SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-15, 12:53 PM   #11
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy
......go to the Museum and find the American Avenger plane introduced by RSRDC. Watch it for more than a couple of minutes. It flies fine at first but, slowly the nose will rise, then straight into the sea!

I'm wanting to set the record straight regarding my remarks of the RSRDC Avenger, in either v550 and v575. What I said is total BS!! It goes to show talking from "memory" is never a good thing.

Upon further review of what I said.....the Museum's RSRDC Avenger flies as expected, straight and level until it gets to its turn point, abruptly turns left about 90 degrees (compared to the sun position) at around 5 minutes into its flight. Then flies straight and true for another 5 minutes, making another 90 degree left turn to continue its pre set Museum flight. This is with SH4 v1.5, RSRDC v550, and its Patch1 v5xx. I'm convinced I was wrong in my statement regarding its dive into the sea.

I'm not wrong in having this happen. My experience was while using the Avenger with SH4 v1.4. A completely different animal!! I'll admit I'm working with adding planes to a version of Day of Infamy for v1.4 of the game. The issue has since been resolved due to some missing files that SH v1.4 requires that the original Avenger didn't have. This is where my memory mixed up the conclusion that one would see the Avenger fail....not with v1.5, but with v1.4 of the game. My apologies!! I have no excuse except for not checking my conclusion before stating it.

Although my other comments are correct......You'll get CTD's within the Museum with some of the RSRDC units, plus some of the planes don't have sound (like the Corsair).

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote