SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-08-16, 05:34 PM   #3061
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That went quicker than I expected... 'course, I got sunk, so... Anyway jldjs, Top to Bottom, Left to Right: 1a. Game resolution at my display's "Native" 1280x1024, basically square. Matches my Windows setting.- 2a. Ship 3d detail is Low- 3a. Char Detail is Off- 4a. Particles Density is Middle- 5a. Terrain Objects Density is Middle- 6a. Terrain objects LOD size is Middle = Everything in the middle column is un-checked = Right column 1c. 3d Ship wake Off- 2c. Detailed wave ripple is Off- 3c. Ship Normal Mips is Checked- 4c. Ship Caustic is Checked- 5c. Texture quality high is Off- 6c. Vertical Sync is Off. Now, I'm no video expert, and haven't a clue as to which of the above settings takes the most resources, but I can definitely tell "quicker" response (a relative term with my computer... lol) when I turn anything off or lower...

And I might turn the 3c and 4c back off... I got sunk this last round because the computer still can't keep up (my poor 20 y.o. AGP vid card), and when I pushed the down scope button, apparently the computer didn't "see" my request, so as I was turning to bring the rear tubes to bear on an approaching DD bent on my destruction, he followed my every move while I was on the torpedo screen... - think Maxwell Smart: Would you believe? the ole "leave the periscope up so he can follow my every move" trick? Brought him right to me...

You should get much better performance than me with this relic of a card.
Thanks I'll play around with these. I've played some single missions and just started a career on a Sargo from Manilla, Dec 8. The visuals are outstanding, have incurred a couple of CTDs in Convoy College and also saw the ship skinning problems already posted. But, this is an invigorating version to play and am looking forward to the future Mods. You guys on this team deserve congratulations from all of us that enjoy this sim. Thank you all.
Old 12-08-16, 06:10 PM   #3062
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Good evening cdrsubron7, Hope your well?

Just to confirm;

I have a clean version of SH4
+ Unified fixes for SH4
+ v0.40
+ LAA

There no tga files present within the sea or air folders of my installation.

It's nice to be back online again - have i missed much?

Maru Mod v0.40 is 99% updated and will be ready for this weekend.

Just for the record, the above is the Shirutsuyu.cfg from the Sea Folder in my current version. Note the NDD_Shiratsuyu_sil.tga in the forth row 1st to the right. Was just pointing it out nothing more.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 06:14 PM   #3063
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Glad you got your internet back s7rikeback!
Ditto, welcome back s7rikeback.

Old 12-08-16, 07:49 PM   #3064
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Thanks I'll play around with these. I've played some single missions and just started a career on a Sargo from Manilla, Dec 8. The visuals are outstanding, have incurred a couple of CTDs in Convoy College and also saw the ship skinning problems already posted. But, this is an invigorating version to play and am looking forward to the future Mods. You guys on this team deserve congratulations from all of us that enjoy this sim. Thank you all.
Are you talking about the Submarine School missions? Which one did you CTD in? I'm missing ships in a couple that worked fine in the 30 version, but aren't there now in the 40, so we're going to have to sic eagle-eyed cdrsubron7 on 'em... EAGLE-eyed! EAGLE!!! not evil... you people...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 07:53 PM   #3065
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
(pic)...
Just for the record, the above is the Shirutsuyu.cfg from the Sea Folder in my current version. Note the NDD_Shiratsuyu_sil.tga in the forth row 1st to the right. Was just pointing it out nothing more.
We were discussing that in a PM, apparently caused by some "delete" stuff missing that we're looking into. Nothing important really, the sil files are the little doo-dads you see in the RecMan, and there are dds files of them all. Just extra chaffe...

Old 12-08-16, 08:05 PM   #3066
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
We were discussing that in a PM, apparently caused by some "delete" stuff missing that we're looking into. Nothing important really, the sil files are the little doo-dads you see in the RecMan, and there are dds files of them all. Just extra chaffe...
It's what I figured............

Old 12-08-16, 08:30 PM   #3067
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

The ships .sil image file is for displaying the ships image in the Recognition Manual......nothing more.

It can be a .dds image file, or a .tga image file...makes no difference. Except that a .dds image is considered an inferior image file due to the fact that the more you mess with it, the less detail will be retained on the subsequent saves for the image.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 08:33 PM   #3068
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

AI Tirpitz and Bismarck.rar is now in the Core Mod Some Assembly Required directory at Area 51. S7rikeback, you're the one to check it out as they have full damage modeling but we want to avoid name conflicts, especially.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 08:37 PM   #3069
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
We're just trying to breathe some life and enthusiasm back into this old bird! Maybe you CAN go back to the mountaintop.
Old 12-09-16, 12:26 AM   #3070
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1110
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post

Thats cool, need to check every detail before its ready..

Thanks for the welcome back..
Old 12-09-16, 05:07 AM   #3071
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Are you talking about the Submarine School missions?
Which one did you CTD in?
I'm missing ships in a couple that worked fine in the 30 version, but aren't there now in the 40, so we're going to have to sic eagle-eyed cdrsubron7 on 'em... EAGLE-eyed! EAGLE!!! not evil... you people...
No, not Sub school, sorry I didn't record details, I reloaded from my save and changed
direction of travel.

I had started my career Dec 8 and was patrolling Convoy College, the second I think was again in Convoy College on first patrol out of Surabaya. Again, I reloaded from a save and finished. Tell me if there is something I should record that helps diagnose.
Old 12-09-16, 07:40 AM   #3072
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Thats cool, need to check every detail before its ready..

Thanks for the welcome back..
Windows 10 explorer looks more like Linux than Windows 7 Explorer. I don't like the ribbon interface. It just takes menu items and occupies 20% of your real estate 100% of the time. Terrible waste of space. But it's attractive enough.
Old 12-09-16, 08:15 AM   #3073
propbeanie

Quote:
No, not Sub school, sorry I didn't record details, I reloaded from my save and changed
direction of travel.

I had started my career Dec 8 and was patrolling Convoy College, the second I think was again in Convoy College on first patrol out of Surabaya. Again, I reloaded from a save and finished. Tell me if there is something I should record that helps diagnose.
OK, map location Convoy College... My poor brain... The simple things confound me. They say the hair is the second thing to go. I just wish I could remember what was first... I'll have to ask my wife.

Hopefully, what cdrsubron7 has found in some of the campaign files will reduce the incidence of that even more (the CTDs that is, not my brain fahrtz). If you do happen to CTD, definitely let us know, with as much detail as you can, especially location and date, as close as you can get. You most likely encountered an invalid ship, which caused the CTD.

Old 12-09-16, 10:47 AM   #3074
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Will do, happy to help if I can.
Old 12-09-16, 03:18 PM   #3075
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Windows 10 explorer looks more like Linux than Windows 7 Explorer. I don't like the ribbon interface. It just takes menu items and occupies 20% of your real estate 100% of the time. Terrible waste of space. But it's attractive enough.
Oh RR, please do get me started on what I hate about my new windows 10 install

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon

Last edited by max-peck; 12-09-16 at 04:38 PM.
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote