SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-03-16, 06:09 PM   #2296
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Okay, this is a top secret message for your eyes only. You are bound by top secret protocol and may be punished up to and including loss of freedom and possibly death if you divulge the contents of this message to unauthorized personnel.

Classified content follows. Under no circumstances allow this to be seen by anyone but yourself. If asked, do not divulge that this message and its content exist. Anything after this point is considered of the highest security level.

It has recently been discovered by the Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition task force that it was necessary to keep a work area which could be divided by function so that all correspondence related to a given aspect could be correlated without the necessity of information relating to other sectors interfering with the task.

Therefore Jeff-Groves created The Black Hole, a singularity so dense that light itself cannot escape. However, he discovered a wormhole through which members of the FOTRS Ultimate team could enter and leave The Black Hole.

Having proved the safety of the wormhole, having accumulated beta testers who deserve access and proving that access killed very few of them, we now take the step of opening the wormhole for all interested Subsim members.

Again, let me state that extreme penalties, including death and losing television privileges, are going to be assessed for those who violate the security protocol associated with this super-secret Black Hole.

The link is http://forsu.freeforums.net/

Enter at your own risk. Although very few have been killed entering and leaving this Black Hole, that eventuality is a non-zero probability. Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Team, its affiliates and subordinates will not be responsible for your safety. Consider it like sky diving. If the worst happens it most likely will hurt for a very short time.

If you're a beta tester, by all means create an account. All others can view and even post as a guest if they so choose. If you live, welcome aboard!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-16, 01:52 PM   #2297
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

100 FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.26_Beta_EN
Kiska Unbound, single mission.
3hours manouvering into position for an attack, when I was close enough to identify them and check with the recognition manual it crashed to desktop, so ends my first and last ever manual targeting mission.
That Recognition Manual is bloody Fubar'd, from now on my next missions are going to be auto target only and the rec manual can go and get stuffed.

Mad as hell Moonlight has packed in for tonight, I will try auto targeting
tomorrow.
Old 10-04-16, 04:39 PM   #2298
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
3hours manouvering into position for an attack, when I was close enough to identify them and check with the recognition manual it crashed to desktop, so ends my first and last ever manual targeting mission.
That Recognition Manual is bloody Fubar'd, from now on my next missions are going to be auto target only and the rec manual can go and get stuffed.

Mad as hell Moonlight has packed in for tonight, I will try auto targeting
tomorrow.
That is one of the new single missions I've made for FOTRSU. There have been many changes made to FOTRSU which is why it is still called Beta. I've had the feeling that the missions would have to be redone with all the changes and especially when alot of the garbage which is currently in FOTRSU is being done away with.

Thanks for the head's up.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-16, 05:39 PM   #2299
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Yeah, the rec man is most likely OK, it's one of the called-for ship names and / or Type that's off. We're going to have to do a bit of Name and Type swapping throughout...

You can create your own missions just fine, and they'll run great. It's all the MIS files from before that are calling for now non-existent ships that have to be changed.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 08:28 AM   #2300
Moonlight
Admiral

Success, 3 merchants and a destroyer sent to Davy Jones locker, auto targeting used and kept well away from the rec manual, my career start will begin tonight.
Old 10-05-16, 08:43 AM   #2301
propbeanie

You will likely run into similar issues when you do that Moonlight. If you come upon a Group in-game that's supposed to have a certain ship, and it's not valid, you'll still see the other ships just fine, but as soon as a torpedo you shoot gets close enough to "explode", you'll CTD because of the Names and/or Type issue(s) we have. If you will though, be sure and see RR's post above

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2296

and report findings at

http://forsu.freeforums.net/board/14/reports

I'm pretty sure you have to register to start a thread, but not 100% certain of that. Posting here would be fine also, and we can copy stuff over to the forsu location just fine...

I hope to have something usable Campaign file-wise over there in a while...

Edit: You do NOT have to register to start a thread, just prove that you're human with a Captcha. I did copy your two posts over there Moonlight...

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-05-16 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Moonlight posting
Old 10-05-16, 11:05 AM   #2302
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Now, our campaigns guru is cdrsubron7. Our recognition manual guru is CapnScurvy. Both of these guys are victims of whatever we do with the ships in the game. As a result, those two areas will be polished when we're absolutely sure we have all the ships we want, AND that all the ships are working correctly.

As it stands right now our ship data is full of bad files and junk files because of the hurry the original devs of FOTRS seem to have been in. They imported some ships from SH3 that weren't converted properly. Sometimes they had a file spelled wrong, Changed the spelling and kept both files in the directory. Sometimes they imported GWX ships and didn't convert them correctly.

At any rate, right now Jeff-Groves and crew are poring through 120 odd ships and vetting every one of them to ensure they operate and look correctly.

Once they give us the okay, then cdrsubron7, propbeanie, CapnScurvy and I will get the gallery, recognition manual and missions working again.

Keep in mind, and I'm taking full credit/blame on this one, our vision is a recognition manual that gives you an incomplete inventory of ships on the ocean. In the real war, over 50% of targets either were not able to be identified or were identified incorrectly. A big reason was that there were many ships out there which were not represented in the manual. Also, the Japanese had an extensive campaign to disguise ships by altering masthead heights, modifying cabin profiles, number of cranes, etc. They went so far as to build half-scale versions of ships known to be in the Allied database before the war, resulting in range calculations being half or double the actual range.

A big dose of uncertainty. THAT's what Silent Hunter 4 needs.

In the meantime, the long range plan is to have plugins for different levels of recognition manuals. We'll have the current version (but working) which will contain all the ships on the ocean, but also have errors all over the place. We'll have a second version which will leave out some ships so that you will encounter unidentifiable ships. And then we will have an OTC type recognition manual which will have every ship on the ocean and every measurement of every ship will be perfect.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 12:02 PM   #2303
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

@Moonlight

Could you please list your computer specs for me?

Old 10-05-16, 02:22 PM   #2304
Moonlight
Admiral

A bit over the top me thinks but this is the last one I'm ever going to have built.
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Kingston 8.00 GB
2x 480GB Crucial_CT480M500SSD1 ATA Device
Realtek High Definition Audio
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
EVGA 1000 W GQ Series ATX Modular Power Supply with Active PFC

ML
Old 10-05-16, 03:28 PM   #2305
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
A bit over the top me thinks but this is the last one I'm ever going to have built.
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Kingston 8.00 GB
2x 480GB Crucial_CT480M500SSD1 ATA Device
Realtek High Definition Audio
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
EVGA 1000 W GQ Series ATX Modular Power Supply with Active PFC

ML
Agreed, your computer specs should present no problems when running SH4.

One other question i always ask. Where do you have SH4 installed?

Old 10-05-16, 04:14 PM   #2306
Moonlight
Admiral

D: drive Program Files (x86), all games and programs are installed on D:, only Windows Updates are allowed on the C: drive.

I'm also using the CFF Explorer to make SH4 large address aware, I think I've got everything covered but if not I'm sure someone will chime in with a few extra tips.
Old 10-05-16, 05:55 PM   #2307
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
D: drive Program Files (x86), all games and programs are installed on D:, only Windows Updates are allowed on the C: drive.

I'm also using the CFF Explorer to make SH4 large address aware, I think I've got everything covered but if not I'm sure someone will chime in with a few extra tips.
Yes it does seem like you've got all the angles covered. As I mentioned earlier we'll still in the Beta stage with this mod and some bugs are libel to crop up. We're working on them so please inform us of any error or crashes that might occur. Details are important like date and time and where you are on the Nav map.....ect.

Old 10-05-16, 07:05 PM   #2308
propbeanie

Attention all CTDs (that's Crash Test Dummies, including me... :wink. Go to the Google Drive, WIP folder and try downloading CampRedo.7z which should be JSGME compatible to replace the Campaign layer in the Data/Campaigns/Campaign folder only, no the sub-folders there. I am NOT certain as to its effectiveness. All it does is replace some of the Calls for Ship Type=11 (Battleship) to Type=19 if it's necessary due to Name= being one that launches planes. It also does the same with CA & CL Type=7 and Type=6, Cruisers that can launch airplanes. They have been changed to Type=18. There is a very strong possibility that some were missed and / or that some were changed that shouldn't have been. Remains to be seen if anyone CTDs... -Crashes To Desktop that is...

In the middle of doing the Single Missions that are in the beta .26 install. These will just be Temporary Temporary "fixes" (if they even "fix" anything)... Hopefully not a Temporary Permanent, and definitely hopefully NOT a Permanent Temporary... those are the worst... at least, where I used to work they were...

Old 10-05-16, 07:47 PM   #2309
Berserker
Aggressive skipper

Downloads: 2166
Default Sofu Gan

Has anyone heard "Charlotte Church" sing Sofu Gan??? Its on you tube Check it out.. This would make a beautiful opening for the FORTES sim...
Old 10-05-16, 08:11 PM   #2310
propbeanie

Oooohhh... If only she'd let us use it...

... and may-haps you're referring to Suo Gân?