SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-21, 04:01 PM   #12706
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Vice President Mike Pence could very well become the next POTUS before President elect Biden.

The days are just like sand in the hour glass ...

President Trump isn't stepping down voluntarily that's for sure

I'm worried about Trumps little visit to Alamo, Texas tomorrow with Iran's bounty on his head.

It's not the Alamo in San Antonio it's a little town in South Texas

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/San+...6854!3e0?hl=en
Actually, Pence will pardon Trump as Ford did for his suzerain, Tricky Dick Nixon. Alamo Texas is right over the rio from Reynosa
Mexico; my sources tell me the Russian consul, a bag of rubles, and a personal "job well done" note from his suzerain: ol' Vlad Putin await him.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 01-11-21, 04:19 PM   #12707
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
And just what is that incapacity?
It doesn't matter. As I said, there is no evaluation intended (there was an initiative in 1996 aiming at a mandatory participation of the President's medical attendant or the official White House physician in the process, but it was not approved). An agreement is required, that's all. If the constitutional bodies agree the President has to be removed, because he is a fanatical numismatist - so be it.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)

Last edited by skidman; 01-11-21 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-11-21, 04:25 PM   #12708
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Oops.
Old 01-11-21, 04:50 PM   #12709
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
It doesn't matter.
Technically speaking no. But the precedent it would set if such a thing were done would do great harm to the Republic. And that is probably why it has never been done before and probably won't be done now. This would not be a decision that Pence would make on his own. I would think he is on very solid legal ground to say no. So I am not saying it can't be done. Just that it shouldn't. Imagine for a moment that Joe Biden is not the President that Pelosi, Harris and the squad want him to be. What kind of stability would there be in Washington if Presidents can be remove for any reason that can be dreamed up?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-11-21, 05:03 PM   #12710
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Armed protests being planned at all 50 state capitols, FBI bulletin says.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-prot..._live_hero_hed

Last edited by Skybird; 01-11-21 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-11-21, 05:09 PM   #12711
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Armed protests being planned at all 50 state capitols, FBI bulletin says.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-prot..._live_hero_hed
^ yes I saw that too ... thought I would just sit on it though.

Looks bad, uh?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 01-11-21, 05:32 PM   #12712
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Call people terrorists and take away their right to earn a living and what is left but tearing the whole thing down?

Quote:
The trouble with alienating Middle America

Donald Trump is not the left’s real target. We — anyone who holds conservative principles — are the target

Jane Stannus

You’ve got to admire the left. Granted, they own the internet, the media, the courts (apparently) and now the government, so it’s not like they’re working against insurmountable odds. But still, it’s remarkable that they’ve managed to achieve the seemingly impossible: uniting America.I beg your pardon? Oh yes, they’ve united America — or the America that counts, anyway: the ruling class — and in the cleverest way imaginable. Instead of issuing boring platitudes like ‘we must unite for the sake of our nation’ and ‘this is not a time for stoking divisions’, they’ve found a scapegoat we can all come together in condemning. No, not Donald Trump; a good half of the country still likes him and clearly isn’t about to change its mind. No: the enemy we can all, left and right, join in deploring with equal contempt, that fearsome manifestation of unwashed humanity, the Trump supporter. At best, he’s an enabler; at worst, a domestic terrorist. (Speaking of which, who put those pipe bombs in the two parties’ headquarters? And why is there more excitement about a guy in a fur hat in the Speaker’s chair than about the fact that someone planted two bombs in government buildings?)
Anyone who doesn’t agree to identify events as not the impulsive behavior of a few hotheads but a deliberate fomentation of the entire Trump movement is himself a traitor, a supporter of mob rule. The message is plain: if you don’t agree Donald Trump is responsible for this not-terribly-earthshaking act of violence, then you have no future in the leadership of America.
Yes, there was trespassing on the hallowed ground of government. But it’s ironic that people who have spent the last four years attacking the formerly sacrosanct office of the president of the United States with a virulence and a hatred that passes anything seen before in the history of America, literally calling for his death, disgrace, silencing and imprisonment on multiple platforms all day, every day, as the international community looked on and rejoiced at America’s weakness — these people are now getting uptight about the holy ground of government. I have heard of exactly one (1) lectern and two (2) computers reported missing from the Capitol. You’d get more stuff stolen during a fire drill at your college library.
But all that doesn’t matter. Those who like to consider themselves the ‘adults’ of America are now united in agreeing that this was a planned act of insurrection. Anyone who doesn’t agree to identify events as not the impulsive behavior of a few hotheads but a deliberate fomentation of the entire Trump movement is himself a traitor, a supporter of mob rule. The message is plain: if you don’t agree Donald Trump is responsible for this not-terribly-earthshaking act of violence, then you have no future in the leadership of AmericaThis is insane on so many levels. But it’s mostly insane because it is entirely without thought for the consequences. A huge percentage of America — we could call them Middle America, but it’s bigger than that — still loves Donald Trump and thinks he and they have been treated unfairly. Does today’s leadership seriously want to alienate a huge percentage of a population that already feels disenfranchised? The question is no longer — and never really has been — whether Donald Trump believes the election was fair. The question is, does America believe it was fair? And is it really a good idea to keep telling Middle America, in particular, to sit down and shut up?
The condescending and divisive language, the over-wrought name-calling, the stifling of alternate points of view — all this has to stop. 99.99 percent of Trump supporters do not support breaking the law. Their concerns need to be heard in a transparent, orderly, public fashion. But if they think they won’t be? What then? And once Donald Trump is gone, the leader they trusted, the one who gave the disenfranchised deplorables a voice and a chance to be heard — then who will deescalate, who will convince angry Middle America to walk out of the Capitol and go home? Not Joe Biden, who is now claiming that police were too gentle to the rioters because of racism — as if racism had anything to do with anything that happened on January 6.
https://spectator.us/alienating-middle-america-capitol/

Last edited by August; 01-11-21 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-11-21, 05:40 PM   #12713
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
That kind of double standard by liberals is nothing new. Hypocrisy is baked into their beliefs.
If you only listen to the vocal minority, sure. But there were plenty of people like me who condemned any violence that happened with the George Floyd protests.

We just don’t get any media attention, because the vocal minority is what gets ratings...

The same happens to the right. Sensible and intelligent right wingers are ignored by the media in favour of the sort of people who stormed the capitol.

It’s all because division equals profit for some people...
Old 01-11-21, 05:41 PM   #12714
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
^ yes I saw that too ... thought I would just sit on it though.
Looks bad, uh?
Looks consequentially.

One let Trump have his ways for too long, there is a price for that. The poison is out in the wild, it continues to intoxicate the minds and hearts.

I fear seriously for the US. It started like this in Germany and Austria, too, with too many - like Schwarzenegger - taking it for granted that at the end the forces of good would prevail and somethiugn good would come from what was going on. The future looked bright, the promises were sweet, the emotions went high. But the overestimating of reason and well-meaningness seems to be a constant in history. It creates the room in which malice, brutal selfishness and readiness to lie and betray can grow and foster. I like Schwarzenegger, I find him sympathetic and i liked his adress yesterday, I fully understand his intention, its not difficult to grab it after all. I just know that he is wrong in his outlook. The poison is in the wild. It does not go away. He is an optimist, I am a realist.
Old 01-11-21, 05:49 PM   #12715
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I am a realist.

For a realist reality sure seems to have abandoned you!
Old 01-11-21, 05:49 PM   #12716
Skybird
Soaring

Even Colin Powell, not forgotten for his great white powder sugar trick at the UN, has enough of his party.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/11/p...ntv/index.html
Old 01-11-21, 05:51 PM   #12717
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
This would not be a decision that Pence would make on his own. I would think he is on very solid legal ground to say no.
He does not have the guts to say yes, that's for sure. I wonder what went through his head when he heard the mob chanting they would hang him.

Quote:
So I am not saying it can't be done.
It is not unconstitutional

Quote:
Just that it shouldn't. Imagine for a moment that Joe Biden is not the President that Pelosi, Harris and the squad want him to be. What kind of stability would there be in Washington if Presidents can be remove for any reason that can be dreamed up?
Agreed. On the other hand Trump could still issue a final message calling militia and proud boys to spring to arms. A lot of things I had considered impossible have happened in the last four years. I don't want the question "Why did nobody stop him?" being asked.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
Old 01-11-21, 06:09 PM   #12718
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

My advice would be following:

1. Let Trump stay as President until Jan 20 2021.
2. If possible charge him for being the man behind the riot against Capitol Hill. In an ordinary court.
3. Reopen his Twitter account, after he has left the White House-After Jan 20 2021 he is an ordinary person with a standpoint and should have the same right as everyone else.

Markus
Old 01-11-21, 06:18 PM   #12719
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
He does not have the guts to say yes, that's for sure.
Kinda funny considering his stance when they were counting Electoral votes.

Quote:
It is not unconstitutional
I would say that if it ever came to the Supreme Court it would be found to be unconstitutional. But by then it would be to late. The damage would be done.

Quote:
On the other hand Trump could still issue a final message calling militia and proud boys to spring to arms.
Please. It won't happen.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-11-21, 06:28 PM   #12720
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
My advice would be following:

1. Let Trump stay as President until Jan 20 2021.
2. If possible charge him for being the man behind the riot against Capitol Hill. In an ordinary court.
3. Reopen his Twitter account, after he has left the White House-After Jan 20 2021 he is an ordinary person with a standpoint and should have the same right as everyone else.

Markus
Posting on Twitter isn't a right.
They are a privately held company who make their own rules. They are not affiliated with the US government.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter