Closed Thread

Old 07-26-18, 04:42 PM   #5071
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Its hard to form a plan, a long term vision or whatever, if your awareness span reaches just from one Tweet to the next.

I think this statement more accurately describes the nuts who loose their minds every time he makes a tweet than it does the President who makes them (in order to make the aforementioned liberal crazies go ballistic and show themselves to be the nuts they are).

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 07-26-18, 04:58 PM   #5072
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

You are free to also believe the grass is blue and the sky is green, and water flows upwards and towards the well.
Old 07-26-18, 05:11 PM   #5073
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
yup, this is the Reason we like Trump. Article in GQ on the Inside story of the release of Otto Warmbier from North Korea. Obama tried to get him home, but the North Koreans just ignored him.

When Trump found out Otto was in a coma, he ordered an american plane to fly to Pyongyang and informed the North Koreans the plane was coming:

Don't know if he can get away with that with the Turks holding the American pastor but it's good to see he's continuing to try to get our people back from the regimes that are holding them.

Quote:
the more foreigners complain, the more you know he is on the right track.

My personal approval rating of Trump increases with every negative post here.

Old 07-26-18, 05:18 PM   #5074
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
You are free to also believe the grass is blue and the sky is green, and water flows upwards and towards the well.

Well duh!, of course I could believe in those things, but I don't.

Except if we're talking about certain types of American lawn seed or the the Aurora Borealis or the Leidenfrost effect, then you would be advised to believe in them too.

Old 07-26-18, 05:28 PM   #5075
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
That is correct Dowly. I believe, but can't find a source that says that the FISA warrant can gain access to previous communications, emails, phone records etc. Or maybe I just dreamed that.

Umm... a warrant would give access to all pertinent evidence including existing communications, letters, emails, etc., and that would, particularly in the case of emails, include currently archived communications; if the investigators were to find a reference to a relevant prior communication, say a response to a cited exchange, any competent investigator would seek to find the contents of the referred to item, if only to affirm the context of the current item; investigations do not just cover what one finds at the time of the warrants execution, they cover any and all paths of inquiry pertinent to the investigation; by your statement, it appears you would say a suspect in a crime could not have any of his records or communications dated prior to the execution of a warrant scrutinized as means of learning the full extent of his crimes and the possible involvement of others in the commission of the act; imagine how effective anti-terrorism would be under your 'guidelines'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Possibly. From the linked article....

Quote:
Quote:
The president’s legal team is concerned that Mueller and his staff might believe witnesses who contradicted Trump’s account, such as former FBI Director James Comey, Giuliani said. That could leave the president vulnerable to a perjury charge, he added.
Trump should not submit to any interviews by Mueller's team. Not without a subpoena, and then fight that. Mueller's friendship with Comey is a glaring conflict of interest.

In my humble opinion.

... or is the real reason the president's legal team is concerned is something as simple as they know Trump is a pathological liar with such a tenuous grasp of morality and reality he would follow his natural tendencies and just flat out lie and impeach himself? If they were of any certainty of the solidity of their defense, they would not be so terrified of letting loose the Lying Kraken...er, um... Trump to open questioning...

Quote:

Oh, and he does, he does...

<O>
Old 07-26-18, 06:25 PM   #5076
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
by your statement, it appears you would say a suspect in a crime could not have any of his records or communications dated prior to the execution of a warrant scrutinized as means of learning the full extent of his crimes and the possible involvement of others in the commission of the act;
Wow that's a stretch. I said no such thing. Dowly made a correction of my statement about Carter Page. I agreed with him. I said, quote... "I believe, but can't find a source that says that the FISA warrant can gain access to previous communications, emails, phone records etc."

Explain how you get "it appears you would say a suspect in a crime could not have any of his records or communications dated prior to the execution of a warrant scrutinized" from that. Or am I missing something?

The whole point of that response to Dowly was that although Page was no longer a member of the Trump campaign, he and any one he communicated with at any time, including the President, was under surveillance.

Quote:
... or is the real reason the president's legal team is concerned is something as simple as they know Trump is a pathological liar with such a tenuous grasp of morality and reality he would follow his natural tendencies and just flat out lie and impeach himself?
No one is arguing that point. At least not me.

On the other hand, why cooperate with Mueller? With the FISA warrants, the Steele dossier, Strzok and Page, Comey and the rest of the clown show the whole thing is a joke. If Mueller thinks he can subpoena the President, let him. I think the fact that he hasn't so far speaks volumes.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 07-26-18, 07:56 PM   #5077
August
Wayfaring Stranger

This whole game is going to ramp up over the next few months as the election draws near. Rosenstein and the rest are hoping to run out the clock in hopes of a Democrat controlled congress squashing further inquiry.

Old 07-27-18, 01:37 AM   #5078
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I just hope Trump does not raise the price of popcorn

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-27-18, 05:51 AM   #5079
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

As long as it is not imported popcorn, we in the US will be ok
Old 07-27-18, 06:33 AM   #5080
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Diagnosed pattern by Thomas Fricke:

>>> What Trump has been doing for a year and a half follows quite clearly a rather typical pattern of right-wing saviors: First, great devastation is diagnosed, enemy images shaped and intensified by (mostly) selective perception; then the great threat is summoned; finally to promise the great salvation by the Me-God-Company. For Trump, the enemies are sometimes the Mexicans, sometimes Islam, sometimes the Chinese, sometimes the North Koreans, sometimes the EU, and sometimes the Germans. Actually, poor America is surrounded by evil. Where all these evils have in common that they threaten the United States in any way. And the only one who can stop that? Is, of course, the Big Dealmaker!
(...)
If the pattern is correct, it is quite easy to explain why Donald Trump used to vilify the North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un - and then unexpectedly meet him for the great (sham) salvation summit. Similar pattern in the Russian. Or just now with peckish mate Juncker, whose EU he declared a few days ago as an enemy - to now, hallelujah, to find that the EU and the US "love" each other again (which again does not give a nice idea). Thanks to Wunderdealer Trump.

If that's true, Trump's success with its own voters depends heavily on whether and how it succeeds in restarting the scam over and over again - and always finding new (or new) old enemies.Which in turn could explain, regardless of any other pathology, why the redeeming dealmaker becomes so irrationally abruptly the warmonger again, the Germans (or Chinese or who-ever-always) unexpectedly again declared fearsome beings that must be heroically combated. Go back to the start.

Losers do not become winners so fast

Neither punitive tariffs nor a zero duty deal will change much that the US buys much more abroad (and also from Germany) than they sell there themselves. The tariffs on steel imports have even added to the US auto industry because corporations are now paying more for the steel they need to make their cars. The reduction of tariffs would, conversely, and if at all, benefit the Germans as much as the Americans did. Even so, the huge US external trade deficit would not be smaller. It could even get bigger, especially as the reduced taxes cause the Americans to spend more and then automatically import more. The losers of globalization will not be winners in a hurry.

There is little evidence that the displeasure of many Trump voters disappears just because Trump and Juncker have made a deal. All the more suggests that soon follow the next tirades of the US President - and then meets the enemy election again, the Germans and the local economy. Not because there are good reasons, but because someone like Trump needs such beautiful enemies for political success; In the long run the prohibitive high export volumes are only a welcome occasion.<<<

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soz...a-1220372.html
Old 07-27-18, 06:35 AM   #5081
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I think this statement more accurately describes the nuts who loose their minds every time he makes a tweet than it does the President who makes them (in order to make the aforementioned liberal crazies go ballistic and show themselves to be the nuts they are).
That's a lot of "nuts" and "crazies" thrown around by someone who believes in the 'Deep State' conspiracy theory.

EDIT: This must've been awkward -- Mueller and Donald Trump Jr. (in teal shirt) happened to be at the same gate at Reagan National.

Last edited by Dowly; 07-27-18 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-27-18, 06:38 PM   #5082
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

They're probably fishing buddies.

Meanwhile: U.S. Economic Growth At 4.1 Percent For 2nd Quarter

Back in 2017 (1:54)

Bam! Take that, suckas
Old 07-27-18, 07:23 PM   #5083
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
That's a lot of "nuts" and "crazies" thrown around by someone who believes in the 'Deep State' conspiracy theory.

So what are you saying Dowly, that I'm a nut and a crazy? I thought you'd already learned your lesson about personal attacks...

Old 07-27-18, 07:32 PM   #5084
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
They're probably fishing buddies.

Meanwhile: U.S. Economic Growth At 4.1 Percent For 2nd Quarter

Back in 2017 (1:54)

Bam! Take that, suckas

Old 07-27-18, 09:20 PM   #5085
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter