SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-19-14, 02:11 PM   #3496
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Hi guy's,

All the work you saw from HAHD mod is not wasted in any way since everything almost 98% of it are re use in Atlantic Warfare and in a more detail way with all the latest technology advance so please stop spreading non sense topic that everything done in this thread went to the trash bin.

I know i am repeating myself but we did not mislead Subsim with this project at all on the opposite we had a window of opportunity to form a solid team with talented people from the former development team of the Silent hunter series and all are currently working very hard for this game even knowing that the chance of success is very thin for such a dead genre.

We had great idea for this mod but each time we hit our face on the limit of an aging game engine we start to look for a better technology to host all the fantastic work done for this mod, as an analogy it became similar to the guy who want to buy used tire for his brand new Ferrari!

I was also working on a survival horror rpg that was very promising with a huge customers potential since this genre is very popular in trend and i drop this project completely to return and forming an international team for Atlantic Warfare with very slim chance in a dying niche.

We also see some of the drama queens going to such length that they are creating false account on other Sim forum to bash the Atlantic warfare project and seeing their IP origin is evidence that some have nothing else to do of their spare time, if you have a grip with me have the balls to contact me in private instead of backstabbing ATWAR, and these guy's are suppose to be naval Sim enthusiasts?

I think i am much more resilient than people think since after 3 years i am still actively working on this Sim and i had to work very hard to form a decent team to build that dream Sim, i have spent countless hours of research, modeling, coding etc. and all this for free since it is a passion.
By the way the loudest mouth i saw here did nada for the community not even a screen saver so please think twice before opening your big mouth.

A special thank to the very few who support ATWAR in our thread and are proposing suggestions for building a good Sim in a positive way.

I just told Jim that it is OK with me to close this thread so the drama meter could go down.

Regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-14, 10:51 PM   #3497
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfb View Post
To some of us it's more than that. SH3 brought us together as one of the greatest communities on the web, and brought us many great friendships. Also a lot of us get annoyed when calling it a GAME, it's a simulator, and one of the greatest ones ever created, IMHO of course. We have spent countless hours and even years working on projects to keep this genre alive, not to mention donating our own money on websites dedicated to SH3. I've been apart of this community since 2006. I may have been absent from Subsim for a few years, I still have a love for this community I will never forget it.
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 12:25 AM   #3498
areo16
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
You have not misunderstood....your text above looks more like an instruction than a comment.
Can not a perceived instruction also be a comment?
areo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 12:28 AM   #3499
areo16
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
By the way the loudest mouth i saw here did nada for the community not even a screen saver so please think twice before opening your big mouth.
Regards Hans
What makes you so confident?

Consider my knowledge of Silent Hunter I've expressed here in these forums...
areo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 01:32 AM   #3500
Johnfb
Commodore

Downloads: 292
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuddley3 View Post
To some of us it's more than that. SH3 brought us together as one of the greatest communities on the web, and brought us many great friendships. Also a lot of us get annoyed when calling it a GAME, it's a simulator, and one of the greatest ones ever created, IMHO of course. We have spent countless hours and even years working on projects to keep this genre alive, not to mention donating our own money on websites dedicated to SH3. I've been apart of this community since 2006. I may have been absent from Subsim for a few years, I still have a love for this community I will never forget it.
I agree with what you say, and am very passionite about this sim/game too ,and have created many mods and uploaded them for others to use, spending many hours on creating graphics etc.... My mods may not be the best but they are there for all it use and I try to give a little back......but people getting so personal and so uptight over it seems a bit overboard ....IMHO of course.
This sim/game has given me countless hours of enjoyment or should that be years..... but at the end if the day it's still only a (....)
Johnfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 03:08 AM   #3501
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Hi guy's,

All the work you saw from HAHD mod is not wasted in any way since everything almost 98% of it are re use in Atlantic Warfare
What?! I thought you were going to waste several years of work
Old 01-20-14, 10:01 AM   #3502
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

No prob' old man.

Jsut keep us up to date on the KS-campaign. Looking forward this one.

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 02:04 PM   #3503
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale View Post
No prob' old man.

Jsut keep us up to date on the KS-campaign. Looking forward this one.
Hi Myxale,

I knew we can count on you since you are one of the very few supporting us since the beginning and we appreciate that my friend.

Doing a project like ATWAR is a pure delight since now we have full control over all the game mechanics we want to see in and wait until the first gameplay footage will be release i think you will understand and agree with our choice.

We have even other talented artists waiting to join in once we have the necessary support.

If we were to wait for another developer to do this kind of Sim i think we wont have enough time to see it happen in our lifetime.

Regards Hans

Old 01-20-14, 07:41 PM   #3504
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Hi Myxale,

I knew we can count on you since you are one of the very few supporting us since the beginning and we appreciate that my friend.

Doing a project like ATWAR is a pure delight since now we have full control over all the game mechanics we want to see in and wait until the first gameplay footage will be release i think you will understand and agree with our choice.

We have even other talented artists waiting to join in once we have the necessary support.

If we were to wait for another developer to do this kind of Sim i think we wont have enough time to see it happen in our lifetime.

Regards Hans
As has been stated before, Hans, no need to worry about the nay-sayers. All of us here are well aware of the amount of work and time you and the team have put into the UBootHAHD project. We're expecting (no, we know) the same sort of effort and caring to go into the ATWAR as well, and are looking forward to seeing the first screenshots & videos.

Cheers!

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-14, 08:58 PM   #3505
rainiere
Seaman

Downloads: 281

Yes. This is the sentiment of the majority I'm sure! You have my support
rainiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-14, 12:16 PM   #3506
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwieger View Post
As has been stated before, Hans, no need to worry about the nay-sayers. All of us here are well aware of the amount of work and time you and the team have put into the UBootHAHD project. We're expecting (no, we know) the same sort of effort and caring to go into the ATWAR as well, and are looking forward to seeing the first screenshots & videos.

Cheers!
Hi mate,

You are also one of the very first supporter and we appreciate your loyal support since the beginning and trust me we will personally reward our loyal supporters when the time come.

Thank for being there with us.

Regards Hans

Old 01-21-14, 12:19 PM   #3507
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainiere View Post
Yes. This is the sentiment of the majority I'm sure! You have my support
Hi Rainiere,

A big thank to you for supporting the project, the road is full of obstacles but life is about challenge and without challenge life would be meaningless.

Regards Hans

Old 02-10-14, 01:23 PM   #3508
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by areo16 View Post

It's the pinnacle of false-promises, modding-selfishness and profiteering for the Subsim community.

To this day, the HAHD team has yet to share any of their work with the community. But I'll give them credit, they're damn good PR guys.
what mean ''PR guys'' ? you must speak with clear and straight words becuase not everybody knows english and their 'special' expressions. do you know any of us and you speak so ...easily ?

why u-boot-hahd is ''false-promises, modding-selfishness and profiteering for the Subsim community'' ?
there was never a supermod showing so much before its release.you are talking about pictures when the truth is that a load of long videos (exept from the pics) are showing the ingame u-boot-hahd.
Hans decided to built it from scratch (and not to create an expansion to an existed supermod) and this decision meant a long time road,we all know it ,respected his decision and moved on. if you don't agree with that ,who has the problem?

Quote:

To this day, the HAHD team has yet to share any of their work with the community....
why do Hans has to share anything ? does he own to anyone to share something that he feels isn't completed yet just for some 'crying' members to be satisfied ? let me tell you something: the only thing that is true is that you can not demand anything at all,you can only wait and if Hans decide to drop it ,it is absolutely his theme and not yours. it is his work and he can do whatever he wants with it.

Quote:
Its difficult to insult one's intentions or integrity when they haven't actually done anything; other than posting pictures to things that will never be.

You lead everyone here on to something really big and exciting... for a very long time.

Then, when all of a sudden you guys call it quits. We hear nothing of the work done, the things we saw in the pictures, nothing...

Anyone can draw conclusions from this. I sure did. And you just heard it.
you draw conclusions based on ...pictures to things that will never be? is this correct ?
all the following are videos (not pics) from ingame real time running and allow us NOT to have shown ...EVERYTHING (or this is not allowed too and we have to reveal everything? ):

ps: stop hiding behind your finger and next time post with your true identity . it is getting so childish the whole thing when we all know that i am 'talking' to someone else. it is not big deal to post with your nickname (if it is not kealhulled) , we are very few left around and have in mind that sh3 has nothing to lose from u-boot-hahd,on the contrary there is the possibility to gain things so what is the so big negativity for?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 03:00 PM   #3509
Johnfb
Commodore

Downloads: 292
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
what mean ''PR guys'' ? you must speak with clear and straight words becuase not everybody knows english and their 'special' expressions. do you know any of us and you speak so ...easily ?

why u-boot-hahd is ''false-promises, modding-selfishness and profiteering for the Subsim community'' ?
there was never a supermod showing so much before its release.you are talking about pictures when the truth is that a load of long videos (exept from the pics) are showing the ingame u-boot-hahd.
Hans decided to built it from scratch (and not to create an expansion to an existed supermod) and this decision meant a long time road,we all know it ,respected his decision and moved on. if you don't agree with that ,who has the problem?

why do Hans has to share anything ? does he own to anyone to share something that he feels isn't completed yet just for some 'crying' members to be satisfied ? let me tell you something: the only thing that is true is that you can not demand anything at all,you can only wait and if Hans decide to drop it ,it is absolutely his theme and not yours. it is his work and he can do whatever he wants with it.

you draw conclusions based on ...pictures to things that will never be? is this correct ?
all the following are videos (not pics) from ingame real time running and allow us NOT to have shown ...EVERYTHING (or this is not allowed too and we have to reveal everything? ):

ps: stop hiding behind your finger and next time post with your true identity . it is getting so childish the whole thing when we all know that i am 'talking' to someone else. it is not big deal to post with your nickname (if it is not kealhulled) , we are very few left around and have in mind that sh3 has nothing to lose from u-boot-hahd,on the contrary there is the possibility to gain things so what is the so big negativity for?

Great post, we'll said !!!!
Johnfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-14, 07:46 PM   #3510
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfb View Post
Great post, we'll said !!!!
+1. Thanks Makman.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote