SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-23-17, 02:07 PM   #3931
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bera View Post
Sorry guys, but where can I find a list of FOTRS features? How is it compared to TMO?

Kind regards
It's basically the same thing as combining the ReadMe from v1.3 and v2.0 of the original Fall of the Rising Sun from AOTD_MadMax's team, with all sorts of cleaning up from CapnScurvy (much much better optics all-around for the player, at all stations). There's max-pecks merchant skins. You could call it "even prettier than FotRS v2.0", and between all the other stuff being done, getting more stable, which for me, is huge. Plus, you get cdrsubron7's Quick Missions ~and~ Quick Patrols. And he's released some Sugar Boat missions. Plus lots of other features from other folks... What more could you ask for? Order now, and we'll throw in a free set of Ginsu Knifes, guaranteed to last a lifetime - whoops! they broke, so their life ended... sorry.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 02-24-17 at 12:52 PM. Reason: I needs me tu go bak two skrulll fer sprellin'...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-17, 03:35 PM   #3932
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi Guys
Trying to run MultiSH4 from FOTRSU but am getting an error message 'Unknown version of FileManager.dll'
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-17, 03:41 PM   #3933
propbeanie

Couple things, and my brain is messin' with me right now, but see if you've got the "latest" version of MultiSH. I can't remember off the top of my head... v1.5?? I thought RR had put the newer version in there though... Another thing, if you enable the LAA prior to using MultiSH4, it doesn't recognize SH4.exe as a valid version either...

Old 02-24-17, 05:16 PM   #3934
THEBERBSTER

Hi pb
Version 1.0 in FOTRSU
Version 1.5 in SH4CMS
Peter
Old 02-24-17, 07:27 PM   #3935
propbeanie

The v1.5 should work better... maybe. Just turn off the LAA temporarily.

Old 02-25-17, 03:23 AM   #3936
Cukier
Watch

Downloads: 929

Thanx! It's excelent mod but how can i remove us flag from the boat?
And one more, I prepared small mod because the boat is like in tiger tank in gun combat:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ivofp...r+tank+mod.rar
Cukier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 06:42 AM   #3937
THEBERBSTER

Hi pb
All working fine with 1.5
Peter
Old 02-25-17, 08:18 AM   #3938
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bera View Post
Sorry guys, but where can I find a list of FOTRS features? How is it compared to TMO?

Kind regards
This is a short list and by no means complete:
  • Enemy AI in FOTRSU is more difficult than TMO.
  • We have more than doubled the number of different ships on the ocean, both merchant and warship
  • We have Red Cross hospital ships in a new separate "national" fleet
  • We have destroyers with side throwers just waiting to make your day
  • Capn Scurvy has thoroughly spiffed up the optics so fields of view and image scaling is corresponding to reality. When the sub dives the control room view tilts to reflect the down angle
  • We have changed the TMO keyboard layout to the only one I like better than TMO's. You want to display the clock? Try pressing "c," like that makes any sense at all!
  • Graphics are reworked incredibly better than TMO. Better smoke. Better environment, better sound (except for random crew conversations in the background, which I like, but which are irritating to many.
  • A different campaign structure than TMO. FOTRSU's is still a work in progress, although it is very fun and playable now. You can forget your TMO attitude of never dying though. The AOTD crew balanced the AI for multi-player, so it is much more deadly than TMO on the whole. Playing dead is dead probably isn't appropriate here.
  • There's much more but I can't think of it right now. Old age has its privileges you know.....how about an Aleutians campaign for S-boats? That's a good one, in process right now.
  • Overall, FOTRSU is more than double the size of TMO.
  • Once the core mod, meant to be a tribute to AOTD_MadMax and the Aces of the Deep Crew, is finished, we will be publishing a collection of FOTRSU Certified Plugin Mods, which will be used in a system that ensures that players have no mod conflicts and that all will work perfectly with FOTRSU. Each mod will have a single purpose--no shotgun mods allowed. The goal is to put the player in charge of his supermod for the very first time in SH4 history.
The FOTRSU Certified Plugin Mods alone will be a reason that we think it will be reasonable to think of FOTRSU as the default mod of SH4. TMO has reigned for several years. It's time to change the paradigm.

Forward! Into the fog!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-17, 03:41 PM   #3939
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

This will actually be the new future for SH4, but a good campaign is needed where you can shoot a maximum of 20,000tons per patrol.

The beauty of SH4 should be that we respect the veterans.
This is by no means easy; after all, they have and must share their bed with many, apart from the dangers and death.

I miss this at SH3 total, Uboot-drive is not a game and by no means funny; It is hard and full of deprivation.

I apologize for this feeling.

"Warschau" Ralle

PS.:
I should perhaps change this post ...
Have a great box "German beer" within the last 3 hours consumed ... totally crazy.
Ahhmmm where is actually the screen ... what does the guy with my keyboard on my head ... this is not a hat, leave that ... otherwise I throw with pudding.

Last edited by Bleiente; 02-25-17 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-25-17, 04:47 PM   #3940
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
This will actually be the new future for SH4, but a good campaign is needed where you can shoot a maximum of 20,000tons per patrol.

The beauty of SH4 should be that we respect the veterans.
This is by no means easy; after all, they have and must share their bed with many, apart from the dangers and death.

I miss this at SH3 total, Uboot-drive is not a game and by no means funny; It is hard and full of deprivation.

I apologize for this feeling.

"Warschau" Ralle

PS.:
I should perhaps change this post ...
Have a great box "German beer" within the last 3 hours consumed ... totally crazy.
Ahhmmm where is actually the screen ... what does the guy with my keyboard on my head ... this is not a hat, leave that ... otherwise I throw with pudding.

Sounds like you had a good time, Bleiente.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-17, 09:45 AM   #3941
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

First mission from Aleutian to south tip of Formosa in a s18 still 185 nm to go and less than 25 pc fuel...

Does it even make sense to be sent there ?

K

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-17, 11:12 AM   #3942
propbeanie

Did you do the Alaskan Campaign? If so, it does not function correctly in the v0.53 version. You'll have to wait for v0.54, and even then, I've not gotten all the way through it to see if it works all the way. You should be assigned maybe a Paramushir Island mission at the furthest, and usually an Attu or Kiska or Umnak area one, if it worked...

The only way to go from Dutch Harbor to Formosa is to stop at Midway on the way, stay on the surface all the way from there, doing the most fuel efficient speed (9 knots?? - I can't remember right now), and if you run into any bad weather, forget about it, and turn around. Stay on the surface for as long as you can, fulfill your mission requirements and turn around for Midway, again at the most efficient speed. If you have to submerge any, try not to let the batteries re-charge... scary. I made it the one time, sank a fast merchant once there, turned around and sank an armed merchant on the way back, and ran out of fuel as I was coming in to Midway. The boat's speed was down to 3 knots when the "Do you want to refuel at Midway" (or whatever it says) came up... When I got back in to Dutch Harbor, it sent me right back to where I had come from. Not cool. So, it's broke for now.

Old 02-26-17, 11:53 AM   #3943
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

[QUOTE=propbeanie;2468857]Did you do the Alaskan Campaign?
yep ! fav campaign and sub : rust bucket !

If so, it does not function correctly in the v0.53 version. You'll have to wait for v0.54, and even then, I've not gotten all the way through it to see if it works all the way. You should be assigned maybe a Paramushir Island mission at the furthest, and usually an Attu or Kiska or Umnak area one, if it worked...

The only way to go from Dutch Harbor to Formosa is to stop at Midway on the way,
oops
stay on the surface all the way from there, doing the most fuel efficient speed (9 knots?? - I can't remember right now), and if you run into any bad weather, forget about it, and turn around.
trying to get to manilla now, recharge on surface, drive till 1/2 battery underwater, do it again..

Stay on the surface for as long as you can, fulfill your mission requirements and turn around for Midway, again at the most efficient speed. If you have to submerge any, try not to let the batteries re-charge... scary.

I made it the one time, sank a fast merchant once there, turned around and sank an armed merchant on the way back, and ran out of fuel as I was coming in to Midway.

The boat's speed was down to 3 knots when the "Do you want to refuel at Midway" (or whatever it says) came up... When I got back in to Dutch Harbor, it sent me right back to where I had come from. Not cool. So, it's broke for now.

that's what I like ! feel like a Kaichu

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-17, 12:34 PM   #3944
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Sending Keltos01 a link to v0.54!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-17, 06:38 AM   #3945
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Sending Keltos01 a link to v0.54!
Hey RR why aren't the rest of us getting a link to the latest version, we're supposed to be beta testers you know, or is that not the case anymore.