SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-15-17, 10:37 PM   #1
verganojoda23
Watch

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0
Exclamation Something i'm working in... MOD SOUP (+PUBLIC APOLOGIZE)

Greetings!
My mod soup.
I've done some bad things here i know, im sorry for that... ill pay for it somehow.. if i finish testing this, ill find a way to upload this either the full mod soup (custom modified by me) or the entire game (sort of portable isnt it nice?)

TWOS + all the other mods i could get.. (ALL OF THEM)
(The game have a unique look, as for Real Environment 15 was tweaked and working with moon light mods+demon water and removed the ugly big (and laggy) wake eff, just leaving the pretty, and removing the laggy stuff)
(Some mod names slightly modified for compiling/practical porpouses)
------------------------------------------------------------
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update 04f
Enhanced FunelSmoke1.2_by HanSolo78
SH5Lifeboat_Wooden ver. 0.2
sobers No bullet trasers SH5
sobers more trees SH5
Window_Lights_Redone_V1
Environment 15 MOD
AilDeckwave 1.0
AilMoon 1.5
AilRain 1.0
AilClouds 3.0
Naights_Underwater_Mod
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation (Update 04f)
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders (Update 04f)
TWOS Binoculars with bearing by Torpedo v1
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 4x3 Resolution Patch
No magic skills v1.5 MCCD compatible
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt NO BEARDS
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
EMCCD v0.3.2 by archer9
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional -6db damped Sonarguy
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional louder engine sounds
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional remaining orig sounds converted to 22Khz
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional scary creaks
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional NavMap babelling
Rubini_Crash_dive_fix_for MCFM 1.2.1&MCCD v1.3b_For_All
Capthelms SH5 Audio Mod
silentmichal's interior mod 1.2.4 patched
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Medium Faber-Castell Style
Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english
DynEnv v2.9 - 5.c Ambient Settings - Darker Nights-No Murky Waters
Moon_light_mod V6 SH5
sobers DOF V6 SH5
Capthelms Lighting Effects mod for sh5
sobers darker harbor walls
Loading Screens Mod
DasBootSehrohr
Messervy_s_gramophone_pack1
sobers darker ship bow spray
COOK BLACK W HAT
gap - PVC Floor v 1.1 for SH5 - main mod
Demon water with Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1
WolfPack Wotan
SM_CONVOY_ON115
EUFv2_0_UBoat_FX_v0_0_6e_ byTheBeast
SuperTurm_FX_SubFlags_v0_0_1d_byTheBeast - Copy
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel im close to just PERFECT.
------- The PROS:
1. maximum eye candy (as far as i know)
2. maximum realism (afaik) -maybe with some Engine/RPM/Speed on Hyd mod (pls update that awesome mod PLSSS) would make it 100% and maybe some harbour addition environment enhancement for twos would be a (REALLY HARD TO DO) great thing!
3. maximum compatibility (afaik + my custom changes)
4. maximum mod load (afaik)
5. maximum stability (more than 5 days in game time without crashes)
6. Tested all campaigns and working (at least the start afaik)
7. maximum gameplay (all twos offers (enigma YEAH!) + crash dive fix + deck crew control)
8. all the sound mods (except for BBC/intercontinental radio as it is HUGE)
9. Some of the mods u see here are tweaked by me, example is the Equatools. I've selected different models and now i have a diferent model for each tool (mixed all the versions with cool markings), or another ex is the interior mod, i've add LOTS of mods to that one, so many idk wich have i mixed together. IDK if thats bad or good, is not my work, just mixed it together.

THIS IS NOT MY WORK, I MERELY COMBINED THOSE MODS and LIKE PROFFESOR UTONIUM (from PPG) i've created a pretty accident.

-------Few details/issues...

1. how to get rid of the ctrl room smoke (on damage) to increase fps and avoid ALL possible fps drops ingame.. (looking for a smooth gameplay 100% of the time)

2. getting the sub flags to go with the wind (like SuperTurm_FX_SubFlags_v0_0_1d_byTheBeast rear flags but for the main sub flags)

3. Yes i run all of this with just 2g ram, e8400 and gts 250 on w7

4. I have to unload some mods to get into port (i can reenable all in port but for the transition i have to unload some mods or the game will CTD -visual mods all of them so no eff on the campaign-)

I can use full mod load, either in port or outside it, but to go from port to open waters i need to change to a lighter mod soup for some time (50-100km) inbound/outboud ports. As soon as im inside i can reenable everything -weird isnt it?-

5. I NEED to share this, i feel so alone playing this monster i've compiled by myself, plus i have some karma debths here so.... its just not ready.
I'm addicted to mods so u can imagine....

6. Just in case.. THIS IS NOT MY WORK -i wish i could credit each mod/modder i used individually but at this point its all mixed up-

7. Thanks for everything.

The Venezuelan Bandit....
Bandongogogo (BANNED)

(and sorry for bad english)
i'm really sorry but if i haven't done what i did i could've never compiled this thing..

Last edited by verganojoda23; 01-15-17 at 11:25 PM.
verganojoda23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-17, 05:00 AM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

I don't want to brake your enthusiasm but keep in mind that adding whole bunch of incompatible and already contained mods on top of TWoS is not a good idea and it will only bring you a headache. This is pretty obvious even by quick look at your modsoup.

The problems you've encountered there are simply an indications that a lot of stuff is messed up and this is just the beginning...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-17, 11:28 AM   #3
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

I suppose it's easier than climbing a mountain for those that like to take the hard road...

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-17, 04:56 PM   #4
AlfredoZ
Swabbie

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I don't want to brake your enthusiasm but keep in mind that adding whole bunch of incompatible and already contained mods on top of TWoS is not a good idea and it will only bring you a headache. This is pretty obvious even by quick look at your modsoup.

The problems you've encountered there are simply an indications that a lot of stuff is messed up and this is just the beginning...
Yep, vdr1981 is absolut right about that. I also tried to add some stuff here and there after TWOS. At first all seemed perfect... Then after a while I suddenly got a CTD out of nothing. Then strange things began to happen ingame. Then the CTD came more often and so on...
Finally I'm stuck with the TWOS and the compatible mods and I realised that's all I need!
AlfredoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-17, 06:04 PM   #5
verganojoda23
Watch

Default Well i know that is not perfect but theres a reason for that mod soup

The mods (some of them i know are already contained), are necessary for some functions i have.

an example, the MCCD, EMCCD, crash dive fix, are all in that order (and repeated from the ones contained on twos) to enable the mightyfine crew faces + the deck crew control.

the environment 15 + demon water + reflections + moon light mod and stuff like that is for graphics.

The env 15 gives me surface eff + wakes (deleted some entries to remove laggy wake), the reflections and demon water tweaked + moon (to have really dark nights without loosing the cool color from real env 15 + tweaks)

I need to upload screen shots so you can see what i mean.

I've being doing layer cake for some years now, not modifing the mods themselves that often but rather putting them in layers.

Is not enthusiasm, is that i've played 4 full campaigns now, from baltic to distan waters, with no mayor CTD, just entering-leaving port -and can be avoided unloading some mods- (the main docking port, not port raids -weird-) i can even get to NY and not suffer ctd with full mod list.

The mod redumdance is obvious but not unnintentional, if is there is because i've tested it, and it adds something good and with no mayor stability issues.

I can play all historical missions even in the middle of the atlantic gap campaign, the missions rarely CTD and is mostly due to my 2gb ram.

By rarely i mean of 10 missions 1 or 2 will CTD without warning. But not in campaign, campaign can run smoothly for days ingame and hours in real time.

o've worked hard to keep twos stability and getting the cool stuff in too.

And again this is not ready... I've being adding mods to my sh5 since it came out, and was previously into modding my sh4 (i mod all my games so i'm not new to this)

I hope u guys can see and maybe play/test this, -my own (happy mess)-, and enjoy it as i do n.n

Any suggestion, or advice is really welcome, it can get me to fix some of the issues.

Thanks, and take care!
Old 01-16-17, 06:15 PM   #6
verganojoda23
Watch

Default Just to clear it up

I dont want to sound like i know a lot about this. Im very humble when it comes to mods because i know how much hard work and time it is put into them. I myself are not even close to what a modder is (maybe some day i mighyt learn), in fact, im open to sugestions, teachings and knowledge, thats why i like about this.

Had to put this after re-reading my own post, it sound like me bragging, and not being native english speaker, its hard for me to avoid that context.

Again, thank you all guys who have made possible for the few thousands of us the actually love and play this like a serius thing -(is it not all about inmersion, realism and trying to feel the closest to an event, that real people suffered and that is otherwise unaccesable? -ww2-)- to get a good plataform, and turning it into an AWESOME SIM!
Old 01-16-17, 07:20 PM   #7
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Some people like tinkering with mods/mega mods . I know i do . Nothing wrong with adding a long list of mods to WOS as long as you keep it to yourself and dont post about problems . WOS is meant to be played as a standalone mega mod as the mod maker says . Keep up the good work
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-17, 11:02 PM   #8
verganojoda23
Watch

Default So is it not right to share this after i'm done?

Can i? i mean, once i get the ugly soup into a pretty dish, can i share it?
I mean i already know you answered but i'm seriously thinking in uploading this as a mega mod compilation.

Another thing, i'm not posting problems with TWOS, it runs great as it is (stand alone and not so alone)

The issues i face here are more of a TEC type (eg. the flags on conn tower flagstaff following wind), or getting rid of that smoke in the ctrl room when damaged.. (BTW Sober, i think you might -may be- know -some how- something about this??), thats smoke is my biggest stone in the shoe, not causing CTD but the lag is just.. unbareable!! xD

Thanks and take care!
Old 01-17-17, 07:49 AM   #9
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Don't get me wrong verganojoda23, we are always happy to welcome new modders who are willing to learn about game files.

I was just trying to point out that your current modlist has bigger issues than simple eye candy flags or "smoke" in command room. By the way, don't you think that I wouldn't already add the sub flags if that was possible ?

The prospect of "megamod" within the "megamod" is really odd for me and maybe even bit frivolous, and I'm pretty much sure that something like this would only cause confusion in the community.

If you really want to share your work with community, you should focus your efforts towards the some kind of unofficial JSGME ready addon for TWoS , with clearly stated compatibility instructions (for TWoS 1.*+Update ** ect).

A "flyby" modder tried something similar few years ago but , as you can see here, his addon become outdated quite fast, bringing only confusion and broken modlists for months afterwards...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215304

I hope you see my point...

Cheers...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-17, 05:54 PM   #10
verganojoda23
Watch

Default =)

Just to clear that up, im no modder (not even close) You my friend, Are! -and a great one too btw, just wanted to say thank you directly to at least one of you (in the name of all of you xD)-

Also i wouldn't call this a megamod's megamod (sorry if i did it, it wasn't my intention), i would call this a happy mess (xD) or rather a user's custom mod list.

And not at all my friend! I totally get you, and yes! i know my mod list have bigger issues hidden that i havent experienced, but, my point here is that, with this mod list i've managed to end different campaigns with an acceptable CTD rate, actually, just in the main ports i get CTD and after long gaming sessions (3h+ if any CTD at all). I know that is not completely functional, but it works for me (and i've had bad times with unstable SH5 mod soups), what i mean with this is that the game's playability/functionallity/CTD proportion is not as big as it should for my mod list, in fact, this has being my mod list for about 3 months of heavy playing (i keep updating my twos mod) and i havent experienced any mayor noticeable errors of flaws (like getting stuck in a mission due to predictable/repetitive CTD/error)

For the sub flags, i've just deleted some files that caused CTD when starting a campaign in bunker -those overwritting TWOS mods, so when i enable it it doesnt overwrite anything-, as soon as i didnt experience any CTD i just leave it like that. The only CTD i notice with the flags mod (customized by me) is that of CTD when exiting port rendering area to open waters (and vice versa), and i just reenable flags when in "CTD safe" -lets say 5km outbound of the 40km rendering area of the port, as for the transition when port is un-rendered is what caused my CTD- waters.

As a mod addict and perfectionist and realism junkie this mod list have actually made me happy, off course after a lot of manual editing. I just needed to get used to the loading/unloading of mods when near to the home port.

Thats why i want to upload this thing for any of you guys to freely test it.

(((On another note))) regarding Speech recognition -Ill make a post after i end writting this-

Maybe some people like me, where having problems with the microphone catching up the game sound and pausing the game each time the crew said something that the speech recognition detected as the pause command -something like the depth calls when diving-.

I fixed this by simply deleting the TC commands lines on the grammar and commands files inside the speech recognition mod (data-sound-speech). the rest of the commands seem to work nice and no longer getting my game paused n.n

This is the type of editing i do more often than anyting.
Thanks for understanding this stranded kaleun, and take care!
Old 03-16-17, 05:29 AM   #11
mrfabulous
Nub

Downloads: 144

i will be glad to see finally some "sub flag mod" on TWOS or, in this better case, the SuperTurm_FX_SubFlags_v0_0_1d_byTheBeast. i'll be waiting for that
mrfabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 03:18 PM   #12
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

mrfabulous!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 04:19 PM   #13
mrfabulous
Nub

Default good hunting, tailwind and good luck for you all!

really thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
mrfabulous!
Old 03-16-17, 06:19 PM   #14
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > mrfabulous
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Also, make sure to pay special attention to FAQ and Tips section and feel free to ask in this thread for any additional elucidation.

Sub Flags is a well known cause of causing a ctd
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 09:28 PM   #15
mrfabulous
Nub

unfortunately i already knew that, but I confess that watching the flag flying on your u boat in "good times" after a stressful and tough battle makes everything much more fascinating. TWOS makes everything more immersive, realistic and, much more important, never let you tired of playing in time and years. no others game/simulator are able to do that, even with mods. in my personal opinion this megamod + just one sub flag mod will be absolutely perfect