SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-09, 05:56 AM   #31
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0

Can I just confirm this completely replaces OLCs mod. If so, will I lose any OLC Gold interface functionality by using this or is the interface part exactly the same? Very impressed by the screenshots.
Old 12-17-09, 06:09 AM   #32
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwigginton View Post
Can I just confirm this completely replaces OLCs mod. If so, will I lose any OLC Gold interface functionality by using this or is the interface part exactly the same? Very impressed by the screenshots.
Hi !

You can run M.E.P. v3 on top of Olc gold, you will not 'lose' anything of Olc's gui.

M.E.P. v3 is only an environment mod !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 12-17-09, 02:41 PM   #33
ryanwigginton
Weps

Thanks. Works great but I'm having flat sun issues. In the past I've resolved this by adjusting AA, AF, gamma correction or transparency AA. I tried completely removing all of these but was still getting it. So added flat sun fix, but now even this isn't working. Here's my install order:

OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 4
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Flat Sun Fix
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update
TMT v2
ManosEvironmentPro v3

Macine spec in my signature. Any ideas?
Old 12-18-09, 11:27 AM   #34
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Thanks. Works great but I'm having flat sun issues. In the past I've resolved this by adjusting AA, AF, gamma correction or transparency AA. I tried completely removing all of these but was still getting it. So added flat sun fix, but now even this isn't working. Here's my install order:

OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 4
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Flat Sun Fix
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update
TMT v2
ManosEvironmentPro v3

Macine spec in my signature. Any ideas?
hello Ryanwigginton ,

i am tottaly convinced by now that the sun's halo missing issue is caused by the settings at your video cards ( it doesn't matter if you haven't this issue with other environment mods...all you have to do is to 'play' a little with the video card's settings )

you will find some usefull infos at post 70 here :[REL] M.E.P v2.1 (ManosEnvironmentPro-version 2.1)

also there is a workaround at post 22 till the end here : [REL] Man0s Environment Pro

but above all , i will suggest you to USE nhancer with the settings that Rubini suggested (link at the first post of this thread ).this will solve your problem and also you will be amazed with all the differences that nhancer is doing ! besides that, have in mind that M.E.P v3 (and v2.1 ) was designed with nhancer enabled

HTH ,

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 12-18-09, 01:00 PM   #35
ryanwigginton
Weps

Thanks makman. I'm already using Rubini's nhancer settings. Tell me, is your flat sun fix, identical to OLCs?
Old 12-18-09, 10:34 PM   #36
Captain Birdseye
Watch Officer

Location: Sat behind my desk at BdU tapping away on my Enigma machine.
Downloads: 44

I've just watched sunrise with this mod and it was amazing. Definitely download if you don't have it already!
Old 12-19-09, 09:01 PM   #37
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Thanks makman. I'm already using Rubini's nhancer settings. Tell me, is your flat sun fix, identical to OLCs?
are you sure that nhancer is enabled? i am telling you this becuase nhancer is a little bit 'tricky' at enableing it . still haven't figure exactly the enable procedure of nhancer (other times i have to tic the manual enable button...others not ) . just make sure that nhancer is running in your game
as for the flatsunfix : no it is not the same ....you will use ONLY the one included in the .rar
nothing else must be used for M.E.P v3
after you make sure that nhancer is running ,enable the flatsunfix for M.E.P v3( if you still have the issue).
if the issue still insist after all these....sorry i really don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Birdseye View Post
I've just watched sunrise with this mod and it was amazing. Definitely download if you don't have it already!

Last edited by makman94; 12-19-09 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-20-09, 08:13 AM   #38
ryanwigginton
Weps

Ok. Now I have your mod enabled correctly. I'd just extracted the zip from filefront to my MODS folder and didn't realise there were sub-directories within the ManosEvironmentPro folder.

The Flat Sun Fix v3 works now. However, it's broken again whenever I enable any AA, even x2 AA breaks it.

It could be nvidia driver related as I updated recently to the lastest version for my card (195.62)

I will keep playing and let you know if I have any success.
Old 12-21-09, 11:41 AM   #39
jdkbph
Captain

Downloads: 104

Hi all,

Two things...

First, the sun halo thing. On recent generation nVidia cards at least (I have a 260 GTX), this can be fixed by using the hi res mod to set the game resolution to something other than a) the default 1024x768, or b) your display's native res (1920x1200 in my case). Since this hi res mod has the unfortunate tendency to "extend" mouse travel several feet off the screen at higher resolutions, I choose to use something closer to the default, like 1280x1024. This somewhat mitigates the mouse issue while restoring the image of the sun to it's intended glory.

Second, has anyone noticed anything "odd" about long range encounters with enemy warships after installing this mod? I find that they now have the ability to straddle and hit me with several salvos before I even get a first sighting on them. It's as if the enemy sensor ranges have been adjusted to accommodate the 20k environment, but not my own. The enemy's gunnery accuracy could use some toning down as well.

I'd be perfectly willing to fix this myself (for my own amusement at least, if no one else agrees this is something that needs to be corrected) but I have no idea which variables to tweak.

Otherwise I think this is a great mod (I'm definitely a big fan of Makman's work) and the 20k visibility has the potential to be a big step forward.

JD
Old 12-21-09, 11:53 AM   #40
ryanwigginton
Weps

jdkbph, can you direct/link me to this hi-res mod please. My searches aren't yielding any results. Thanks.
Old 12-21-09, 12:13 PM   #41
jdkbph
Captain

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1092

I know it's called XP SP2, but I'm running Win7 and it still works fine.

JD
Old 12-21-09, 02:50 PM   #42
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkbph View Post

Second, has anyone noticed anything "odd" about long range encounters with enemy warships after installing this mod? I find that they now have the ability to straddle and hit me with several salvos before I even get a first sighting on them. It's as if the enemy sensor ranges have been adjusted to accommodate the 20k environment, but not my own. The enemy's gunnery accuracy could use some toning down as well.
hello Jdkbph,

first of all you didn't say if you are running the sensors for wac or for gwx
as i said in the readme the ships are not so blind anymore.the settings at sensors is a big headache becuase they are not tottaly distinguished by day and night . in this set at day you spot the ship at about 20km and the ship is start firing at you at about 11.5 km .but this depends of how high are the visual sensors of the enemy.i used a middle height for visual sensors ship at tests.it is possible that you 'meet' a very 'tall' ship...i guess that it will see you further than 11.5km but this is an exeptance . (i don't want to be that way but i had to make ,as for the distances at day, some conciliations for the name of night) .
with these settings you have a range of about 8.5 km between 'you spot the ship-the enemy spot you '
with stock gwx-16km and stock gwx sensors,running the same mission ,you spot the ship at 16km and the ship is start firing at you at about 9.5 km (distance between these two is about 6.5 km )
the accuracy of enemy's guns is untouched...meaning that your game is still using the settings of supermod
i never said that these settings are the best ....it is a matter of tastes ...especially for the night (there is the big 'problem') .read the first post again, if you don't like them , just don't run the files for sensors but do only one edit at your sensors.dat(read the first post)
of course , this theme , is always open and it will be very nice if a 'professor' at sensor's settings (like Rubini...or Observer or Redwine...) will spend his time and make a visual sensors pack for 20km !

Old 12-21-09, 03:50 PM   #43
ryanwigginton
Weps

jdkpbh,

Thanks! The res mod fixed my flat sun.

To makman94, I just ran a single mission, the first on the list. Surfaced the boat and accelerated time. Time acceleration stopped approx 1230hrs when my crew spotted a warship. I went to the bridge and asked the watch officer for a bearing then looked that direction with the binos. Think it was at about 17km. I couldn't see a thing, not even a dot. So I accelerated at 32x until it had closed to about 14km, then asked for a bearing again. Again I couldn't see anything. I have GWX3 sensors installed.

Possibly a small warship but my point is some work needs doing here. If my watch crew can see the ship, then so should I. Visuals are great though.
Old 12-21-09, 06:03 PM   #44
jdkbph
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello Jdkbph,

first of all you didn't say if you are running the sensors for wac or for gwx
Hi Makman. Congrats on another fine mod release. I did apply the sensors for GWX per the readme.

Quote:
in this set at day you spot the ship at about 20km and the ship is start firing at you at about 11.5 km .but this depends of how high are the visual sensors of the enemy.i used a middle height for visual sensors ship at tests.it is possible that you 'meet' a very 'tall' ship...i guess that it will see you further than 11.5km but this is an exeptance . (i don't want to be that way but i had to make ,as for the distances at day, some conciliations for the name of night) .
with these settings you have a range of about 8.5 km between 'you spot the ship-the enemy spot you '
with stock gwx-16km and stock gwx sensors,running the same mission ,you spot the ship at 16km and the ship is start firing at you at about 9.5 km (distance between these two is about 6.5 km)
This is interesting, then, because I'm seeing something else entirely. I'm sure it's something I've done wrong, but let me explain anyway.

I've twice encountered enemy warships - one DD and one Dido class cruiser - both at extreme range, daylight and perfect weather. My first clue that I wasn't alone in both cases was shell splashes followed by "we're taking damage Captain!" (in German of course).

When I finally got a sighting report, the firing ship was at 18k + and coming on hard. That means they must have spotted me from the absolute max range of 20k and started firing immediately.

Here's my current mods list:

GWX 3 St Naz and Schluese and other units V4
GWX (St Naz) - Merged Campaign
WB's GWX campaign with 34 additional ships
GWX (WB) - Merged Campaign
GWX - Captain America's Officer Icons
GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
OLC GUI 1.2.7 Core Files
OLC GUI 1.2.7 Dark Files
M.E.P v3
MEP v3 VisualSensors for gwx3
New_clearsky_clouds
Rapt0r's Instruments V3.1 (Without Red Circle)
WB's Decks Awash
WBNN Mission Orders
LifeBoats&Debris_v3B
TMT v2
DoubleMastValues
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi - Single Exhaust for TypeII
TypeVIIb
Emblems

If you see something wrong here that might be causing this extreme behavior, I would appreciate any advice as to how I might correct it.

Thanks.

JD
Old 12-21-09, 08:40 PM   #45
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
jdkpbh,

Thanks! The res mod fixed my flat sun.

To makman94, I just ran a single mission, the first on the list. Surfaced the boat and accelerated time. Time acceleration stopped approx 1230hrs when my crew spotted a warship. I went to the bridge and asked the watch officer for a bearing then looked that direction with the binos. Think it was at about 17km. I couldn't see a thing, not even a dot. So I accelerated at 32x until it had closed to about 14km, then asked for a bearing again. Again I couldn't see anything. I have GWX3 sensors installed.

Possibly a small warship but my point is some work needs doing here. If my watch crew can see the ship, then so should I. Visuals are great though.
hi Ryanwigginton,

This is possible to happen (it happened to me)... when the ship is one of these motor torpedo boats....they have no smoke and becuase of the fact that their hull is totally vanished at these distances you will see nothing...BUT the sh3's engine 'sees' the ship so your crew is warning you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkbph View Post

When I finally got a sighting report, the firing ship was at 18k + and coming on hard. That means they must have spotted me from the absolute max range of 20k and started firing immediately.
hi GD,

i see in your mod list that you still have enabled my visual sensors for the 20km but you said that you don't like them . if you want to switch back to original gwx visual sensors DON'T run the files for the sensors.

now, the behaviour you describe with the dido is tottaly unacceptable ! (i assume that you used my sensors) . i will create a mission with the dido to see if this is really happening . if you are right at this ...i will remove the files for visual sensors settings ....obviously a mistake must have been done there !

thank you for mentioning it

Closed Thread