SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-30-16, 05:09 PM   #3331
Factor
Weps

Downloads: 180
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
If your sub is ascending or descending your interior view will show the tilt. If your sub is on a level plane, it will ride level. What your showing with the picture is your sub is ascending upward. What you guys are complaining about has been purposely added to the Camera in the Command Room, Radio Room, and Conning Tower.

Its a realism factor added to the game.

Make sure you use the camera that's setup for the room your in...in other words don't walk through the Radio Room door to view the Radio Room with the Command Room camera....use the Radio Room camera in the Radio Room. Use the Command Room Camera in the Command Room. Don't pass through the different rooms with the same camera.

That screenshot was taken in port, on calm seas. 0 knots. The view is in the ascending prospective in the Command Room. When diving, and crash diving, the view will ride level. This is using the camera file with the mod, and mouse clicking to get to each compartment.

The perspective view in the Command Room is not reflecting the given behavior of the submarine physics. If I am traveling at 2 knots submerged maintaining 250 feet depth, my boat should not be in the "ascending" position, it should be totally level, which it is not in the Command Room view perspective.

Last edited by Factor; 12-30-16 at 06:10 PM.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 06:05 PM   #3332
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Scurvy, the camera's Y axis should be pointing straight up. It's not. As for diving and ascending, those pictures were taken when level.

Right now there's a slight forward tilt of the camera by default. No other camera (that i checked) had a tilt to it.

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 07:00 PM   #3333
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Edit: btw Moonlight, what boat are you in with that "sick" crew member at the batteries? Also, are you using v0.52? You shouldn't be getting photo recons. If you are in v0.52, we missed one...

Edit Again: I can't see a date in your pics. About when is it?... and even in v0.52, there's almost 2 dozen vessels in the bay there, of which almost half are the patrol craft... another edit coming to further pare it down...
I was in a Gato, I'm using v0.52 and it was about September 1942 I think.
Ahem, about these photo missions you've supposed to have got rid of, you've missed more than one old bean, they just gave me a new photo op to go and photograph Osaka of all places, I'll be giving that one a miss me thinks.
Its December 28th 1942 now and me and the crew are taking a little break and sunbathing off the coast of Okinawa, ahhh this is the life.
Oh one last thing, lieutenant Tucker L Costa has been relieved of duty, any special abilities men that don't work correctly are consigned to a desk job.
Old 12-30-16, 07:26 PM   #3334
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166

Sadly my old hp envy just gave up the ghost....But now $1533.00 later I have me a monster machine!! Its a "ibuypower" with windows 10 and it runs sh4 very well..It has 1tera byte space and 16 gig of ram upgradeable...Now I am ready for the final edition of FOTRS!!!

Last edited by Berserker; 12-31-16 at 12:21 AM.
Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 10:30 PM   #3335
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I was in a Gato, I'm using v0.52 and it was about September 1942 I think.
Ahem, about these photo missions you've supposed to have got rid of, you've missed more than one old bean, they just gave me a new photo op to go and photograph Osaka of all places, I'll be giving that one a miss me thinks.
Its December 28th 1942 now and me and the crew are taking a little break and sunbathing off the coast of Okinawa, ahhh this is the life.
Oh one last thing, lieutenant Tucker L Costa has been relieved of duty, any special abilities men that don't work correctly are consigned to a desk job.
Well, Lt Costa is just going to have to stay benched, unless someone who knows about that fancy stuff like that can fix it. As for the Photo Op Recons, in my hurry to get more of the update out for 52, besides have run-aways at Dutch Harbor, I neglected to put a couple other file changes in, so you'll get photo recons, but they might not give you any "Renown", so you do all the hard work, and probably get nothing... In the meantime, tweaked that area of the Jap_HarborTraffic some more to reduce not only the frequency of the vessels, but how often they rotate, so there should a major reduction in that area. I still have to get rid of some more in Tokyo harbor, and the western end of the Inland Sea is absolutely crawling with 'em, as is the Kagoshima area... more trimming and paring yet to do. The "drunk" vessel you encountered? I cannot find what it was, where it came from. All I can guess is that it was something that didn't spawn correctly... probably because of too many patrol boats...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-16, 10:33 PM   #3336
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
FOTRSU v0.52

Pearl Harbor 1941.

... unusual picture ...

Is that Peter and Jesus?... - sorry, bad pun...

You are right near where that DD was attempting to self-destruct on the rocks right there... them fellers are probably walking on the roof, though you'd think you'd see a mast somewhere...

Old 12-31-16, 05:20 AM   #3337
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Webster sorted out the photo recon problem in his GFO mod.

My first orders from Pearl is to photograph Tokyo harbor (Yaizu).
So it looks like I might have a problem with that?

I have heard of this deck gun problem before but I do not know if there is a work around for it.
Before

After

Bow Deck Gun correctly positioned

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-16, 06:37 AM   #3338
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Webster sorted out the photo recon problem in his GFO mod.

My first orders from Pearl is to photograph Tokyo harbor (Yaizu).
So it looks like I might have a problem with that?

I have heard of this deck gun problem before but I do not know if there is a work around for it.
Before

After

Bow Deck Gun correctly positioned

Peter
Most of the photo recons are being removed, and will be an optional add-on later. When I was disabling them, only part of the config for them made the v0.52. I left out the PatrolObjectives.cfg file with changes that were made for that when I got in a hurry to get Dutch Harbor finished (I accidentally overwrote the file), so you'll still get the assignments, but you won't get any of the "helps" that you normally would, like Moonlight described earlier, where the camera button doesn't light up, and you won't hear a "click" when you push the button. He didn't say whether he got a "target lock" in the periscope... I don't remember if you get the renown "reward" or not, since I haven't looked in the files lately, but you might not. If the icon went grey for Moonlight, then he should have gotten the renown for a complete mission... Moonlight did mention encountering massive quantities of patrol vessels, and when I looked last night, there were like 24 of them out and about. The next revision will have that down to about a third of that.

I'll have to let someone else answer about the deck gun stuff.

Edit: I just went back in there THEBERBSTER, and it looks like the PatrolObjectives.cfg for the DutchHarbor changes didn't even make it in... that's an older file in the mod... hmmmm...

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-31-16 at 07:30 AM. Reason: hmmmm....
Old 12-31-16, 06:39 AM   #3339
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Wolverine View Post
Sadly my old hp envy just gave up the ghost....But now $1533.00 later I have me a monster machine!! Its a "ibuypower" with windows 10 and it runs sh4 very well..It has 1tera byte space and 16 gig of ram upgradeable...Now I am ready for the final edition of FOTRS!!!
I'm jealous... Santa didn't bring me ~anything~ like that... I did get the new model of "Lump of Coal" though keeps my tushie toasty

Old 12-31-16, 09:21 AM   #3340
Factor
Weps

Here you go CapnScurvy....

This screen will show you that the camera view in the CR has the wrong values coded. Its an easy fix. I fixed it myself in less than 5 minutes. And the fix is posted above. I loaded a untouched download of the FOTRS mod for the screen below.

If you look at this screen, I am at 140 feet. Maintaining depth. I should not be ascending. You can tell by the red light planes indicator next to the depth gauge, and the plane gauges themselves. This view should be level. The S boats are fine. The Fleet Boats are all tilted.

Last edited by Factor; 12-31-16 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-31-16, 10:03 AM   #3341
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
If your sub is ascending or descending your interior view will show the tilt. If your sub is on a level plane, it will ride level. What your showing with the picture is your sub is ascending upward. What you guys are complaining about has been purposely added to the Camera in the Command Room, Radio Room, and Conning Tower.

Its a realism factor added to the game.

Make sure you use the camera that's setup for the room your in...in other words don't walk through the Radio Room door to view the Radio Room with the Command Room camera....use the Radio Room camera in the Radio Room. Use the Command Room Camera in the Command Room. Don't pass through the different rooms with the same camera.
See why I said we keep strict areas of responsibility? Here a player is assuming things not true and reporting a sub is level when he's really ascending and the sub would not be level! This is a great feature of our interior cameras and strictly CapnScurvy's territory.

Someone else changing it would have affected the game adversely. It also explains why I wasn't able to reproduce the problem. I tried it sitting on the surface and everything was level. I assumed the player also was on the surface, not diving or ascending.

Still, keep the reports coming! Assume nothing and let us know what you see. This report was a good one that just didn't happen to pan out. There's no way you can know that will happen. If you see something report it and let us check it out.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-16, 10:17 AM   #3342
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
This is a great feature of our interior cameras and strictly CapnScurvy's territory.
Robbins.. he's wrong

What do you mean you can't reproduce it? Start the navigation training. Do nothing. Switch to command room. Turn view to the left to look at the depth gauges. The right gauge is clearly higher than the left, indicating the boat is climbing.

Zero out the value in the Interior.dat file. Redo the test. The gauges are level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy
If your sub is ascending or descending your interior view will show the tilt.
It does.

Quote:
If your sub is on a level plane, it will ride level.
The sub is level, but the view isn't.

Quote:
What you guys are complaining about has been purposely added to the Camera in the Command Room, Radio Room, and Conning Tower
Totally missed the point.

Solution Solver 2.3.2 - Visual Targeting Tools & Aids

Last edited by gutted; 12-31-16 at 11:59 AM.
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-16, 11:18 AM   #3343
Obi Heed Kenobi
Swabbie

Downloads: 136

This is my first post here. I've been playing SH4 for years, both unmodded and modded, and I've been visiting Subsim since it was first founded. I found FOTRS a few days ago, and so far it's great.

I wanted to thank all of you who are putting in so much work on this. This is an incredible project, and I appreciate that you're doing it!
Obi Heed Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-16, 11:19 AM   #3344
Factor
Weps

I give up....

How does my last screen not show the error. The sub IS riding level, but the view is tilted as if I was ascending to the surface, which I am NOT! Look at the depth and dive gauges, look at the perspective, it does not reflect the subs behavior. 140 feet depth so to be sure there is no rocking of the boat. Plane indicators in the screenshot show what should be a level boat, not one that is ascending. The conning tower does not have this tilt when the sub is riding level. Neither do the S Boats.

Read the posts. I NEVER reported I was level while the boat was ascending to the surface. I was level in ALL of my screenshots. The view IS NOT showing it level, when the sub is supposed to be level. BTW, the first screen I posted of this issue, I was surfaced. So It would be impossible for me to be ascending. The gauges don't lie. Look at the screens carefully. Look at the gauges.

Last edited by Factor; 12-31-16 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-31-16, 11:48 AM   #3345
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Heed Kenobi View Post
This is my first post here. I've been playing SH4 for years, both unmodded and modded, and I've been visiting Subsim since it was first founded. I found FOTRS a few days ago, and so far it's great.

I wanted to thank all of you who are putting in so much work on this. This is an incredible project, and I appreciate that you're doing it!
Thanks for the compliments, Obi Heed Kenobi. Appreciate it.

Welcome to Subsim, BTW. Happy to have you with us.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote