SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-26-19, 03:22 PM   #1321
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Preview :

SH3 WAC5.2 (Black Sea Campaign): navigation buoys + full interior Type II (with opti ARB widegui)

ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 12:53 PM   #1322
Van der Graaf
Nub

Downloads: 17
Icon1

Hi all
First of all I wanted to thank HanSolo and every one else who was included in the process of creating this great mod! Spending your free time on making SH3 even better.
It's my first post on this forum, and I've been playing SH3 a little way back in my childhood when game came out, so it was more arcade-ish approach in my edition and now it's pleasure rediscovering this game, with mods, more knowledge, learning about tactics, RAOBF and all that stuff.
Also wanted to thank Eric for the tutorial of installation, and although it's in french, with transaltor it wasn't too big hassle
After a little of reading forums and testing, I ended up with such a list so far:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Gry\SH3-WAC\MODS]

WarAceCampaign 5.0
WarAceCampaign 5.0 Patch_5.2
Complete Sound for WAC5
black contacts
Musique Menu Gwx
M.E.P v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - Zoomable Free Camera
M.E.P v6 - VisualSensors for WAC v5.2
WAC5.2 H.sie Supplement to V16B1
EnvSimAct_10
Optimized ARB-Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920x1080 for WAC5

Seems to be working fine, but if someone more expirienced could take a look and tell if it makes sense I would be grateful, as I myself have only started journey with modding SH3.
Only to mention that I had bug with black terrain textures, even after using terrain.act file from Anvar, so I had to remove Detaile.tga file, as I couldn't even open it without error, and now coloured grounds are back maybe the fact that I have Radeon GPU is the reason
Too pity that full interiors can't be used simultaneously with optimized ARB gui tried them both in naval academy and it looked great! I see Eric, that you can run them both in black sea video, but I guess thats because of the smaller campaign files? so it's lighter for ram?
I was wondering would it be possible to make something like a "Full Interiors - Light"? Where it would contain only enhanced: command room, tower and radio room; just like vanilla game does. Maybe that way it would be lightweight enought for RAM to fit in 4 gigs restrictions of 32-bit SH3.

Anyway, thanks for great work again and I'm awed seeing how people still improve this game
Van der Graaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 03:22 PM   #1323
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Hi Van Der Graaf !

Welcome to Subsim !

I am happy if my tutorial was able to help you :-)

Your mods list is very nice !

You are right : full interior + opti ARB widegui (or another widegui) eats too much ram.

Black sea Campaign is smaller (costs less of RAM) but in more Hansolo had to reduce animations in the interior of the type II (in particular motor engines). So it works together with Opti ARB widegui !
In the pleasure !

Eric
Old 02-27-19, 04:02 PM   #1324
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27

Hey Eric, just a quick question. The optimized ARB widegui and ARB for WAC 5.2 are two different things? Right now I have ARB widegui for WAC 5.2 installed, but I couldn't see TDC switch in periscope stations. Also, I couldn't go up to X12 on my scopes with "ctrl+mouse wheel" command.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-19, 05:03 PM   #1325
ericlea
Samurai Navy

"WAC5.2 WideScreensGUI 1920x1080 Ahnenerbe" is almost the same mod than "Optimized ARB-Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920x1080 for WAC5"

but...not optimized
that is why you don't have theese enhencements...

For me (and i am not alone) best widegui choice for wac5.2 is :

Optimized ARB-Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920x1080 for WAC5 :
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=239167

all is included !

:-)

Last edited by ericlea; 02-27-19 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-28-19, 12:17 PM   #1326
Wolfcat
Chief

So going back to widegui and full interior issue, are we pretty much hitting a wall due to the limitation of this old game? Hsie can't make another patch to go up to 8gb, right?
Old 02-28-19, 01:07 PM   #1327
ericlea
Samurai Navy

limit for 32 bit is 4g ram no more :-(
Old 03-01-19, 08:48 AM   #1328
Wolfcat
Chief

That's pity. Perhaps we can try a different route. How about cut down the grand campaign into 5 smaller pieces: Arctic, North Atlantic & North Sea region, North Atlantic/American eastern seaboard, Mid Atlantic and Southern Atlantic? You can start a career in different region separately. Also anything other than North Atlantic/North Sea region, you spawn on patrol with less fuel to account for the fuel consumed in transit.

Just another weird issue. I was doing torpedo lesson in the academy in a Type VII. I surfaced, stopped and restarted my engine, but only port side propeller is working. The starboard side just doesn't spin at all. I tried full back then full ahead flank, the propeller just doesn't work. However the not spinning propeller doesn't seem to affect anything. Is this because I use the customized skins that came with WAC 5.2? I have never seen this issue before.
Old 03-01-19, 05:09 PM   #1329
ericlea
Samurai Navy

A lot of campaign divisions = complications. and in more animations must be shoot down...

once we are used to full interior and when we really play we rarely walk around...

not easy with only 4g ram...

An engine recharges batteries, the other is for the speed. then the uboat have less speed as normal. when batteries are full, the 2 engines work normally and the speed is ok. you can desactive batteries recharging to have immediately your 2 engines and normal speed. but be careful to the batteries for diving, must not be empty ^^

Last edited by ericlea; 03-01-19 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-01-19, 09:47 PM   #1330
Wolfcat
Chief

Oh, I see. Thanks for the tip. Btw, where can I see if my diesel engine is overheating? I ran on flanking speed on surface for a while then my engine is damaged.
Old 03-02-19, 03:25 AM   #1331
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

You are using every bit of your engine while using flank speed so engines after few hours get damaged.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 08:02 AM   #1332
HanSolo78
Sea Lord

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 3

@van der Graf & Wolfcat

I already worked on some of your ideas like splitting the campaign files inro different aereas. Also splitted them into different years. Unfortunately this made no big difference. Sure there were some memory improvements but like ericlea says. It will get a bit difficult to get the correct campaign.
Maybe you also noticed that I already outsourced the mediterranean campaign.
I aslo tried to split the interiors in my hope to use less RAM but the main memory is used by the activated interior.
Maybe it is possible to delete rooms to get at least some more rooms. As you say.. interior light.
I will try your way in the next months..
First the release of the black sea campaign. Then other things can be my target
Old 03-02-19, 08:35 AM   #1333
Wolfcat
Chief

@Han
Thank you very much for the education and your great mod. This is the best mod I have played so far. Perhaps we can request those Widegui authors to help optimize their mods to reduce ram usage a bit. Wir lieben dich. Du bist unser Held!!!

Oh one more quick question. My game always crashes when I am exiting the game. Have you seen this before? It is not a great deal because I can simply "ctrl+alt+del" and kill it by force. But just curious if it is just my own issue.
Old 03-02-19, 08:39 AM   #1334
Wolfcat
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
You are using every bit of your engine while using flank speed so engines after few hours get damaged.
Yeah, but I am looking for some indications for upcoming engine failure. some gauge or a crew report or something like that. Cuz sometimes when you chase your target on high TC and forget about your engine setting then "boom" engine damaged.
Old 03-02-19, 10:40 AM   #1335
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

It should be with H.sie patch kit recived such warning ,i think

Last edited by ivanov.ruslan; 03-02-19 at 10:50 AM.
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote