SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-08, 02:24 PM   #1
u-168
Planesman

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0
Default u-boat

hi i just getting u-boat add on what subs can i expect can conning towers be changed and dech guns be changed what is it like is their eny known bugs or enything if some one could reply thank you very much

..- | | | | | .- .-. -.-. - .. -.-. | .-- --- .-.. ..-. | --- -. | - .... . | .--. .-. --- .-- .-..

http://www.scoutnet.nl/~inter/morse/morseform.html

Commander Of The Vladimir Lenin Akula-Typhoon Class Ballistic Missile Submarine
Old 04-07-08, 02:31 PM   #2
wetwarev7
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

I'm pretty sure this page will help answer your questions

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232
Old 04-07-08, 07:01 PM   #3
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

My U-Boat came with cockroaches.
Old 04-07-08, 09:13 PM   #4
Factor
Weps

Downloads: 180

mine came with a patio set. goes well with the wood on the bridge. the watch is getting alot of use out of it as well.

Last edited by Factor; 04-07-08 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-07-08, 11:06 PM   #5
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Mine came with proper grammar and punctuation and a Search function.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
Old 04-08-08, 12:27 AM   #6
Factor
Weps

Downloads: 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
thats rare.
Old 04-08-08, 05:47 AM   #7
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: But enough fun at the OP's expense.

U-Boat, you've been submerged too long. The very first stickied thread. Read it. Learn. And keep in mind that a high percentage of bug reports are just people who do not understand U-Boats, history, submarines in general, who think that something that they do not know about or do not agree with must be a bug. Instead of educating themselves they indignantly post their great lack of understanding. Then they demand that we fix it!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

An example would be expecting upgrades during an Indian Ocean campaign. Where would the upgrades come from, the great U-Boat factory in Penang? Conning towers come from the Great Conning Tower Factory in Tokyo. Really, you don't think there was one? Neither do I. In a proper rendering of the campaign there would be no upgrades possible without returning to Germany, which would end your Operation Monsun career. The Indian Ocean was not a plum assignment for U-Boat captains. Mostly it was a one-way trip to the bottom of the ocean, far from home and with no hope of support.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 04-08-08 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-08-08, 06:12 AM   #8
stabiz
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 14

Quote:
{Naughtyness}

Last edited by Kapitan_Phillips; 04-10-08 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-09-08, 04:57 PM   #9
u-168
Planesman

Downloads: 89
Default u-boat

i thought the germans and the japs where allies and their was a report that when a german sub pulled in to a jap port the germans where amazed at the size and power of the jap subs.So i thought as a gift to their allies that the japs would make a port to repair and upgrade the german subs.Since their where allies the japs might have had better deck guns and aa guns and stuff.:hmm:

..- | | | | | .- .-. -.-. - .. -.-. | .-- --- .-.. ..-. | --- -. | - .... . | .--. .-. --- .-- .-..

http://www.scoutnet.nl/~inter/morse/morseform.html

Commander Of The Vladimir Lenin Akula-Typhoon Class Ballistic Missile Submarine
Old 04-10-08, 05:50 AM   #10
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabiz
Quote:
Twat.
Easy, both of you.
Old 04-10-08, 05:59 AM   #11
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by u-168
i thought the germans and the japs where allies and their was a report that when a german sub pulled in to a jap port the germans where amazed at the size and power of the jap subs.So i thought as a gift to their allies that the japs would make a port to repair and upgrade the german subs.Since their where allies the japs might have had better deck guns and aa guns and stuff.:hmm:
They were allies but there was only so much support the hard-pressed Japanese could lend. I don't think a German captain would have turned in his deck or AA gun that his crew was fully trained on for an unknown Japanese type. Plus, you're assuming there are that many spares lying about in Penang. I think the only areas that Japan technologically was ahead of Germany was in naval aviation, carrier equipment and tactics and their superb torpedoes....which wouldn't have fit in a German subs tubes.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 04-10-08, 06:09 AM   #12
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by u-168

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
Old 04-10-08, 07:02 AM   #13
Friedmann
Bosun

Downloads: 4

I'm going to have to agree with Stabiz on this one.
Old 04-10-08, 07:31 AM   #14
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedmann
I'm going to have to agree with Stabiz on this one.
Perhaps you would care to elaborate.

When is proper grammar and punctuation not appropriate? Is the English language so futile that we need not follow any rules of spelling, captitalization, grammar, word syntax or sense? Are we entirely free to parade our complete lack of any desire to accumulate truth as some kind of trophy of life achievement?

The second (usually first) stickied thread in the SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On forum is SH4 uboat bugs thread. (Read past the first post before posting replies). Would there be anything wrong with actually reading it to determine if there were any bugs? The title leads me to believe that even searching would not be needed there. Yet, the OP neglects even to perform that elementary task.

What I said in my first post in this thread was much more to the point and possibly offensive (because it was true. Truth always divides: is always offensive to those who believe they can live without it.) Yet you believe with stabiz that Luke's simple statement, cased in humor, makes him a {Naughty} (acronym for Totally With it And Terrific. You probably thought it was an insult).

Finally stabiz' post is nothing but a one word insult. In my world, the post would be deleted in 30 seconds or less and stabiz locked out of the thread. Agreeing with an insulting characterization puts you in the same category. Such things cannot be tolerated in a forum that is trying to nurture civility and free exchange of ideas between responsible people. Insults and piling on to them stifle the lifeblood of a useful and friendly forum.

There is nothing wrong with asking a question following an honest attempt at understanding the situation behind it. However, the OP failed to exercise any means of information that might cause a more focused and informative question. He ignored a clearly titled and stickied bugs thread. He showed complete lack of regard for essential communication skills. Finally, he postulates indefensible historical "facts" and makes no attempt to support them, placing history in the category of "if I wish it, it will be true." All these characteristics could reasonably elicit Luke's humorous response, or my more detailed and humorless one.

Read threads and my responses to them. I'm not prejudiced against the idea of the OP as a "what if" scenario. See this, where I suggest just such a fantasy (but on steroids!) as a mission, or maybe even an add-on. I don't insult people who show due diligence and have questions, no matter how simple the question. Your turn.

Last edited by Kapitan_Phillips; 04-10-08 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-10-08, 07:46 AM   #15
Friedmann
Bosun

Downloads: 4

You and your wall of text seem to be under the mistaken impression that your opinion is important to me.

There is no need to belittle people in this community, mock their level of knowledge or their literacy.

While some in this thread were helpful and kind, others used it as an opportunity for snark.
Closed Thread