SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-14, 05:58 PM   #76
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

A warm welcome “Amazigh1337“ to the Subsim family.

You will always find someone here to help you.

Link to my SH5 post:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-14, 04:48 PM   #77
Amazigh1337
Seaman

Downloads: 25
[QUOTE=THEBERBSTER;2210299]A warm welcome “Amazigh1337“ to the Subsim family.

Thanks skipper, but ur a bit late with that, tho, true, its my first post on SH5 forum part. noticed the dificulties people had with that carrier mission so i gave a detailed "report" of when, where and how i found the carrier(s)
Amazigh1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 12:36 PM   #78
Shadow4869
Watch

Downloads: 16

I'm working on the start of this one. It sent me to the island port Scapa Flow.
THere I sunk the Queen Elizabeth. About 10 minutes later as I was slipping out of port. She apeared again, right where I sunk her? She is at the bottom of the Harbour!!!! How can she be in the same spot undamaged again!

Also when I sunk her the first time I got no message saying that I sunk her.

Edit:

Ok, in the captains log it is saying that objective complete. Infiltrate Scapa Flow and sink any Capitol ships there. So the odd thing... THe Queen still floats unscathed, or I should say the Queen Version 2 lol! Anyways, on to start trying to find the other ships to blow up:P
Shadow4869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 07:44 PM   #79
airwolf3924
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

I have watched youtube vids, read forum posts, anything to help. Here is my problem: Mission bars do not fill.

Yes im in the mission area.
Yes i have completed patrol missions that pop up once in awhile.
Yes the patrol mission has a check mark by it and says: completed
Yes i patroled around the patrol marker for 3 in game days AFTER i completed it... just to be sure.

And yet when i go back to the britian coast line, THE BAR DOESNT MOVE.
I have sunk 200k worth of boats off the coast, no bar movement.
I have restarted the game from the beginning 4 TIMES!! And each time it goes to ~40% and stops.

I bought this game off of steam. The only thing i can think of according to the forums are pirated games. This is not a pirated game, and my game is on U play. This is such a fun game, but damn why cant i move on?

- Quick note, im blasting these merchant ships (yes ONLY merchants) in the HARBORS also. You want to talk about "along the coast" that is as close as it gets.
airwolf3924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-14, 08:00 PM   #80
airwolf3924
Swabbie

Here is a post i found from 4 years ago. This is exactly what is happening to me.:

I have been able to start a campaign, and then restart the campaign to select which mission I want to do.

But then, after I go and complete the mission (Primary objectives achieved), and I sink enough tonnage to meet the requirements, the game doesn't recognize it. Even after I complete it, I get no credit, and the mission remains available.

So far, I've received two medals, promoted my crew, upgraded my old sub, received a new sub, but I haven't technically 'completed' any missions, even though I have met all the requirements.

Is this happening to anyone else?

And also, is the little bar below the Iron cross on the map supposed to fill up as you tally up your tonnage?
Old 07-11-14, 10:12 AM   #81
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Default Game not updating

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf3924 View Post
Here is a post i found from 4 years ago. This is exactly what is happening to me.:

I have been able to start a campaign, and then restart the campaign to select which mission I want to do.

But then, after I go and complete the mission (Primary objectives achieved), and I sink enough tonnage to meet the requirements, the game doesn't recognize it. Even after I complete it, I get no credit, and the mission remains available.

So far, I've received two medals, promoted my crew, upgraded my old sub, received a new sub, but I haven't technically 'completed' any missions, even though I have met all the requirements.

Is this happening to anyone else?

And also, is the little bar below the Iron cross on the map supposed to fill up as you tally up your tonnage?
Hello Airwolf,
I'd like to help but I need to know a few things more about your setup. Are you playing the 'steam' version of SH5?
If so, you may want to get the CD version.
If not.
Tell us if you've patched the game to 1.02
Are you using mods, if so, you might list them.
It sounds to me like your game is not patched or there is an install problem. Usually this type of fundamental game function is quickly corrected and we should be able to track the problem down but we need to know a bit more.
UPDATE: I just read down a bit, and you are using a steam version. I don't know much about this version of SH5 save that it really limits you from a lot of mods ect.
I believe that you still need to patch the game to 1.02. If I'm not mistaken, if you do not have this patched, you will encounter many such flaws. I suggest getting the CD, it's really going to make this experience 10 times greater.

Cheers
D40
Old 07-11-14, 02:18 PM   #82
airwolf3924
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
Hello Airwolf,
I'd like to help but I need to know a few things more about your setup. Are you playing the 'steam' version of SH5?
If so, you may want to get the CD version.
If not.
Tell us if you've patched the game to 1.02
Are you using mods, if so, you might list them.
It sounds to me like your game is not patched or there is an install problem. Usually this type of fundamental game function is quickly corrected and we should be able to track the problem down but we need to know a bit more.
UPDATE: I just read down a bit, and you are using a steam version. I don't know much about this version of SH5 save that it really limits you from a lot of mods ect.
I believe that you still need to patch the game to 1.02. If I'm not mistaken, if you do not have this patched, you will encounter many such flaws. I suggest getting the CD, it's really going to make this experience 10 times greater.

Cheers
D40
I just canned the steam version and bought the DVD version and downloaded it off of amazon. I was able to complete the british coast mission with no problems. But now the Southwest approach isnt registering at all. ARG!

I even patroled the area it told me to for 4 days, suck 2 ships (no credit) then went smack dab in the middle of the mission zone (which is massive btw) and sunk 5 more... no credit. Why does this game hate me?

P.S where do i find to see what update my game is? When i first lauched it, i saw it update a file, but im not sure what number it is.

edit: i found the 1.02 file on the ubi website but when i download and go to install it, i get a messege that says "this patch cannot be installed with the current game version"

help
Old 07-11-14, 07:19 PM   #83
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome Aboard

airwolf3924

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-14, 07:33 PM   #84
airwolf3924
Swabbie

ok, ive figured out that it is tied to those damn missions. After you take a mission, and you do the 'patrol' sometimes it works.... when it doesnt you have to go all the way, get a new patrol, complete it, then it might work after that. now im at Weserbung.. and once again nothing records. ******* Ubi for real. So im on the way back. HOPEFULLY i can get back in time before the dates close.

I have never put up with so much **** from a game b4. Too bad that when it works it is a ton of fun.
Old 07-11-14, 07:46 PM   #85
airwolf3924
Swabbie

nope bar still not filling. im done. **** this game. im over it.
Old 07-12-14, 04:58 AM   #86
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim airwolf3924. It would be appreciated if you would post appropriate terminology, something more acceptable for the auto censor.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-14, 12:25 PM   #87
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default FAQ

The rule as clearly set forth: "Please use language that you would use around your mother. No vulgarities, obscenities, hate speech, or foul language. Do not use *******ing w*rds with aster*cks, that's the same thing as vulgar language. Express yourself with respect to others."

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-14, 07:20 AM   #88
moha14881
Loader

Downloads: 264
SHO

I sank 2 armed troop transports for 10% hull damage and after repairs sank the carrier for 31% hull damage!!! the thing is both ship types go very fast in the dark!!!
Now for one or two more before heading back for repairs!!!!
moha14881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-15, 09:46 AM   #89
Bravo
Watch

Downloads: 4

I sunk the Aircraft carrier in the shaded area and it doesn't fill up the bar. I have already done the AMC things. Why doesn't it recognise I've sunk the aircraft carrier ?
Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-15, 11:11 AM   #90
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Bravo

If my memory is correct Blockade of Germany is from the stock game.

The mission icon should tell you what the objective is.

The AC is in a later mission.

The AC sinking will appear in the captain,s log but is not part of your objective.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote