Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-18, 01:02 AM   #5086
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I love it when weather gets mistaken for climate.

https://voxeu.org/article/stable-gen...ect-us-economy

Similiar mistakes were made with regard to sinking unemployment rates. The government counted just the total number of employed, and gave just that number. Whether employed people could make a living of their job, not to mention: form reserves to have saving they could live of when they grew old - that was totally ignored. And like in Germany, the US numbers on unemployment suddenly did not look all that great again when these longterm social effects got factored in. The so-called "working poor" have increased. Its getting worse. In Germany as well, btw, same phenomenon here.
Old 07-28-18, 04:25 AM   #5087
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Good for America, but Trump does not deserve being hailed for it.

"In fact, Mr. Trump didn't inherit a fixer-upper economy.
The U.S. economy just entered its 10th year of growth, a recovery that began under President Barack Obama, who inherited the Great Recession. The data show that the falling unemployment rate and gains in home values reflect the duration of the recovery, rather than any major changes made since 2017 by the Trump administration."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-gdp-...ally-standard/

@Skybird Stop your posting, you are making way too much sense

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 07-28-18 at 04:33 AM.
Old 07-28-18, 08:05 AM   #5088
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
So what are you saying Dowly, that I'm a nut and a crazy? I thought you'd already learned your lesson about personal attacks...

I think he is saying you used the words nuts and crazies in describing liberals who attack Trump...and that is ironic if you are believing there is a Deep State, which is considered out of the ordinary.
Old 07-28-18, 09:23 AM   #5089
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I think he is saying you used the words nuts and crazies in describing liberals who attack Trump...and that is ironic if you are believing there is a Deep State, which is considered out of the ordinary.

Judging by his post history I seriously doubt that. Remember this is a person who has publicly called for my murder right here in this forum so I tend to see anything he addresses to me as the threat that it probably is.

As for the Deep State I don't believe there is an organized group with membership cards and a weekly newsletter, it's just some partisans, mostly politically appointed creeps, who tried to influence the outcome of the last election and they got caught because the wrong person won.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 07-28-18, 10:18 AM   #5090
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Stop with the fake outrage, August.
Old 07-28-18, 12:28 PM   #5091
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
mostly politically appointed creeps, who tried to influence the outcome of the last election and they got caught because the wrong person won.
The old naive me thought that taking a government paycheck should prevent being able to vote while receiving said paycheck. The new me see's that it's much worse than that.

Limited Government all the way!
Old 07-28-18, 01:43 PM   #5092
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Judging by his post history I seriously doubt that. Remember this is a person who has publicly called for my murder right here in this forum so I tend to see anything he addresses to me as the threat that it probably is.

Well - if this is tyrannicide, it has always been a tried and tested means against enemies of the people.

Do not understand your excitement.

Old 07-28-18, 02:09 PM   #5093
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Here and there I have tried to followed the debate about The President Mr. Trump and I have come to the conclusion that:

Each debater, is doing their best to make the worst of their opponent

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 07-28-18, 04:12 PM   #5094
Catfish

For UCrank, since you said Trudeau is not your president:
Why they hate Canada, and what it stands for.
Unfortunately it seems the the UK does not come anywhere near Canada, when it comes to those certain points.

Old 07-28-18, 06:10 PM   #5095
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
For UCrank, since you said Trudeau is not your president:
I hope you realize that was a joke. You know making fun of the snowflakes who said Trump is not my President. And by the way Trudeau is not my president. He's my Prime minister. And he's an idiot.

As for Mr. Heyman. Please. The guy's a Democrat apointed by Barak Obama. From his Wiki page...

Quote:
Heyman and his wife have been prominent donors to President Obama since 2007 and have been some of his top fund raisers. In 2012, both he and his wife served on Obama’s National Finance Committee tasked with raising funds for Obama's re-election campaign.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Heyman

Nothing like rewarding your supporters with cushy diplomatic appointments. Hardly an impartial voice.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-28-18, 11:32 PM   #5096
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Nothing like rewarding your supporters with cushy diplomatic appointments. Hardly an impartial voice.
True, but that's a time-honored tradition. He wasn't impartial when he was a "prominent donor". Why should he change after the man he helped returned the favor? It's the way things work in Washington (and ever other center of government I've ever heard of).
Old 07-29-18, 05:07 AM   #5097
Catfish

@uCrank You mean Steven Harper was better? Or Trump would be?
Trudeau has an agenda alright. He makes some bad decisions, alright. What do you think Trump does? By all means, who do you think is the better man?

It is all more about voting against someone, instead of for some person, and their views. People are sheep when it comes to voting, it is about gut feelings, not facts

Old 07-29-18, 05:47 AM   #5098
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
True, but that's a time-honored tradition. He wasn't impartial when he was a "prominent donor". Why should he change after the man he helped returned the favor? It's the way things work in Washington (and ever other center of government I've ever heard of).
Oh I agree with you. I don't expect him to change. The banner at the bottom of the screen says he is the former US ambassador to Canada. It doesn't give his political affiliation or his fund raising efforts on behalf of the person who appointed him which I was merely pointing out.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-29-18, 06:36 AM   #5099
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Good for America, but Trump does not deserve being hailed for it.

"In fact, Mr. Trump didn't inherit a fixer-upper economy.
The U.S. economy just entered its 10th year of growth, a recovery that began under President Barack Obama, who inherited the Great Recession. The data show that the falling unemployment rate and gains in home values reflect the duration of the recovery, rather than any major changes made since 2017 by the Trump administration."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-gdp-...ally-standard/

:

That's interesting. When Trumpo was running for President, he claimed he had ideas that could get the GDP up to 4+% and all his expert critics dismissed this as wishful thinking. They said he was wrong, it couldn't happen. What they did not do is state "yes, the US economy is headed to 4% growth thanks to Obama's policies." They had no clue this economic recovery was coming.

From 2016
Quote:
Nearly every proposal that Trump has made, whether his tax proposal or his plan to deport the estimated 11 million immigrants who are living in the country illegally, led to a lower estimate of gross domestic product in the Moody's model.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...t-zandi-2016-6
Old 07-29-18, 06:49 AM   #5100
Catfish

^ economics already predicted that at the end of 2017 and in january 2017, probably not certain politicians. In the US there seems to be a trend showing an upturn of economics since around a decade, it is also understood that while certain decisons have an impact on economics, some tend to overstate the degree to which a president has the ability to influence it.
Whatever, the economy is what it is, thanks to ...? We will see how good it fares in the next year(s).

We are currently looking for soy bean recipes, since it looks as we have to eat 10 kilograms per week and person soon

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter