SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-05-11, 03:28 PM   #166
BUKER
中国水兵

Downloads: 401
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
you have no need for encouraging Hans ! your mod ...rocks and this is 'speaking' by its own ! you know....i always believed that there are two 'types' of modders ....the first 'type' modders are talking ('advertise') always about their mods trying to 'push' the whole thing and the second 'type' are 'talking' to people with a different way....they 'talk' to people with their mods (and only the users that really wants are 'hearing'). your mod ,Hans, is a very strong 'voice' ! be sure of that !
the down side is that silent hunter series simply ...are dying becuase the few that are left here are more hardcore SIMULATOR fans. thats why ,imo, you don't see the 'huppiness' from many people (becuase ...few have left here) that you may expected to see . (if you were here...two or three years ago....you would have seen very different reactions)
It's amazing when Game SH-3 is interesting, it is increasingly losing its fans.
The paradox, but it's true!

Unfortunately, this trend is not only subsim.
2-3 years ago on a Russian forum where it was very crowded now a forum looks like a dried up river.
Only the true fans of this genre!
Old 02-06-11, 01:18 PM   #167
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
you have no need for encouraging Hans ! your mod ...rocks and this is 'speaking' by its own ! you know....i always believed that there are two 'types' of modders ....the first 'type' modders are talking ('advertise') always about their mods trying to 'push' the whole thing and the second 'type' are 'talking' to people with a different way....they 'talk' to people with their mods (and only the users that really wants are 'hearing'). your mod ,Hans, is a very strong 'voice' ! be sure of that !
the down side is that silent hunter series simply ...are dying becuase the few that are left here are more hardcore SIMULATOR fans. thats why ,imo, you don't see the 'huppiness' from many people (becuase ...few have left here) that you may expected to see . (if you were here...two or three years ago....you would have seen very different reactions)
Hi mate,

I know I'm late but for history lovers there no such thing as time lapse appeal, when you are hook to history or classic stuff like Sh3 that never get old at least in my book.

The younger generation might not like old stuff and i see that this generation is consuming stuff at a fast rhythm without any kind of lasting appeal. For me i still play old DOS games

And as i mention earlier even if only 5 persons are interested in my work i will still developing it.

No matter what and against all odd i will always side to preserve history to the best of my knowledge.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 01:25 PM   #168
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale View Post
Oi, Herr Witteman, just a quick question!

Is the Type II model 100% finished, or is the model we saw still WIP.

I was just watching some of your vids again, and became curious!

Smooth sailing m8
Hi Myxale,

Exterior are completely finish i am at the moment finishing the interior but don't expect all the detail you saw in Tomi TYPIIA thread because the game engine would crawl almost to a stand still if we throw all those poly at it.

Don't be shy to noticed me if you saw some graphical glitch on the sub ext

I got some trick in my sleeve to simulate some part visually so the overall look will be enough to enjoy

Both torpedo room and engine are included in TYPIIA plus some surprised features.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-06-11, 01:30 PM   #169
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUKER View Post
It's amazing when Game SH-3 is interesting, it is increasingly losing its fans.
The paradox, but it's true!

Unfortunately, this trend is not only subsim.
2-3 years ago on a Russian forum where it was very crowded now a forum looks like a dried up river.
Only the true fans of this genre!

Hi mate,

We classic lovers will still enjoy Sh3 even if the younger crowd is never satisfy with nothing.

The maturity of most game engine graphical capability is more than enough to do amazing game the problem is on the time spent and the quality of the art assets.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-06-11, 04:06 PM   #170
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi Myxale,

Exterior are completely finish i am at the moment finishing the interior but don't expect all the detail you saw in Tomi TYPIIA thread because the game engine would crawl almost to a stand still if we throw all those poly at it.

Don't be shy to noticed me if you saw some graphical glitch on the sub ext

I got some trick in my sleeve to simulate some part visually so the overall look will be enough to enjoy

Both torpedo room and engine are included in TYPIIA plus some surprised features.

Best regards Hans
You serious???
You also modeled Torp Room and Engine?? LOL

Do you even sleep???

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 07:40 PM   #171
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale View Post
You serious???
You also modeled Torp Room and Engine?? LOL

Do you even sleep???
Hi matey,

Dead serious and more but this i won't reveal

Never underestimated a history 3D nutter

And yes don't worry i only need 5 hr of sleep per day and just imagine if i could spend all my time on it!

The real fun is only beginning my friend since the longer part of this mod was at the beginning, learning the files structure, S3D editor and all related tools, then modding all aspect of the game that i dislike, so now it is going a lot faster cause i can concentrate on others boats and prop.

I already start modding the sound like 3D water sound around the boat and misc other sound effect.

Also i am testing a new 3d/2d damage model when you sink ship that so far look very promising.

Best regards Hans

Last edited by Hans Witteman; 02-06-11 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-06-11, 08:34 PM   #172
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62
Default **BUMP**

Keep up the good work!

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 09:21 PM   #173
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Default Great News

Hi shipmates,

Skill modders are starting to pm me to join our mod i will announced the name when work as officially begin

So now our dream mod is beginning to be a dead serious contender

I still need people to speed the release like : Game mechanic experts, campaign designers and terrain experts modder.

The dream is starting to take shape kudos to all of ya

Even if you are not a modder a consider every single supporter of this mod as important as any one else in the modding section.

Best regards Hans

Old 02-06-11, 09:23 PM   #174
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwieger View Post
Keep up the good work!

Old 02-07-11, 02:38 AM   #175
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi shipmates,

Skill modders are starting to pm me to join our mod i will announced the name when work as officially begin
Great news.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 05:43 AM   #176
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3222

Fantastic! Great news!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 08:04 AM   #177
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

hello to all !

the name that Hans wants to announce is mine ! i told Hans that i will take care of UIIA's scopes . i will make them exactly as the real thing and at the same time will work absolutely correct . is not decided anything yet ...as for example if player will use a formula for getting range or to built inside the game an 'aobf' tool for getting range or to keep the well known stadimeter ...all are in discuss with...Hans and with...all of you !

and at the same time i told him that i can help at AI visual sensors... a part that i had made extensine tests when i created the visual sensors for MEP.i,personally, am very satisfied (given the limitations of sh3's engine) with 'my' visual tweaks (which are based mostly on NYGM's sensors) but i would like to hear your opinions on the theme ...please,tell which visual sensors you believe are more correct and why (please,try to be as 'specific' as possible and avoid to talk 'generally' here).visual sensors is the most 'tricky' part becuase of the night 'vampire' issue . once ,visual sensors are setted or ..decided then the rest sensors i believe that must be taken directly from one supermod that you will vote (others are more light ...others are more hard).if there are indeed historically correct to the A supermod then will use these sensors . that is my thoughts on theme ...whats yours ?

also, i want to call Hitman to take part on the gui building !nothing is decided yet (even for G3F page) so will save us from a lot of effort ,as job will be divided , and also he was preparing a new look at TDC page . Hitman , what do you say ? can your TDC find its way in UIIA ?Scopes...etc will be discussed further via pms...once we decide holes diameters-fovs job is starting .Hans says that has all the info of real thing ...scopes specifications and photos with the real reticles.

thats all guys ! my thought is to give a final (ULTIMATE) 'strike' to this 'pig' called ...sh3 ! i believe that this 'pig' can (still) scream much louder than its new...'brother' but free time is not plenty anymore and progrees will not be fast(or not fast at all) if few are take part (not that we are in a ...hurry....are we?)!

well ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 11:47 AM   #178
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Great news, Mak.

As for the Sensors, NYGM was my first eva, Mod i used, beside the old RUB.
And we use to play the W@W campaign with NYGM back in the Days And they used to be hairy.

They are not just vital for the crew and Ai to function properly, but also for the challenge. They really seemed to work where the silhouette tactics (big, small) were concerned!

Curious how the scopes turn out!

Keep it up mates!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-11, 12:38 PM   #179
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
i want to call Hitman to take part on the gui building !nothing is decided yet (even for G3F page) so will save us from a lot of effort ,as job will be divided , and also he was preparing a new look at TDC page . Hitman , what do you say ? can your TDC find its way in UIIA ?Scopes...etc
Unfortunately I have right now no time at all for modding. I can provide some technical support and info, though. There are some things about the scopes mounted on the Type II that I can tell; one of them is a small but important detail we had not yet noticed back when OLC, Joegrundman and me developed the Zielkurswinkel Rad
Old 02-07-11, 12:57 PM   #180
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
hello to all !

the name that Hans wants to announce is mine ! i told Hans that i will take care of UIIA's scopes .
Hi mate,

I didn't want to mention it to early because sometime it is better to let the person think of it before he get involved

There is another modder to who offer to join the team, he want to start on Battleship skinning and merchants, since i made custom UVW template our battleship and merchant will have both side independent for texturing.

I will make a video to show the process to him and he will start on that part of our mod.

Those ships will be greatly enhanced visually because of trick i used baking shadow on texture template and applying custom specular mask to get that metallic look that you saw on typIIA in video.

Our fellow shipmate who offer to help have also mod UI and is well know here at subsim.

So as you can see thing are starting to shape up

Best regards Hans