SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-16, 05:16 PM   #10
wolf6541
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

I've set up a link, if that's alright.

https://www.mediafire.com/?091fj6y46f84rlq

For those that can't fire their missiles:
You need to select a tube first (usually 7-14) by either going to periscope view or cycling with W, and open the tube with Q, wait for the tube to open, lock a target, and hit fire.
It's recommended you maintain some 6 or more km distance from your targets, as there's a chance of nuking yourself. If after you destroyed a ship, you suddenly start taking damage in all parts of your sub, or the game crashes, then most likely that's what happened - you nuked yourself.
I usually fire from a 9km range while having my keel (nose) pointed at the enemy. I've sank some 4 million tons of ships and nuked myself only once or twice due to being in less than 6km range of the targets. It's fun and it does work, just be careful with the range. Once you hit your target, do not approach the site of the "explosion", hit reverse or turn around.

Also, I've noticed that SLBM's work with tubes 1-6 as well, so I guess you can load them in any tube.
Kudos to the author(s), great work.

Last edited by wolf6541; 07-19-16 at 06:38 PM.
wolf6541 is offline   Reply With Quote