Dissapointing in some aspects. Will hope it gets better with mods. 26 29.21%
Bad. Shouldn't have bought it/will be collecting dust in my shelf 15 16.85%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-10, 11:40 AM   #91
Gunnodayak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

OK, it seems that there are many of you who don't believe that I have the game. Before giving you the proof, do you have the guts to say that you will apologize to me and to all that you've insulted in this crazy SH5 frenzy after that?
And by the way, the vote is not secret anymore.
Old 03-02-10, 11:45 AM   #92
frenema
Torpedoman

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Méo View Post
Oh please, you have only been accusing people who voted unfavorably:
Quote:
Funny, none of the 6 people who voted ''Bad. Shouldn't have bought it/will be collecting dust in my shelf'' had explained why he shouldn't have bought it?

Unless they are all lurkers, but I would be surprised...
And this is how you initially responded to the original suggestion that it may go both both ways: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...99&postcount=8

To even think that some people might be trying to skew the results only in a bad way requires blissful ignorance. How would you know if you don't even know who voted what?
frenema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 11:46 AM   #93
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

Quote:
You used the word everyone and used the words few people.

Seems like you missed my point.

----

Edit: there was absolutely no offence intended in this post.
No offense taken. Yes, I did use the word everyone intentionally as I was stating what I've seen, based on my perception in what I've read in your posts (which can be totally wrong), that you were implying those that have "whined" and complained about DRM and other issues they think are there would do this. I took the "few" to mean that those people who are against buying SHV for what ever reason are in the minority compared to those that think positively of SHV and have/will buy it. So if that was not your intent/meaning than yes, I did miss some/one of your points.
Old 03-02-10, 11:50 AM   #94
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnodayak View Post
OK, it seems that there are many of you who don't believe that I have the game. Before giving you the proof, do you have the guts to say that you will apologize to me and to all that you've insulted in this crazy SH5 frenzy after that?
And by the way, the vote is not secret anymore.
I hope you aren't putting me in that category. I take people at their word until proven otherwise. I only suggested you "prove it" it order to show others that automatically won't/don't believe you or anyone else that voted negatively actually have it. Maybe we should also ask that those that have voted "Amazing! Best UBoat simulation I have ever played." also post a picture proving that they have it? (this is an attempt at humor!)
Old 03-02-10, 11:51 AM   #95
Méo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenema View Post
Oh please, you have only been accusing people who voted unfavorably:

And this is how you initially responded to the original suggestion that it may go both both ways: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...99&postcount=8

To even think that some people might be trying to skew the results only in a bad way requires blissful ignorance. How would you know if you don't even know who voted what?
I've raised doubts about the validity of this poll and I expressed my opinion.

You seems to be particularly annoyed with this.

This is only your own interpretation.

----

@ 609 Avatar: no problem!
Méo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 12:10 PM   #96
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Gunnodayak, I have no reason to doubt that you have the game.

We are all just a bit surprised that you bought it given your previous posts.

Look on the bright side though, no one will now deny you the right to criticize the game to your heart's content.....
Old 03-02-10, 12:14 PM   #97
Gunnodayak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Avatar View Post
I hope you aren't putting me in that category. I take people at their word until proven otherwise. I only suggested you "prove it" it order to show others that automatically won't/don't believe you or anyone else that voted negatively actually have it. Maybe we should also ask that those that have voted "Amazing! Best UBoat simulation I have ever played." also post a picture proving that they have it? (this is an attempt at humor!)
No, I am not putting you in this category, really. And you know, I've never thought that we would arrive to such a point, to be ASKED TO PROVE that you've played the game, like we are in some court or something ... But there's no problem, I will embaress some of them if they really want that. I want to hear them first saying that they will apologize after that for all this "trial" mess. I must admit that I am already ashamed that I've bought the game, but I did that to give UBI credit till the last minute, till the 13th hour. The leader of this project assured me a couple of weeks ago that the game is great, I've took his word. I've hoped with all my heart that I will be wrong and I've said to him that I will be the first to congratulate him and the dev team. For those who don't know, his name is Alexandru Gris, I suppose elnaiba (the developer who is also a member of this forum) can confirm you who is responsible for this project. Unfortunately, I don't feel that there are reasons from my point of view to congratulate them, now, that I've seen the result of their work.
And indeed, you have humor, maybe we ALL should prove that we've played the game, no matter the way we feel after that ...
This kind of subjectivity is making me sick sometimes, the things are getting out of hands, it would have been better to have two forums: SH5 fans and SH5not so fans. I guess in that way this kind of tension wouldn't had taken place in such a regretful way.
We were being called "whiners", we are accused not to go with the flow, but why should we? We have the right to express our opinions, while not trying to insult the others (except being insulted first, that is always an opportunity for the domino principle ... eye for eye, tooth for tooth). There's some direction from the "above" that we should follow regarding what we should feel about this game? I sense something like that, but I refuse to follow that direction. SH5 is not a submarine simulator game, it's just a pathetic hybrid. And the money I've gave them for their product give me the right to say that loud and clear. I don't want to insult the ones that are not playing on "realistic" level (which is far from realistic notion implemented in the game anyway), but my expectations from a SUBSIM (the forum is called this way, right?) PC game are a little higher ... Otherwise I would play Crysis.

Last edited by Gunnodayak; 03-02-10 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-02-10, 12:20 PM   #98
GermanGS
Sailor man

Downloads: 32

Best feature in the game was when i was attacking a UNPROTECTED convoy off coast of England they radiod in and a task force with 6 Destroyers came out the neibhoring port to chace me down, and aircraft were swarming the place as well.

It was awsome.

i ended up sinking but at least it felt very realistic
Old 03-02-10, 12:35 PM   #99
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107

Sorry if it's a bit off topic, and I thought I would wait to purchase, but I dunno... I drop 50 bucks a week at the liquor store. But my system is several years old:

AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 3800+
2 Ghz
2 GB RAM (unfortunately that's a full bank of 500MB dimms, or i would have upgraded already)
NVidia GeForce 8600GTS, 256MB

So strictly from a performance standpoint, should I even bother considering a purchase of sh5?

EDIT: AVATAR pointed me to the right thread... sorry for the off topic.

Last edited by Flopper; 03-02-10 at 12:47 PM.
Flopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 12:39 PM   #100
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flopper View Post
Sorry if it's a bit off topic, and I thought I would wait to purchase, but I dunno... I drop 50 bucks a week at the liquor store. But my system is several years old:

AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core 3800+
2 Ghz
2 GB RAM (unfortunately that's a full bank of 500MB dimms, or i would have upgraded already)
NVidia GeForce 8600GTS, 256MB

So strictly from a performance standpoint, should I even bother considering a purchase of sh5?
Try this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162681
Old 03-02-10, 12:46 PM   #101
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107

Thanks 609_Avatar!
Flopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 12:57 PM   #102
cappy70
Ensign

Downloads: 5
Default wow

wow
Intel I7-4790K 4 Ghz
16 Gig Trident Claw DDR 3
2 x 760 GTX 2048 mem in SLI.
WD 1T Hd Ultra/WD Black 640
Corsair 850W PSU
cappy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 01:40 PM   #103
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flopper View Post
Thanks 609_Avatar!
No worries, hope you have enough "gas" to run it.
Old 03-02-10, 01:50 PM   #104
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanGS View Post
Best feature in the game was when i was attacking a UNPROTECTED convoy off coast of England they radiod in and a task force with 6 Destroyers came out the neibhoring port to chace me down, and aircraft were swarming the place as well.

It was awesome!!

I ended up sinking but at least it felt very realistic
This is the best news I've heard about this game yet! The lack of response to A.I's radio requests fo support always bugged me. Not to mention the constant spawning of aircraft flying precisely to your position. All this has been fixed. In my opinion SH5 with a patch 1 day before offical release is better than stock SH3 and 4 by a country mile!

Now, where are my icebergs?! Please let there be icebergs in the Campaign so we can play cat & mouse with a destroyer!!
Old 03-02-10, 01:52 PM   #105
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I can confirm that it does appear that there is now a much better strategic AI. I am not 100% sure, but it also looked to me like after spotting me, instead of panicking and breaking formation, then simply continuing the same course, convoys would change their general course, making it much trickier to find them again.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote