS670M.cfg
IDLinkUserPlayerUnitType= 670M
UnitTypeCommonality= 2 ------>no real idea, (#boats*pi)/moonphase^2
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= NULL

CareerStart:
[CareerStart 1.Flotilla 1]
ID= C1Flotilla1
NameDisplayable= Penang
IDLinkFlotilla= Penang
IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F1IXD2, 1, F1705*, 1, F1670M, 1
etc....

*Alfa

UserPlayerUnitType 2 is the XVIII, but since it is the earliest career start, we don`t have it.

Again hoping this helps with vanilla boats.