SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-06-08, 05:25 PM   #1
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7
Default [Rel] Playable Maya

Update to version 1.1. Made the 8 inch Turret the playable 'Deck Gun' and a few other minor changes.
Update Version 1.2 Fixed some sounds and one gun had the wrong shells.
http://files.filefront.com/IJN+Maya+.../fileinfo.html

This is the Heavy Cruiser Maya, sister ship to the Takao. It is built on a Gato (mostly) and made with 1.5 (I don't have a 1.4 install so I don't know if it will work) There is still some work to be done. The bridge needs to be moved (Keltos is trying to get it to work as I was unable. The 3D is two objects not one, so it's creating headaches.)
Also I don't like the location of the default A01 and 02 flak guns so they are going to be moved. And a few other small things that need to be tidied up. I want to thank all those who helped by answering some questions I had. Without your help it wouldn't be working. I'm learning as I go. Please let me know how you like or don't like it.

Download from Filefront, extract to your MOD folder. There are two missions included in the download. I can make more if people use it. I hope I remembered to include all the files.:hmm:

Peabody

Edit: fixed the download link

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 07-22-08 at 07:26 PM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 07:48 PM   #2
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Thanks, Peabody. Glad you got her goingWill take her out for a spin (hope I don't get attacked by myself)

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 08:30 PM   #3
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Thanks, Peabody. Glad you got her goingWill take her out for a spin (hope I don't get attacked by myself)
Watch out for those torpedos, I did get attacked by myself! BOOOM. Forgot the ship is going 35 knots and the torp dropped in the water halfway back. Well, it hit me in the bow.:rotfl:. So I moved the tubes up to the front and made them invisible, but if you use them, you want to be going slow and straight.

Hope you like it, I should have put Beta in the title, it really isn't done.

I guess I didn't do the link right, I thought it was kind of long. It just dls it doesn't go to the filefront site.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 07-07-08, 01:17 AM   #4
Wolfling04
Frogman

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 0

Are we able to use the Maya for Career mode?
Wolfling04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08, 02:24 AM   #5
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfling04
Are we able to use the Maya for Career mode?
Not at the moment. I am working on a Japanese Campaign right now. I don't know if anyone else is.

The Maya is built on a Gato so you can't use it on the German side. I should have had the Campaign done but I got sidetracked making the Maya.
Testing the campaign has been the problem for me. This modding is all new and I have to keep doing missions to see if I have enough targets or too many targets, etc.

But when you load a Single mission, the game loads all the background stuff too, so you can go anywhere you want to play. You don't have to stay where the mission is. One mission included starts at Saipan, so you could head over to Midway or Pearl. You could do this one mission at a time. Problem is you can't refuel or reload without restarting. But I could put in a Jap navy base at Saipan so you could, it wouldn't be the same as a campaign, you wouldn't get those beautiful medals.

I'll put in the base and upload it, if you want to use it,ok. If not maybe someone else will. It's up at filefront "Maya Task Force and Refit" I put the refit at Wake Island. I hope the refit works the same as with a sub. I never tried it.

http://files.filefront.com/Maya+Task.../fileinfo.html

Peabody

Old 07-07-08, 03:26 AM   #6
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18
Default bridge

Ok I re-worked the Bridge, had to flip a few faces, and I exported it using channel 2 from 3ds.

in the .rar you have the uv file and the obj file, here's a screenshot :

download link :

http://files.filefront.com/Maya+towe.../fileinfo.html

Last edited by keltos01; 07-07-08 at 03:47 AM.
keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-11, 02:28 PM   #7
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488
Default are you sure?

really? all i have is an unexpected error all the time please friend i am really sad now.....
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 07:21 AM   #8
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Default about maya

please make it career playble
Old 02-17-11, 11:07 AM   #9
L.T
Torpedoman

Downloads: 25

All i can say is that im looking at files, and that i will do for some time more. Since i dont know any short cuts its about compairing files.

But its not forgotten, just hard when im torn between 3 games and one of them right now require my precence as fleetcoomander lol....

I post when i have any news, but again nothing gets public before there is a okay from peabody

L.T
L.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-13, 05:24 AM   #10
phenomic
Seaman

Downloads: 45
new download link

maybe it gives a new download link? oO the other links not work :/
phenomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-13, 09:15 AM   #11
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

you want the maya? be aware she is not have any damage repair....
Old 02-06-13, 11:03 AM   #12
phenomic
Seaman

Downloads: 45
Default Maja

Yep i search the ship =)
phenomic is offline   Reply With Quote