SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-25-16, 11:25 AM   #1561
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Okay, just for pure curiosity let's take five Japanese battleships and five American battleships and put them in line ahead with columns 10 miles apart. I'll bet this will get interesting......

Click on the screenie for video! ...

Pretty cool RR... Now, I'm on the dual-core, and it can't keep up with the vid, but sometimes, it almost seems like yours can't render it fast enough either. Lots of action there, eh? I've got some "footage" of a similar battle during the daylight from one of AOTD_MadMax's test missions, that if I can ever get around to doing it, I'll put that up too.

I'm busy with a few things right now, but should have v1.7 added to those spreadsheets in just a little while. I did find a copy of it and the patch, on an old hard drive on a shelf (it's a whopping 10G in size!). Good thing I used to catalog things a few years ago, and I was able to find it. If it had been something done in the last couple of years, it'd be lost in the mess that is my "back-up" system of late...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 12:47 PM   #1562
propbeanie

OK, up there now are three "new" files, "FileNameCfgStudyTMO1725.xls", for the Contacts, Sensors & Sim Cfg files. Again, you can right-click on them, choose "Open with..." and then "Google Sheets". Of course, you do have to be logged in to Google Drive to do that. The "TMO1725" part of the file names stands for Trigger Maru Overhauled v1.7 and v2.5 in separate columns. There's a few surprises for me in there, in that FotRS is tougher on the player in some spots, TMO2.5 in others, and then TMOv1.7 in others. They were looking for that "sweet spot" that CapnScurvy is gonna put us in... - no pressure Capn...

Old 08-25-16, 12:56 PM   #1563
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Quote:
I have Trigger Maru 1.7 & Trigger Maru 1.7.2 if you want it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Yes, I would *love* to get v1.7 & the 1.7.2 update. I have a DropBox and a MediaFire account I could give you a share to, if you want to PM me. If you happen to have access to the group's Google Drive, put it up there. I would be eternally grateful... - I don't know if you can upload here, but I couldn't find it on SubSim.
Here they are:
---------------------------
REL_Trigger_Maru_1-7.7z
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5033
For SH4 version 1.4, Trigger Maru 1.7 by Ducimus
-
REL_Trigger_Maru_1.7.2.7z
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5034
For SH4 version 1.4, Trigger Maru 1.7.2 by Ducimus
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 01:15 PM   #1564
propbeanie

Excellent sir, thank you. Now they're here also for safekeeping. I appreciate this.

Old 08-25-16, 03:18 PM   #1565
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
Quote:

Here they are:
REL_Trigger_Maru_1-7.7z
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5033
For SH4 version 1.4, Trigger Maru 1.7 by Ducimus
-
REL_Trigger_Maru_1.7.2.7z
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5034
For SH4 version 1.4, Trigger Maru 1.7.2 by Ducimus
Super! Thanks Aanker. We as a community should have been much more careful to keep TMO versions.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 04:24 PM   #1566
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Pretty cool RR... Now, I'm on the dual-core, and it can't keep up with the vid, but sometimes, it almost seems like yours can't render it fast enough either. Lots of action there, eh? I've got some "footage" of a similar battle during the daylight from one of AOTD_MadMax's test missions, that if I can ever get around to doing it, I'll put that up too.
Yes my CPU was taking major hits there. I hadn't run Game Booster and I have a 3 core AMD chip. It was freaking out with all that action to keep up with. Actually the actual battle froze after five minutes so I truncated the video. I left some of the CPU freakout at the end because it looked really cool.

I will try to reshoot the sequence with the decks properly cleared to see if I can get a better video and do the video with the headset. That's a replay from the game where the game is saved with the record replay box checked. I don't know whether I've ever seen a video made from a game replay or not. How would you tell?
Old 08-25-16, 07:40 PM   #1567
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Yes my CPU was taking major hits there. I hadn't run Game Booster and I have a 3 core AMD chip. It was freaking out with all that action to keep up with. Actually the actual battle froze after five minutes so I truncated the video. I left some of the CPU freakout at the end because it looked really cool.

I will try to reshoot the sequence with the decks properly cleared to see if I can get a better video and do the video with the headset. That's a replay from the game where the game is saved with the record replay box checked. I don't know whether I've ever seen a video made from a game replay or not. How would you tell?
If you don't crop the video itself, you'll see the play bar at the bottom of the screen, instead of the command bar from in-game.

The playback of the game save I have is choppy also, but it lends an almost "authentic" look to the camera work, like the explosions are upsetting your camera platform. The one right at the end of your video, with all the explosions and then the camera freezes, you ought to leave a few seconds of that in there (the freeze, that is), because it's like the camera couldn't take the shock wave impact from the explosions, and the light streak from the video card not rendering completely does similar. "'Artsie' even, like, wow man"... (beatnik voice there, but more modern than Maynard G Krebs). On mine, there's a couple of spots where I'm zooming about with the free camera, trying to catch this that or the other, and I caught some shells whistling by. Very very cool... I think that's how I'll spend tomorrow morning while drinking my cuppajo, and do me some video editing...

Old 08-25-16, 09:09 PM   #1568
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

The 300FOTRSU_Anti_Hunter Killer mod has been uploaded to the SAR folder in Area 51 a few minutes ago.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 09:24 PM   #1569
propbeanie

... and I got my box of crayons out, and did me some colorin' on the spreadsheets on the Google Drive.

Has anyone noticed the changes they've (Google) done there? You don't have to be logged-in anymore to view the spreadsheets. Just click on 'em, and you'll get a preview view. If you log-in, you have to do the right-click, open as, Google Sheets trick...

Old 08-26-16, 07:17 AM   #1570
dom111
Seaman

Downloads: 195
Uploads: 0

I'm following with great interest this new mod, and just want to thank you in advance for your work and the many hours I'll enjoy it for sure.

Best regards.
dom111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 08:20 AM   #1571
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom111 View Post
I'm following with great interest this new mod, and just want to thank you in advance for your work and the many hours I'll enjoy it for sure.

Best regards.
Thanks, dom111. Appreciate the kind words.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 08:54 AM   #1572
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:

The playback of the game save I have is choppy also, but it lends an almost "authentic" look to the camera work, like the explosions are upsetting your camera platform. The one right at the end of your video, with all the explosions and then the camera freezes, you ought to leave a few seconds of that in there (the freeze, that is), because it's like the camera couldn't take the shock wave impact from the explosions, and the light streak from the video card not rendering completely does similar. "'Artsie' even, like, wow man"... (beatnik voice there, but more modern than Maynard G Krebs).
Interestingly viewing the playback itself was smooth except for skipping a frame or so every couple of minutes. It was the recording software that broke down and cried. But, like you say, the effects were such as you probably wouldn't do yourself without hours of playing around and they were cool, man! Really cool! Maynard G Krebs signing off.
Old 08-26-16, 08:56 AM   #1573
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:

Best regards.
Thank you dom111! The publishing record for new mods, much less supermods, is really dismal. But this is one mod that will see the light of day and we just hope you have as much fun with the finished product as we're having with the early versions.
Old 08-26-16, 01:34 PM   #1574
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:

Best regards.
Cheers Dom111

Believe me - we are looking forward to it just as much as you are

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 06:02 PM   #1575
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1108
Uploads: 10

Default All

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Thanks, Capn. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. I have everything working correctly for the ship and the naming. When I see the ship through the periscope the Japanese name show up perfectly. The only problem is it still flying a American flag. See the image below.
And as you can see the ship.cfg is in the Roster/Japan/Sea folder.
If I can get the flag thingy figured out, I willing to try and clone all the merchants for the Japanese so we can leave the other ships alone.
May I present to you:

The US Sub Tender:

The IJN Sub Tender: with Japanese crew, different gun casings and IJN flag.

It has taken me nearly a week to work out the EQP files and record both the American & Japanese node links... So I "Should now be able to copy more vessels carrying guns, crews, flags..."

I have noticed that Maddy loves his guns, all multiple rostered ships as per your spreadsheet, are all fully loaded with them.

So by the looks of it, I have my work cut out with not only copying each ship folder and updating the roster and ship configs, but i also have to alter each EQP file to represent the correct rostered guns & crew...

Now the big question:

1. Do You want the IJN merchants to be armed as well as the non IJN varients (copies) to be armed?
  2. Just the IJN Merchants?
  3. Just the non IJN Merchants (copies)?
  4. Or no arms at all - just means I delete the EQP from each folder?
***Deleteing the EQP file also removes aminated crew & Searchlights***

Regards,
s7rikeback.