SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-15, 08:43 AM   #1066
álvaro
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1474
Uploads: 0

Can anyone help me with this question that I have?
What is the meaning of the acronym NYGM?

thanks
Old 01-14-15, 08:49 AM   #1067
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by álvaro View Post
What is the meaning of the acronym NYGM?
Not Your Grandmother
Old 01-14-15, 09:00 AM   #1068
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Alternatively 'Now Your Getting Murdered'

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-15, 11:29 AM   #1069
álvaro
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Not Your Grandmother
Thanks a lot Tycho.
Old 01-14-15, 02:52 PM   #1070
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

LOL now your getting murdered. It certainly is not too easy to try keeping the boat intact!
Old 01-16-15, 12:30 PM   #1071
álvaro
Torpedoman

Default Why is not "HiRes NYGM Submarines" in the list of download NYGM v3.6F?

Hello everyone. I'm about to make my list of mods to start my first patrol with NYGM after doing some tests. I have a few questions before I solve. ¿can I use the U-boats that appear in the compilation of Ahnenerbe (TKSS18) (waiting for Wise maravaillosos we present their new models ready to run) in NYGM ?? I know NYGM wears a mod for graphically improved models of submarines called "NYGM HiRes Submarines" ... this compilation will create a conflict? How I can do to add them in my list of mods?
By the way, I call attention to Stiebler and BigWalleye on the fact that the file (HiRes NYGM Submarines), is no longer in the download list that is in http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/ where we observe is the new update of this marvelous "Big Mod" to v3.6F. ? What is the reason for that is not already?
Greetings to all
Old 01-17-15, 07:28 AM   #1072
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Quote:
By the way, I call attention to Stiebler and BigWalleye on the fact that the file (HiRes NYGM Submarines), is no longer in the download list that is in http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/ where we observe is the new update of this marvelous "Big Mod" to v3.6F. ? What is the reason for that is not already?
I've withdrawn this mod (HiRes NYGM Submarines), since it is no longer compatible with NYGM 3.6F, nor with the Stiebler 4C hard-code addition.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-15, 10:05 AM   #1073
álvaro
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
I've withdrawn this mod (HiRes NYGM Submarines), since it is no longer compatible with NYGM 3.6F, nor with the Stiebler 4C hard-code addition.

Stiebler.
If HiRes NYGM Submarines does not support V3.6F ... Can I use "The German U-boats Recopilation of Ahnenerbe in our NYGM? ... And if so, how do I do it?
Thanks for responding so quickly Stiebler. a greeting
Old 01-17-15, 12:55 PM   #1074
Infini
Swabbie

Downloads: 66
Default New Orders

Maybe I didn't install correctly or there's a real problem.
When I try to request " New Orders", it's not working correctly.
Maybe the "Depth Charges in the Water" message is affected too, or it's the Time Compression?
Anyway, I wait for the next release for now.
By the way, great Mod. Very tough (planes and destroyers... )

Thank you for you hard work... really appreciated.
Infini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-15, 04:34 PM   #1075
limkol
XO

Downloads: 210

Thanks for a great mod, Stiebler.

I've just come back to SH3 after a few years and I must admit that it's still a great game.

I have a couple of questions and excuse me if they've been asked before.

My recognition manual doesn't contain merchants. The 2 flags, navy and merchant are there on the cover, but whatever one I click there's only naval ships. Is it me or is that the way it is?

Also the Radio Direction Finder revolves but stays in its casing (not raised) revolving through the inside wall of the tower. I've not installed your
Stiebler_Addon_for_V16A3 patch or Anvart_Stiebler Turms yet. I'm not using any other mods except for NYGM.

Hope you can help. Thanks again
limkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-15, 11:06 PM   #1076
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Stiebler, I have noticed a peculiarity with the new 3.6F/Stiebler4C combination. When I start a mission with NYGM3.6F activated (or with NYGM 3.6F and Stiebler4C_SubsFlag both activated) the mission begins with the radar antenna up and rotating. But when I also activate Supplement to V16B1 and Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1, the mission starts with the radar antenna up, but not rotating. The antenna must first be lowered, then raised, before it begins to rotate. Is this a feature? Am I doing something wrong?

Also, when I try to set the radar (FMO_30.dat) to start in the down position (and off!), I get the old "sticking out of the wall" problem. Have I botched the setup somehow?
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-15, 06:22 AM   #1077
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@alvaro:
Quote:
Can I use "The German U-boats Recopilation of Ahnenerbe in our NYGM?
I have no idea. There are a very large number of mods out there. I cannot be expected to know any of them, unless they were designed for use with NYGM. Please ask the mod's creator.

@infini:
Quote:
When I try to request " New Orders", it's not working correctly.
Maybe the "Depth Charges in the Water" message is affected too, or it's the Time Compression?
I presume that you refer to the Stiebler 4C (or 4B) hard-code fix, not to NYGM.
It seems as though you have a problem with en_menu.txt. Either you have not made the changes to it required (although, if you are using NYGM as your program base, then the changes have already been made for you.) Alternatively, you have installed a new mod containing en_menu.txt over the NYGM mods, and this has overwritten the correct en_menu.txt file.
Quote:
Very tough (mod)
NYGM is neither tough nor easy. It is accurate.

@limkol:
Quote:
My recognition manual doesn't contain merchants. The 2 flags, navy and merchant are there on the cover, but whatever one I click there's only naval ships. Is it me or is that the way it is?
The merchant ships are listed in the same block as the warships. NYGM has been like that for ages. This is probably a bug, but I don't know how to fix it.
Quote:
Also the Radio Direction Finder revolves but stays in its casing (not raised) revolving through the inside wall of the tower.
That is a bug in the original stock SH3.exe, still present in NYGM 3.6F (and all preceding issues). You are sailing, I presume, a U-boat with a type /1 conning tower with FuMO30?
The bug is fixed in the Stiebler 4C hard-code fix (not the earlier A3 fix that you mentioned.)

@Walleye:
Quote:
But when I also activate Supplement to V16B1 and Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1, the mission starts with the radar antenna up, but not rotating. The antenna must first be lowered, then raised, before it begins to rotate. Is this a feature? Am I doing something wrong?
This is a featue of H.sie's hard-code fix to stop the radar rotating as soon as you start a patrol at base. The radar is stopped, but in the up position.
Quote:
Also, when I try to set the radar (FMO_30.dat) to start in the down position (and off!), I get the old "sticking out of the wall" problem. Have I botched the setup somehow?
No botch, this is also an unintended feature. There is a limit to how much time should be spent on improving visual features for a supermod that is intended to be played for its game-realism (not its optical-realism).

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-15, 10:06 AM   #1078
limkol
XO

Downloads: 210

Thanks for the quick reply
limkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-15, 11:24 AM   #1079
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Stiebler, many thanks for the quick and clear response. Answers my questions completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
There is a limit to how much time should be spent on improving visual features for a supermod that is intended to be played for its game-realism (not its optical-realism).
I quite agree. At the moment, I am in a quandary. 3.6F has pushed out HiRes Subs, losing a considerable visual enhancement to gain another. But it also conflicts with MEP5 Visual Sensors and Rubini's New Hydrophone Layers. Both of these mods affect gameplay. I am in the process of bootlegging around the incompatibilities of all three and expect success.

Still, I am also considering just extracting Fsaconi's TypXb and reverting to 3.6D. The biggest drawback to doing so is that my setup would be out of sync with the current version, and upgrading to future versions could become problematical. I shun radar - emitters on stealth platforms are at best an adjunct and tend to be detrimental to the primary mission - so the animations, while very cool, don't add that much to the way I play.

For now, I am going to finish compatiblizing 3.6F with HiRes Subs, MEP5 Visual Sensors, and Rubini's Hydrophone Layers. I'll get that working, and then make a decision to stay with 3.6F or go back to 3.6D.

Again, many thanks for all your fine modding work and for keeping NYGM an evolving game system. Work like yours is what keeps SH3 a vital game after 10 years.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-15, 11:38 AM   #1080
álvaro
Torpedoman

[QUOTE=Stiebler;2279435]@alvaro:
I have no idea. There are a very large number of mods out there. I cannot be expected to know any of them, unless they were designed for use with NYGM. Please ask the mod's creator.
-------------------------------------------
Thank you for your quick response, Stiebler. I'll ask the creator to see what his opinion on the subject.
I want to associate myself with the thanks to you for Bigwalleye. You have done many good things for a long time in SH3 with your mods. Please, while those little inconveniences of 3.6F version are resolved, could you please upload again V3.6D? I removed it when he appeared 3.6E and 3.6F later. thank you very much

Last edited by álvaro; 01-18-15 at 12:12 PM.
álvaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torpedos through hull