SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-22-11, 09:16 AM   #76
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

My darn player did not perform remotely close to what was projected.

Dropped two positions.

Note happy!
Old 11-22-11, 10:18 AM   #77
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Fingers crossed for stat corrections to not screw me

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 10:28 AM   #78
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
My darn player did not perform remotely close to what was projected.

Dropped two positions.

Note happy!
Sorry to hear that. It's happened to me quite a few times, which is why I never go with the projections. I always look at receptions and/or carries. If this is a guy who sees the ball a lot, I will consider starting him, regardless of matchup. Still, every player has an off game, and trying to predict those will send you to the loony bin.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 01:43 PM   #79
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 216

Some very dodgy happenings.

I go to bed at half time in the Falcons, Titans game. (The later set of games)
with Crabtree on the Destoryers bench. Crabtree was having a good game for the 49's as i keeping tabs on all the games via Stattracker.

So imagine my amazement when i check the score before i left for work on Monday morning to see that Ochocinco has been replaced by Crabtree!!!
I though it was impossible to add a player to the team once he has already started his game? Its seems iam mistaken.
So i got totally screwed and im quite pissed off to be honest.
Old 11-22-11, 02:07 PM   #80
RickC Sniper
Undetectable

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chris View Post

I though it was impossible to add a player to the team once he has already started his game? Its seems iam mistaken.

It is this way for me and it should be this way for everyone. If this actually happened, it is an issue that needs to be looked into.

Support Subsim http://www.subsim.com/store.html
RickC Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 02:46 PM   #81
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Sorry to hear that. It's happened to me quite a few times, which is why I never go with the projections. I always look at receptions and/or carries. If this is a guy who sees the ball a lot, I will consider starting him, regardless of matchup. Still, every player has an off game, and trying to predict those will send you to the loony bin.
For the most part I find the projections are close. Not this week though. Not even close.
Old 11-22-11, 02:47 PM   #82
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chris View Post
Some very dodgy happenings.

I go to bed at half time in the Falcons, Titans game. (The later set of games)
with Crabtree on the Destoryers bench. Crabtree was having a good game for the 49's as i keeping tabs on all the games via Stattracker.

So imagine my amazement when i check the score before i left for work on Monday morning to see that Ochocinco has been replaced by Crabtree!!!
So i got totally screwed and im quite pissed off to be honest.
I can not move players once the game has started.
Old 11-22-11, 03:30 PM   #83
mr chris
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 216

Well it happened.
He was on the bench when i went to bed, and when i woke up he was in the starting line-up.
Old 11-29-11, 12:47 AM   #84
Gut Wrench
Chief

Downloads: 0
SUB SIMMERS DIVISION UP FOR GRABS
Play Offs Spots Vanishing

Week Twelve in the 2011 Subsim Fantasy Football, and what might have been the longest every week of football, turned into one of the greatest week ends of football. We'll have all the details on the come from behind wins, the last minute rewrites because of the come from behind wins, and who's in and out of the play offs, after this important message.

NOMINATE SUBSIM FFL REPORTS FOR THIS YEARS "BEST OF SUBSIM".

The biggest game of the year pitted the 5-6 Wild Boston Terriers in a shootout with the 9-2 Dragons. It was a huge passing affair with Aaron Rodgers (WBT) slinging it out early Thanksgiving morning against Matthew Stafford (Dragons) and it came down to Monday night with Marques Colston (WBT) against Victor Cruz (Dragons). The Terrier, still smarting from last weeks one yard backward pass by Rodgers, started strong and looked to have the win sewn up, until Victor Cruz caught a 72 yard bomb for a touchdown to put the Dragons ahead. With less than 5 minutes to go Colston sat at 78 yards, just waiting to pick up the remaining 12 to get the bonus points and give the Terriers a chance. It was all over when Cruz went in for his second touchdown to allow the Dragons to ease away. Final Score, Dragons 125 - Wild Boston Terriers 107. The win moves the Dragons to the top of the divisional ladder, but they don't own their division yet.

Coach Mookie and the Ghost Monkeys has said goodbye to last years 1 point losses and set sailed for the divisional top seed. In a relatively low scoring affair, the Monkeys were pitted against the naughty boys of the league, the BP Badasses. With barely any points between the two teams, WR Hakeem Nicks caught enough yardage to lift the Ghost Monkeys to a 71 - 40 victory, and more importantly, move to 8-4 and still in contention for the Divisional Champion.

Coach Mike of the Every Given Sunday discovered the hard way that any team can win on any given Sunday. At 7-4 and matched against the 3-8 Reapers, desperately clinging to a slim hope of a play off, QB Alex Smith of EGS crumbled, while he left his second string of Drew Brees on the bench with 40 + points. The Reapers, for the third week in a row, knock off one of the league leaders and sit on the verge of making the playoffs, at 4-8.

In the Surface Skimmers division, Mr Chris and the Helmand Nighthawks were looking for redemption after a diabolical season, as they were matched against the 7-4 Guns of Hochuli. The Gunners turned on their standard performance but the Nighthawks were able to put enough points on the board, before the Gunners eventually ran out of time on Monday night. The Gunners fall to the Nighthawks 94.94 - 94.16 and the miracle continues as they stay alive in the playoffs.

At church services after the game, Mister Chris took time to get off his knees to meet the media. He said "We circled this date at the beginning of the season. We came to play, and it was everything we thought it would be. We played it hard and in the end, we're just to come away with the win and look forward to next weeks game."

The Nighthawks will need help though, and it had to come from the top and middle of the division. The Nutcrunchers season at 3-8 was hanging on a thread as they were matched up against the Black Cats, The Kittens had made their way to 6-5 and looked to be in contention for one of the final play off spots when they choked on a Nutcruncher hairball. In a lopsided affair, the Nutcrunchers skin the Black Cats 117 - 90. The Nutcrunchers advance to the group of teams at 4-8 and stay alive, barely.

The Australian Taipans, perhaps the most unsurprising team this year have systematically gone about their business week after week. Attempts to trade away Darren Sproles were unsuccessful and as it turns out, the loss of the leagues leading rusher Fred Jackson (AT) did nothing to slow them down. Taipans take care of business against the Delaware Destroyers 106 - 46 and clinch the Divisional Champion.

With two weeks left in the regular season, lets examine where all the teams sit, and just what they need to do to make the playoffs.

Here's what we know already and won't change. The Taipans have won the Surface Skimmers Division and go to their first post season appearance as either the #1 or #2 team. The BP Badasses in the Sub Simmers division have been eliminated. Everything else is up for grabs.

The Dragons at 10 - 2 sit on top of the Sub Simmers Division and have clinched a play off spot. They hold a two game lead over Moookie and the Ghost Monkeys at 8-4, whom they meet next week. A win for the Dragons in either week give them the Divisional Championship. Flex scheduling sees the Subsim League designate the Dragons @ Ghost Monkeys as the Game of The Week.

Every Given Sunday and the Guns of Hochuli, both at 7-4, are on a two and three loss streak respectively. Both teams have clinched a play off position but are still in line for the Championship playoffs. Every Given Sunday meet the BP Badasses and the Guns of Hochuli have to go through the Australian Taipans, who beat then a few weeks ago.

With 5 teams locked in, that leaves 3 positions still up for grabs.

At 6-6 the Black Cats have to play against the Nighthawks and the Taipans in the next week two weeks. One win in either week will see them in the Consolation Series, but they are still going to need help.

At 5-7, Aaron Rodgers and the Wild Boston Terriers prove you can have the league MVP and still be in danger of missing the playoffs. The Terriers are matched against the Reapers next week and the Badasses the week following. They had better not look behind because here comes a gaggle of teams who can still make the play offs.

At 4-8, the Reapers, Nutcrunchers, Delaware Destroyers and the Nighthawks can still make the Consolation Series, but they have to win and get some help. While there is still a chance, these 4-8 teams could still take out the #5 divisional ranking. Reapers and Terriers play each other, while the Nutcrunchers and Destroyers also play each other. The Nighthawks are against the Black Cats.

So the league looks like this.

Australian Taipans 10-2 (clinched division, Championship play off)
Dragon 10-2 (clinched play off position, 1 win to clinch division)
Ghost Monkeys 8-4 (clinched play off position, 2 wins to clinch division)
Every Given Sunday 7-5 (clinched play off position)
Guns of Hochuli 7-4 (clinched play off position)
Black Cats 6-6
Wild Boston Terriers 5-7
Delaware Destroyers 4-8 (on the bubble)
Nutcrunchers 4-8
Helmand Nighthawks 4-8
Reapers 4-8
BP Badasses 3-8 (eliminated)

You wanted great Fantasy Football, you got it right here as the race to the Torpedo Bowl continues.

Each week, the Associated Subsim Writers (ASW) will nominated their Most Valuable Torpedo (MVT) of the week, the single player who proved decisive in their teams performance.

For the effort of 361 passing yards, 3 touchdown and a massive 28 rushing yards, for a total of 31.12 points, and doing enough to keep their post season hopes alive, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present Tom Brady of the Nutcrunchers with the Week Twelve MVT.

Gut Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-11, 11:58 PM   #85
Gut Wrench
Chief

DRAGONS CLINCH
...but here come the Cats

Week Thirteen in the 2011 Subsim Fantasy Football, and the playoff picture is just as muddled this week as it was last. We'll have all the highlights of the big game of the week, the play off implications and of course, where the entire league stands with just one more week in the regular season. All this and more, after this important message.

It was the biggest game of the year. The high scoring Ghost Monkeys had stayed in the hunt, and with just two games left in the season, they were matched up against the divisional leaders. A win would keep the Sub Simmers division wide open, and the Monkeys could maintain the hunt on the back of Matt Forte.

Until he got injured.

On an early play in the weekend Forte stumbled and sustained an injury which took him out of the game for the balance of the week. It would be one of the decisive points of the season, and the Ghost Monkeys stood proud as they put a 50 point lead on the Dragons. Coach Mookie and the Monkeys were looking pretty good, despite the low scoring game, and had a decent lead. But the Dragon aren't 10-2 because of their good looks. (Some would say that's far from the truth!) From 50 points down, the Dragons crawled their way back and breathed life into the post season appearance. Dragons win 87.06 83.06 and clinch the Sub Simmers division .

The other "top of the table" battle saw the Australian Taipans pitted against the Guns of Hochuli. The Gunners, on the bad end of a three game losing streak, needed to take the win to ensure their appearance in the Championship Series. It was not to be, as the Taipans rolled out one of the big scores of the year, 139 - 110, and advance to an impressive 9-0 in the division.

The loss by the Gunners drops them to four losses in a row, and scrambles the post season appearance for six other teams. The first is the Black Cats, matched up against divisional rivals the Helmand Nighthawks. The Nighthawks, having nothing short of a disappointing season, were looking for the win any way possible to secure a play off position. The score went back and forth and late in Monday Night before the Nighthawks ran out of time. The Black Cats win, final score Nighthawks 110 - 105.

The mess in the middle of the league of who's in and who's out of a play off position shook across the league. Deeper into the Surface Skimmers division, the Delaware Destroyers continune to prove that you don't have to have the coach show up to have a great game. The Destroyers were hosting the Nutcrunchers, both teams still mathematically in the hunt for the play offs. The final low score of 60 - 45 moves the Nutrcrunchers to 5-8 and their post season rests within the Surface Skimmers Division.

Two weeks ago the Wild Boston Terriers lost a game on a single backward pass, and that still lingers as the Doggies were matched up against the Reapers. Coach McBee, desperate for a win (and hot mud wrestling chicks from the first half of the season) needed a big score to stay in the hunt. The put plenty of points on the board but they had to wait out for the reapers RB Maurice Jones-Drew to get finished off. Doggie bark out a win 128 - 112 and move to 6-7.

Coach McBee was asked how important this game was to his play off aspirations. He said "We circled this date at the beginning of the season. We came to play, and it was everything we thought it would be. We played it hard and in the end, we're just to come away with the win and look forward to next weeks game."

The one team that has been storming through the league in the past few weeks - except the last one, has been Mike and his team of Every Given Sunday.

With just one week left in the regular season, lets examine where all the teams sit, and just what they need to do to make the playoffs.

Here's what we know already and won't change. The Dragons clinch the Division and head to the Championship Series for the Torpedo Bowl. The Taipans clinched last week, and having suffered one of their two defeats to the Dragons, sit half a game back. Both teams go in as the #1 and #2, the final positions still to be decided. The Taipans can clinch the #1 spot with a win and only a Dragon loss. The Bp Badasses were eliminated last week.

Everythingelse is up for grabs.

The Ghost Monkeys, Every Given Sunday, Guns of Hochuli and the Black Cats have all secured play off positions, but the jostling for the Championship play offs will go down to the last week. The Black Cats have the toughest road going up against the Taipans, while the Ghost Monkeys and Every Given Sunday meet each other in the game of the week. The Guns of Hochuli have the easiest path against the Destroyers.

Behind them it's still a mad rush for the final play off spot.

The Wild Boston Terriers sit in the #7 spot at 6-7, and playing the Badasses will make no difference, they're going to the Consolation Series.

The final spot is still for grabs, being contested by four teams, all still in the hunt. The Nutcrunchers sit on the bubble at 5-8, while behind them, the Reapers, Nighthawks and Destroyers sit at 4-9, still with playoff aspirations.

With 7 teams locked in, only one position is still available.

So the league looks like this.

Australian Taipans 11-2 (clinched division, Championship play off)
Dragon 11-2 (clinched division, Championship play off)
Ghost Monkeys 8-5 (clinched play off position)
Every Given Sunday 8-5 (clinched play off position)
Black Cats 7-6 (clinched play off position)
Guns of Hochuli 7-4 (clinched play off position)
Wild Boston Terriers 6-7 clinched play off position)
Nutcrunchers 5-8 (on the bubble)
Delaware Destroyers 4-9
Nutcrunchers 4-9
Helmand Nighthawks 4-9
Reapers 4-9

The race to the last play off position will come down not to wins and losses, but divisional wins and points scored.

Each week, the Associated Subsim Writers (ASW) will nominated their Most Valuable Torpedo (MVT) of the week, the single player who proved decisive in their teams performance.

For the effort of 153 rushing yards, 2 touchdown and 1 reception for 4 yards, for a total of 24.40 points, and maybe enough to get them to the Championship Series,, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present Chris Johnson of Every Given Sunday with the Week Thirteen MVT.

Last edited by Gut Wrench; 12-06-11 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Typos, pressed submit not preview.. Still hate FF and Word.
Old 12-06-11, 12:31 AM   #86
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29

Hmmm - aren't there 4 Championship seeds? Only 2 have clinched, so its a 4 way battle for 2 seats at the big table, right?

Ghost Monkeys or Every Given Sunday - one of them - are not going to get in unless the Cats and Guns both lose. At this point, almost everyone needs help from another team dropping the ball to get in - except the winner of GM vs EGS.

Really suprising it has come down to this late in the season, but wow that makes it FUN!

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 10:10 AM   #87
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

I'm not sure how it works. I'm on the bubble? Perhaps but my opponent this weekend is going to murder me.
Old 12-06-11, 07:05 PM   #88
RickC Sniper
Undetectable

Downloads: 132

He is counting the consolation bracket as the playoffs so 8 teams total will make the playoffs.

CaptainHaplo is right.
The winner of GM vs EVG will be in the championship bracket.
The loser of that game, Black Cats and Guns of Hochuli will vie for the fourth spot. (Cats and Guns need to win since 4 teams have 8 or more wins already)

The consolation bracket is wide open in that if Nutchruncher loses this week one team with 5 wins will make it in. If he wins the last spot goes to him.

Good luck to all next week.

Support Subsim http://www.subsim.com/store.html
RickC Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-11, 12:04 AM   #89
Gut Wrench
Chief

WILD END TO SEASON
...with tie breaker surprises.

Week Fourteen in the 2011 Subsim Fantasy Football, and the regular season is done for the year. We'll tell you who's going to be playing in December, who's missed out on a tiebeaker, and what the future looks like for the eight teams in the play offs.

But before we get to that, this important message in the name of fallen fantasy football teams everywhere.

Did we save some of the best games of the year till the final week? Oh yes we did. With only two teams clinched into the post season brackets, five teams were fighting it out for their seeding, and four more teams were scrambling to get that final berth. Let's take this apart from the top down, and see what this means as we head into the last two weeks.

The Dragons were the #1 team all year. Right from the first kick off in week one, they made it known they were here for another championship. They had been in a close race all season for the top position, and in week 14 were facing the Reapers. A win would give them the #1 seed. The Reapers on the other hand, at 4-9, needed the win and then some help just to make it to the play offs. Coach Rick's team put up some good numbers, but the duo of Eli Manning and Maurice Two-Dads', saw this game over early. With no mercy rule, the Reapers banged on the points and annihilated the Dragons 142 - 94. The win keeps the Reapers still in the hunt with a big score, while the Dragons, already seeded into the Championship, looked across at the Taipans/Black Cats game.

The Taipans had quietly slithered to an impressive 9-0 divisional wins and were looking for a clean sweep of the division against the Black Cats. The Dragons loss mean the Taipans could steal the #1 seed away with a win. The Cats, who put themselves in a position to win the final play off position, needed to stomp the Taipans. With everyone on the Cats playing in the early game, the Taipans put up a century plus score, and with the Dragons loss, snatched the #1 seed away. The Cats would lay in wait for the result of other games before knowing where their post season may lay.

The biggest game of the year, the Ghost Monkeys and Every Given Sunday. Divisional rivals within a half game of each other, the winner to advance to the Championship Series, the loser to also wait out other games. EGS benched Alex Smith for Drew Brees (why???) and the result came down to Monday Night. The Monkeys had a lead before their Seahawks defense took the field. EGS had Marshawn Lynch The Beast running for over 100 and a touchdown, but The gap was too big, and The Ghost Monkeys advance to the Championship Series with a 123 - 107 win. Every Given Sunday's post season rest on the result of other games.

Halfway through the season the Guns Of Hochuli looked like being the world beaters, until they got into a four game losing streak. In the final week they were pitted against the only zombie team in the league, the Delaware Destroyers. Last week I would have predicted a landslide win for the Gunners but it wasn't even close. Even with Darren McFadden (DD) out the Destroyers remaining players shot down the Gunners 112 - 67.

In so doing, the Destroyers stayed alive with a play off hope, while cementing the top four teams that would head to the Torpedo Bowl. Imagine what the Destroyer season could have been if their coach had shown up.

As the teams locked in from the Gunners loss, the Wild Boston Terriers, still growling after the backward pass by Rodgers weeks prior, needed to hold their position still. Against the BP Badasses, already elimated from the post season, the Badasses went to play spoiler and almost pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the year. Coach McBee needed every yard of Rob the Gronk's 160 yards receiving to secure the Doggies in the Consolation Series with a 118 - 102 win.

The final play off spot would be decided by the result of the Helmand Nighthawks and the Nutcrunchers game. A win to either team still needed help and some points to get into the playoffs. The Nighthawks, picked by many (including me) to win the whole damm lot, rested in the hands of Antonio Gates (22 points) while the Nutcrunchers would leave it in the hands of Terrific Tom (28 points). In the highest scoring game of the week, Mister Chris finally got some much needed British redemption downing the Nutcrunchers 130 - 102, and putting himself into a four way tie breakers.

The top seven teams were in place as the Subsim Committee headed into overtime to break the lock. The first tie breaker rule was divisional winning percentage. Despite winning their last game, the Nighthawks were 3-7 within the division, and the first team relegated out of the tie breaker. Total points scored is the second tie breaker, and naturally, having made it this far, the Delaware Destroyers were zombi-ed out. The tie break between the Nutcrunchers and the reapers would come down to points scored.

Nutcrunchers -1225 points. Reapers - 1309.

The Reapers unlikely win and big score over the Dragons in the final game of the regular season elevates them to the #8 seed in the play offs.

Coach Pit upon being told he'd advanced into the post season, while doing cartwheels, (and not spilling a drop of beer), said "We circled this date at the beginning of the season. We came to play, and it was everything we thought it would be. We played it hard and in the end, we're just to come away with the win and look forward to next weeks game."

So here's how the post season will start out next week.

The Taipans (12-2) clinched the #1 seed in the Championship Division and will play # 4 seed, Every Given Sunday (8-6) . These teams did not meet in the regular season. The Dragons (11-3) as the #2 seed will host the #3 team, the Ghost Monkeys (9-5). The Dragons beat the Ghost Monkeys in two games during the regular season.

In the Consolation Series, three teams finished at 7-7 and the same tie breaker rules apply. The Wild Boston Terriers earn the #5 seed, having the same divisional wins as the Black Cats but scoring more points. They host the #8 seed, divisional rivals The Reapers (5-9) who they beat twice during the regular season. The #6 team of The Black Cats with 5-5 divisional wins, also host divisional rivals and the #7 seed, The Guns of Hochuli who have 4-6 divisional wins. The Cats and the Gunners split the regular season games 1-1.

So there we have it. An unlikely top seed, the favorite in the #2 position, and the line in Vegas for the Torpedo Bowl Champion is expected to come out of the Ghost Monkeys and the Dragons game. Next weeks column will be delayed in broadcast, originating from Candlestick Park late Monday night.

For the effort of 3 sacks, 1 interception, 1 defensive touchdown, 1 blocked kick and allowing less than 14 for a total of 20 points, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present the Seahawk Defense of the Ghost Monkeys with the Week Fourteen MVT.

Old 12-13-11, 01:00 AM   #90
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Too bad my running game didn't work out, I'd have a monster team.

Tags
fantasy football, subsim