SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-09-09, 03:40 AM   #301
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Mido:

Each additional installation of later versions of NYGM (preferably with JSGME) updates those additional mods found in the documentation folder - if they need updating.

Therefore install all the main NYGM upgrades in sequence, as shown in the download list given by clicking on my signature, and then all the additional mods in the documentation folder will be up to date.

It is now, after installing all the main mods, that you can safely install the additional mods from the documentation folder.

I hope this explanation is not too confusing for what should really be a simple process. It is rather hard to explain in words.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 10:51 AM   #302
mido
Engineer

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Mido:

Each additional installation of later versions of NYGM (preferably with JSGME) updates those additional mods found in the documentation folder - if they need updating.

Therefore install all the main NYGM upgrades in sequence, as shown in the download list given by clicking on my signature, and then all the additional mods in the documentation folder will be up to date.

It is now, after installing all the main mods, that you can safely install the additional mods from the documentation folder.

I hope this explanation is not too confusing for what should really be a simple process. It is rather hard to explain in words.

Stiebler.
Dear Stiebler,

thanks for your quick reply!

I still don't understand if I have to install the additional mods found in version 2.5 before upgrading to 3.2 and then finally to 3.3b or before.

How can the additional mods be updated by newer versions of NYGM if they are to be installed only after the main mods?

Or could it be that I don't have to install the mods found in the documentation folder of 2.5 at all after updating to 3.3b but only the ones found in 3.3b?

The way I have it installed now is like this:

First I installed the 2.5 stand alone and then the 3.2 and 3.3b. After that I activated all the additional mods in the 2.5 documentation folder, the 3.2 documentation folder (overwriting previous versions) and finally the 3.3b documentation folder. Is this correct?

Sorry for asking the same thing again but I really like NYGM and would like to make sure I got everything wright.
mido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-09, 02:32 PM   #303
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Mido:

You have installed correctly the NYGM part-mods in sequence: NYGM 2.5, NYGM 3.2, NYGM 3.3 (+ IABL merchant ships, optional).

Ah, now I understand your problem. I had got it into my wooden head that JSGME would install folders from each mod documentation folder into the SH3 documentation folder - it does not.

Therefore, when installing the additional mods, always use the latest version which is available, starting from the NYGM 3.3B package, then working backwards.

There is no need to install the additional mods in the 'documentation' folder oif NYGM 2.5 (or later version) if the same additional mod exists in an upgrade to the NYGM mod. Each of the additional mods is completely self-contained, and does not require any earlier version to be present.

I hope that is clear - my error in what I wrote two posts back.

Stiebler.
Old 12-09-09, 04:53 PM   #304
mido
Engineer

Dear Stiebler,

thank you for the clarification.
Old 12-28-09, 04:25 PM   #305
mido
Engineer

Default FuMB37

Hello,

is the optional mod FuMB37 found in the documentation folder of version 2.5 replaced by FuMB37XXIII or are these different mods?
Old 12-29-09, 07:15 AM   #306
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Quote:
is the optional mod FuMB37 found in the documentation folder of version 2.5 replaced by FuMB37XXIII or are these different mods?
The FUMB37XXIII mod replaces the FuMB37 mod found in NYGM 2.5.
Sorry for any confusion - the XXIII boat was added later.

Stiebler.
Old 01-02-10, 01:25 PM   #307
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Default NYGM 3.3C and IABL ships

For the beginning of year 2010, I have added a few very minor improvements to NYGM version 3:
1. Minor bug fixes.
2. Racerboy's starshells, modified so that they do not fire so frequently.
3. Rubini's 'Clear Blue Skies' mod for NYGM.

Download these from my signature, as file NYGM_3.3C.7z.
Install after ALL other NYGM downloads. (But note that optional extras found in the NYGM documentation files should be added *after* NYGM 3.3C.)
If you have already downloaded and installed NYGM's version of Racerboy's Starshells mod, you should remove this version. It is completely replaced by NYGM 3.3C.

I have also updated the IABL merchant fleet used in NYGM. These are beautiful ships, well tested, stable, and re-zoned by Der Teddy Bar and myself. The main improvement is to add the starshells mod and to provide the correct merchant ship visual ability, previously overlooked.

Download file 'iablships_nygm3_2010.7z' and use it it to replace the original 'iablships_nygm3.7z' file.

Stiebler.
Old 01-12-10, 09:51 AM   #308
Weisia
A-ganger

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Is there an option to install de hydrophone contact lines?

If I remember correctly I had hydrophone contact lines when I was playing NYGM 3.0 in the past, giving a estimate on direction and range. I just reinstalled a new game with NYGM 3.3c but the contact lines aren't there anymore. This is probably quite easy to enable, but my search on the forum didn't have any results.
Weisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 02:40 PM   #309
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Weisia:

It seems that you need to reinstall the mod 'Restore Gods Eye View', found in the documentation folder of the NYGM 2.5 stand-alone version.

Stiebler.
Old 01-15-10, 04:58 AM   #310
Corsair
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 51

Hi Stiebler, thanks for the updates and a happy new year 2010 for you and all NYGM Kaleuns.

NYGM 3.4A / Living SH3 V5.1 + SH3 Commander
Corsair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 05:59 PM   #311
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Well done , thank you
Old 01-29-10, 02:21 PM   #312
Weisia
A-ganger

Downloads: 65

Hi Stiebler. I am still trying to get the hydrophone lines to work. What I am looking for is something like this. only I don't want to have a continues 'sound contact line', but one which is interrupted with empty spaces:

Here is the mod-list I am currently using, as you see I have the restore gods eye activated:
NYGM2.5
1500 METER BEARING OVERLAY
ALTERNATE DIAL FACES
CAPTAINAMERICAOFFICER ICONS
NYGM TONNAGE WAR MINEFIELD MOD
NYGM3.2
NYGM3.3B
NYGM3.3C
IABLSHIPSREZONEDFINAL
THOMSEN'S SOUNDPACK V3.2
RAPTOR'S INSTRUMENTS V3.1
LIFEBOAT&DEBRIS V4
HITMAN OPTICS NUGM 3.2(FIXED)
SINGLE MERCHANG CONTACT MOD
RESTORE GODS EYE VIEW.

Could it be that I have overlooked a mod which might be the answer to my problem?

Thank you,
Weisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 03:30 PM   #313
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Weisia:

The sonar contact lines are supposed to be unbroken.

I regret that I know of no mod which changes the unbroken lines to broken lines (lines with spaces).

Sorry.

Stiebler.
Old 02-19-10, 12:45 PM   #314
verte
Sparky

Downloads: 36

I'm trying to use the sliding-out torpedo panel in other gui. I have copied the necessary options and it works ok, but I have one problem:

I have a clear salvo dial, without torpedo numbers. What option is responsible for showing the torpedo numbers on slide-out torpedo panel, as here: ?

verte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 05:44 AM   #315
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@verte:
This issue with the number of torpedo salvo options on custom-made screens is an old one, and I believe that no one knows the answer or the solution.

It would be best to seek advice from Hitman or Makman, who have done a lot of work on these kind of screens.

Stiebler.

Tags
torpedos through hull