SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-03-09, 09:38 AM   #1
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
EDITEDITEDIT: Ok, I took the values from the radar sections of your .sim file to RFB's one and now everything looks and works fine there.
Only the weird speed dial texture issue remains. May this be connected to your mod ?
No idea yet, sorry. There is a PDF with instructions included about how to make it compatible with any mod. I know also that the RFB guys are evaluating if it will be included in their next release.
Old 06-03-09, 03:31 PM   #2
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
No idea yet, sorry. There is a PDF with instructions included about how to make it compatible with any mod. I know also that the RFB guys are evaluating if it will be included in their next release.
It's integrated and working quite nicely with RFB.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 07:22 AM   #3
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
It's integrated and working quite nicely with RFB.
This is great news. I discovered that not only the speed dial is messed up, many of the dials seem to use some low resolution textures. Must be in the .sim file. But it's allright, I will just wait for the RFB update to get released and replace it then.
ichso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 07:41 AM   #4
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
many of the dials seem to use some low resolution textures
That's the result of adding Nisgei's calibrated bearing dial. Since the base graphic he used is the stock game one, and not OakGroove's hi-res U-Boat interiors, this causes the game to go back to the stock lower res dials.
Old 06-04-09, 08:09 AM   #5
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Ah thanks. So this behaviour will be ported to RFB also ?

[ ... ]

Last edited by ichso; 06-04-09 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-04-09, 10:40 AM   #6
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
So this behaviour will be ported to RFB also ?
It will if the graphic used is the same, but you can enable the mod without it, and the game will use whatever other is installed (stock or Oak's one if his kit is added). In that case, though, the bearing might be off one or even two degrees sometimes.

P.S.

where did you add markers for smaller numbers? I don't notice the difference from your screenshot...
Old 06-04-09, 12:19 PM   #7
ichso
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
where did you add markers for smaller numbers? I don't notice the difference from your screenshot...
My mistake, I did read the docu pdf but not thoroughly enough, I guess. I had mistaken the down scale for a mark count, so I wondered why those numbers didn't fit with the number of marks. And then changed the smaller scale to make it fit.
But reading the docu again, I realized that the scales don't count the marks, they already give away the actual range (I always calculated by myself from the number of marks).

I feel so stupid now...
Old 06-07-09, 11:03 PM   #8
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichso View Post
Ah thanks. So this behaviour will be ported to RFB also ?
I don't have any plans to add the range display mod to RFB, as it just doesn't meet my standards for inclusion into the mod. I'm not saying that Nisgeis's work on this mod is poor (quite the opposite, actually), but the range display is just not something that's coded to work properly with American radar displays.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 02:35 PM   #9
Urge
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Just curious, why can't the range readout be configured for imperial measurements? Or is it possible but just not a reality?

Urge
Old 08-27-09, 08:15 PM   #10
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
I don't have any plans to add the range display mod to RFB, as it just doesn't meet my standards for inclusion into the mod. I'm not saying that Nisgeis's work on this mod is poor (quite the opposite, actually), but the range display is just not something that's coded to work properly with American radar displays.
You're going to add the mod to RFB without the digital range counter though, right? The fleet boat version of this mod already doesn't have the digi-counter anyway.

I really want an a-scope with finer markings. I've noticed that this one removes the stock (and historical) "logarithmallity" to the scale so it's strictly linear which is probably easier to make the fine markings for. I figure it is possible to make a logarithmic scale and finer markings at the same time but accuracy would be higher at shorter rangers than longer due to the scale squish.

Can anyone post a RFB compatible version or the instructions for editing the dats and sims for this mod so I can make such a version?
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote