SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-23-16, 02:08 PM   #2131
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Using 010 you can scan the files and create a list of all Class= in the .mis files.
Then scan the Rosters for Classname=

Cut it all down to get a compare list.
I use Open office and notepad for that.

I can walk you through what I do if you'd like.

Last edited by Jeff-Groves; 09-23-16 at 02:20 PM.
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 03:33 PM   #2132
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Thanks Jeff-Groves. I think I've got a handle on what you're referring to. I've just gone through and done 1941 Campaign files, and when I get to 1942, I'll probably have to get into the "near-semi-automatic" mode of doing it, just because of the shear numbers of things.

We were suspecting the SubHunter groups as the cause of the runaway spawning, but I'm not so sure it's just them. Looking in the Jap_TaskForce files, some of those are 3 columns, with four DD always generated, sometimes, more, and the BB, CV, CA, CL and Tanker ships may or may not generate with them... The DD's are usually "Generic" in the groups. There's also reports of cruisers being the ship.

One thing I've done is to reduce the occurrence of some of the groups, especially the SubHunters, even though there is only two left from FotRS. But they were generating a new group every 24 hours, and when I "Played" the MIS file in the Mission Editor, there was almost always at least 6 groups, and as many as 12 groups out there, all along the southern Honshu coast at any one given time. Your odds of encountering one would be very high still. So I made them only generate one in four times about, and there were usually only the two groups at any one time, maxed at five at once, which would be a little more reasonable to expect around in the area. I also added-in one along the West / North coast with a similar spawn rate. All generate in a harbor, where a captain (hopefully) wouldn't be using Time Compression that's too high.

There's also a little MAD experiment (I call it MAD_Hatter Group) along the coast of China, if any of you wanna wander over between Formosa and China to check it out... I'm not sure how "safe" it'd be (most of the ships are only Novice or Competent - for now), since there's a spawning search plane, and the SubHunter group. Besides the DE that always generates, there might be a CL with planes, and the catapult ship might also be with them... If it works, I'll remove it from 1941 and put it for like 43-45, but put it inline with some convoys... Download the JSGME test files in "1941CampaignChanged.7z" in the Jeff's Stuff in the Google Drive and see what it's like. Let me know, 'cause I'm not gonna do any more with the next years, unless this seems OK. Don't forget though, Campaign, and all ports need testing.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 03:40 PM   #2133
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

Downloads: 290
Default Title pages

Bravo Zulu on those SH opening screens. Instead of picking on since they all rock is it possible to have them change each time you start the game?

Jack

by....ME / QM3 Jack Frost, USS IOWA BB61 - Precom 1983 - 1987 / CTR2 Jack Frost - NSGA Northwest Chesapeake, VA. 1987 - 1994!
Navigator857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 04:02 PM   #2134
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator857 View Post
Bravo Zulu on those SH opening screens. Instead of picking on since they all rock is it possible to have them change each time you start the game?

Jack
As it stands at the moment the submarine surfacing will be the main intro screen. The other four will be JSGME ready and can be easily changed at any given time. They will be part of our plug-in mods that Rockin Robbins has mentioned before.

Thanks for the compliments on the screens, appreciate it.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 04:41 PM   #2135
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Hey Max, since your using a 1920x1080 resolution (my other computer, using a wide screen, is still down without a video card) I'm wondering if you or anyone else that uses a wide screen setup would try something
It works
See screenie

It squashes binocular graphic vertically a little bit, but it puts the bearing tape in the right place.
I am happy with this - thanks Capn

As you have already said - this game was never coded to work in widescreen high resolutions.
The fact that you can make these things work in these resolutions is much appreciated - thanks Capn

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 04:52 PM   #2136
propbeanie

btw, All you other CTD (Crash Test Dummy) mavens, the 1941 campaign layer runs mostly from the First of December, 1941 through the Twenty-Eighth of February, 1942... not very long of a time period. Perfect for editing and testing... We're wanting you to use some high levels of Time Compression, especially in 'enemy territory', to see if we find any runaway spawns... or other crashes or problems of any sort.

Old 09-23-16, 04:58 PM   #2137
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Default Small Fixes needed for ships v0.25 & v0.26 Beta

All,

JPFish01_sil - to be removed from > Data > Sea > JPGunBoat01

NL_T01=JP Old Medium Tanker - Not entered in > Data > Roster > Names.cfg

NL_B=JP Medium Cooler - Not entered in > Data > Roster > Names.cfg

NL_C=JP Medium Heavyloadfreighter - Not entered in > Data > Roster > Names.cfg

Regards,
s7rikeback
Old 09-23-16, 05:11 PM   #2138
propbeanie

Can we add those 3 NL_xxx ships to the Names.cfg ourselves, or is there more to doing it, or are they just repeats anyway?

Old 09-23-16, 05:13 PM   #2139
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Can we add those 3 NL_xxx ships to the Names.cfg ourselves, or is there more to doing it, or are they just repeats anyway?
Yes we can, copy and paste is good enough.
Old 09-23-16, 05:26 PM   #2140
propbeanie

Cool... Thanks s7rikeback.
-------------------------
Now, in the TaskForce layer of the 1941 campaign, there are still ships that I missed with my "Replace"... you won't notice it (I don't think), unless you go to open that particular MIS file in the Mission Editor, then it throws errors... I'll fix it later, when I do 1942, unless someone reports issues... :wink:

Edit: [RosannaDanna] ~Nevermind~ [/RosannaDanna]... Someone gorfot to activate their mod...

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-23-16 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Nevermind...
Old 09-23-16, 06:13 PM   #2141
propbeanie

If anyone is curious, here's an example of most of the Campaign layer running in the ME player:

If I did this correctly, the link should take you to the photobucket page, where you can see a larger version of this, if so desired (I don't... )

The yellow diamonds are where the Random Generated Groups (RGG) can generate at any given time. They could be set to generate 100% of the time, every 24 hours, or they might be set to generate 30% of the time, once every 196 hours, as examples. The green circles are the actual RGG that are generated and out and running. This is just a time slice of the period for the three months from Dec 1st, 1941 to Feb 28, 1942. There's even more for 1942, 1943, etc., ever-increasing each time period... wow.

Notice for the CTD (Crash Test Dummy) group: There are issues with the test download. I'll try to fix that later this evening, maybe sometime after the 11pm Eastern mark...

Old 09-23-16, 06:43 PM   #2142
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Hi Subron

Just wanted to tell you how much I love the new loading screen

I have been pondering on this for a few hours, and I think I know why I love it so much

It is absolutely perfect as a loading screen for Fall of the Rising Sun

First off - it is framed beautifully - having the sub surfacing in the middle of this shot, with the sunrise just behind it looks awesome

But also - and this is important - the mod name is Fall of the Rising Sun

Not only can we see the actual rising sun in the background, we can also see the rising sun flag
Quite symbolic, it keys in with the name of the mod

But that is not all

Having the US Fleetboat surfacing just in front of the Rising Sun - that is brilliant

One of the arms of the US Military that was directly responsible for the FALL of the Rising Sun Empire is right there in the foreground, coming up to ensure the Rising Suns Falls

It pretty much sums up the entire mod, and the game as a whole

I do not know if this was intentional on your part, or just happy coincidence

Either way - it is just about perfect

Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate

Last edited by max-peck; 09-23-16 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-23-16, 07:20 PM   #2143
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
Hi Subron

Just wanted to tell you how much I love the new loading screen

I have been pondering on this for a few hours, and I think I know why I love it so much

It is absolutely perfect as a loading screen for Fall of the Rising Sun

First off - it is framed beautifully - having the sub surfacing in the middle of this shot, with the sunrise just behind it looks awesome

But also - and this is important - the mod name is Fall of the Rising Sun

Not only can we see the actual rising sun in the background, we can also see the rising sun flag
Quite symbolic, it keys in with the name of the mod

But that is not all

Having the US Fleetboat surfacing just in front of the Rising Sun - that is brilliant

One of the arms of the US Military that was directly responsible for the FALL of the Rising Sun Empire is right there in the foreground, coming up to ensure the Rising Suns Fall

It pretty much sums up the entire mod, and the game as a whole

I do not know if this was intentional on your part, or just happy coincidence

Either way - it is just about perfect
Thanks, max. Glad you like it. When I made the screenshot I wasn't really thinking about the symbolism, it did turn out nice though. In reality it was for a new sig at the time.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 09-23-16 at 08:44 PM.
cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 08:39 PM   #2144
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
When I made the screenshot I wasn't really thinking about the symbolism
No - I am sure you weren't
It is one of those happy chances

You were just looking for a good looking shot, and it looks as if you have a good eye for this sort of thing

The whole 'US Sub rising up from the depths to ensure the fall of the Rising Sun' thing,
That looks completely accidental, and also completely awesome

In fact - it is completely awesome because it is accidental

You managed to stumble upon the absolute perfect shot for the loading screen purely by chance

Or providence

Coincidence, or providence

I will happily take either

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 09-23-16, 08:42 PM   #2145
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
It works

It squashes binocular graphic vertically a little bit, but it puts the bearing tape in the right place.
Great! Again the fix is:

With the "FOTRSU v0.26 Beta Update 092116" removed from JSGME activation. Open its Data/Menu/menu_1024_768.ini file with Notepad, then drill down to the [G27 I13] entry named "Binocular Mask". Replace the original Zone line with these two:

;Zone= 0 768 1024 768 5 1 0x27000000 0.5 -0.5 0x27000004 -0.5 0.5 0 0
Zone= 0 768 1024 768 2 0 0x27000000 0.5 -0.5 0x27000004 -0.5 0.5 0 0

I'll be incorporating the fix into my next addition if it doesn't get put into the next Beta.

I'm "off the grid" for the next week being out of the country. Hold the fort down!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote