SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-25-17, 06:47 PM   #1
vamac53
Sailor man

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default SCOPE VIEW

when using scope view F4 in the boxed game, it used to show the magnification lrvel, but cant see it with steam edition. any help?

thx

MAC
vamac53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 10:26 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I'm not sure I've seen it show it, but maybe in a mod?... Which version of the game do you have from Steam? The v1.3, or the v1.5 with U-Boats?...

Anyway, I hit the tab key for the "zoom" and "un-zoom". If you're not sure about what zoom level you're at and don't want to have to noodle with it when you do bring the scope up, then just press the <Page Up> key a little, to where the scope goes up just enough to see the gauge at the top. Now "spin" the scope with the arrow keys, and since you're in stock, if you aren't zoomed, the degree gauge will go by rather quickly, and you'll hear a "tick tick tick" sound as it goes by every 10th degree (I think - might be 5 or 15...). If you're zoomed in, it goes painfully slow (unless you hit the <Shift> key). You might also be able to tell the zoom level when you're deep by open the scope and observing the difference in the "algae" in the water, whether it's big or small... To use the scope, either press and hold the <Page Up> to raise the scope the rest of the way, or press the periscope Up / Down button twice - once to go down from where it is, the 2nd time to take it up...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote