SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-16-15, 01:44 PM   #406
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
I deleted the "Room_CR.GR2" file from the Submarine/Common/Rooms folder in the mod before I installed with JSGME.

Otherwise it will overwrite the "gap - Real Diveplane Gauges v. 1" mod that is included in TWOS. It just removes a couple of crates of food out of the control room.

Regards......
Merging the two mods and posting here a compatibility patch would be a coup of tea, if only I had access to a decent computer and a reliable web connection.
Anyway, as far as gameplay is concerned, no adverse consequences are to be expected by overwriting TWOS's Room_CR.GR2 with the one by silentmichael: IRC the one changes I made to that file are cosmetic ones (i.e. depth gauge needles shape and initial position).
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-15, 02:04 PM   #407
silentmichal
Frogman

Downloads: 241
Uploads: 0

I think there haven't been any improvements of command room since 1.2.4 version (take a look on the changelog). As far as I remember, In 1.2.4 version I just copied CR file from SteelViking's mod. But I might be wrong ofc . So, in my opinion you don't lose anything by deleting Room_CR.GR2 file from my mod.

Best regards,
Michael.
Old 03-16-15, 08:10 PM   #408
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

G'day gap and Michael,

A couple of questions I'm sure you may be able to help me with.
What program/s do I need to be able to view the crew animations and body parts/ uniforms with, and 3d sub compartments?

I recently made a small mod that changes the crew uniforms to more warm weather and informal attire (shorts/ shirts etc) that I will upload when I get a chance. Slow going as I had to restart SH5 every time I wanted to view a change

Not sure if this has been tried but I want to try using scripts to populate the submarine rooms with the illusion of more crew.

The WO is scripted to go between the Bridge, Control Room and forward crew/radio room so I assume that other available crew slots are not restrained to specific areas.
I am hoping that crew from "out of eyesight" areas can be teleported to "within eyesight" areas as they come into the players view, given new heads and bodies and thus giving the illusion of a crowded boat.
I realise that timings, waypoints etc will have to be worked through and synchronized. Who knows.....if it works we may be able to put the Officers around Michaels dining room table at dinner, singing the Tipperary song!

Maybe some talented 3d artist (hint) can lower the bunks in the forward torpedo room, add curtains and a "lived in" mess and resting crew that is linked to the Battle stations command to clean it up and allow for torpedo loading when required!!

But.....This is going to have to wait because we have Tropical Cyclone Nathan bearing down on us here in Cairns at the moment so who knows......

Best Regards.....Kev*
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-15, 03:39 AM   #409
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
What program/s do I need to be able to view the crew animations and body parts/ uniforms with, and 3d sub compartments?
Granny Viewer.
Most of the info you'll need can be found in this thread.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166641

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 03-17-15 at 04:12 AM.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-15, 11:02 AM   #410
silentmichal
Frogman

Quote:
Not sure if this has been tried but I want to try using scripts to populate the submarine rooms with the illusion of more crew.

You might not know, but I've been experimenting with the crew, here's my old, perhaps unknown, mod:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=198394

It can be interesting for you .

Quote:
Who knows.....if it works we may be able to put the Officers around Michaels dining room table at dinner, singing the Tipperary song!
Everything is possible, but that takes huge anmount of time. Believe me.

Quote:
Maybe some talented 3d artist (hint) can lower the bunks in the forward torpedo room, add curtains and a "lived in" mess and resting crew that is linked to the Battle stations command to clean it up and allow for torpedo loading when required!!

That'd be no problem for me, but as I said, I have no time right now.
I don't know how about animations... I tried to add hanging curtains, but no success (I've described it few posts / pages previous)

Regards,
Michael.
Old 03-18-15, 02:39 AM   #411
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Hey thanks for the replies

Had a quick look through Michaels extra crew thread and looks like a heck of a lot of work has already been done in this direction. I'm looking forward to trying to possibly progress this idea as soon as I can get some free time.

Not sure about the 3d side of things though.....looks very complicated!

Regards.....Kev*
Old 03-29-15, 08:48 AM   #412
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Merging the two mods and posting here a compatibility patch would be a coup of tea, if only I had access to a decent computer and a reliable web connection.
Anyway, as far as gameplay is concerned, no adverse consequences are to be expected by overwriting TWOS's Room_CR.GR2 with the one by silentmichael: IRC the one changes I made to that file are cosmetic ones (i.e. depth gauge needles shape and initial position).
Does anyone have the link for "gap - Real Diveplane Gauges v. 1"?
I would like to make a compatibility mod as gap has suggested for "silentmichal's new interior mod" that includes the hotfix plus gaps diveplane gauges.

The Room_CR.GR2 file of the original mod overwrites gaps diveplane gauges. I have been using the mod minus the Room_CR.GR2 file so that you keep the gauges but lose the extra rations stored in the control room

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
Old 03-30-15, 01:20 PM   #413
gap
Navy Seal

Icon2

Quote:
Does anyone have the link for "gap - Real Diveplane Gauges v. 1"?
I would like to make a compatibility mod as gap has suggested for "silentmichal's new interior mod" that includes the hotfix plus gaps diveplane gauges.

The Room_CR.GR2 file of the original mod overwrites gaps diveplane gauges. I have been using the mod minus the Room_CR.GR2 file so that you keep the gauges but lose the extra rations stored in the control room
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=859
Old 03-30-15, 02:40 PM   #414
MASS1L1A
Watch

Downloads: 292

Hi everyone, hi Michal, have you find for this ?

Otherwise thank you all for every fantastic mods here my game is immortal now ! it's my "Highlander Hunter" !
MASS1L1A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 02:47 PM   #415
ironcold
Seaman

Downloads: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASS1L1A View Post
Otherwise thank you all for every fantastic mods here my game is immortal now ! it's my "Highlander Hunter" !
How do you create this blue bulbs - wanna have this too!
ironcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 03:30 PM   #416
silentmichal
Frogman

Quote:
Woah, it looks so nice! Who did do that? Is it for downloading & playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcold View Post
How do you create this blue bulbs - wanna have this too!
Well, I think you can replace bulbs' textures .
Old 03-30-15, 06:07 PM   #417
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

G'day gap, Thanks very much for the link. Got just about everything I need now to attempt this compatibility mod.

Old 03-30-15, 06:53 PM   #418
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Quote:
Are the Observation Scope textures from Steel Viking's original interior mod or have you enhanced them with your changes? When vdr1981 corrected the periscope positions for "TWoS", the obs scope textures reverted back to the vanilla dull green instead of the polished bronze textures.
BTW.....Cool coloured lights!!

Old 03-31-15, 04:32 AM   #419
gap
Navy Seal

Icon7

Quote:
G'day gap, Thanks very much for the link. Got just about everything I need now to attempt this compatibility mod.
Hi Kev, all you need to do is exporting the meshes of diveplanes needles from my Command Room file and reimporting them into sibtemichael's version of the same file.
I don't remember wether silentmichael's interior mod also contains a copy of CR's sim file. If that was the case, you should spot the differences among New Interior Mod and TWoS, merging them in a new file for full compatibility with Vecko's megamod. As far as my little mod is concerned, the only changes I made to that file are relative to the dial controllers of bith diveplane's needles.
Last: make sure that silentmichael's mod doesn't overwrite my diveplane's gauge textures
Old 03-31-15, 11:16 AM   #420
MASS1L1A
Watch

Downloads: 292

So, I use the fantastic silentmichal's Mod except for the Room_CR.gr2 file,
because I don't want to lose my "gap - Real Diveplane Gauges v 1"

For chromium, I have edit the "Room CR - Periscope + Anime.sim" file and I have made a new .dds texture, what is unfortunate is that we can not separate between top and bottom of the periscope with the texture...

For the bulbs, I have edit the "Room_CR.sim" file with new .dds texture "bulb" and I have made a new Cube.dds, but it's not what I wanted, how to say... it's too "nightclub" !

I will continue my work to try to make bluish for the day and of course red for the night, like that:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163250
a magnificent job

ps: Michal (or anyone else) if you want I send you my files, no problem mate

Thank you all, and above all my god, sorry for my translation..

EDIT

Can someone tell me why it's not possible to save files with this effect: lumini_marinar_x2

my project: do as above with this (bulbs)

Thank you

Last edited by MASS1L1A; 03-31-15 at 01:01 PM.
MASS1L1A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinning place, interior, silentmichal