SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-05-16, 07:59 AM   #1696
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Thanks for the offer, pb. At the moment I don't think it's necessary. s7trikback has mentioned that the RM crashes in the Museum when he try's to view the cloned ships he's created. He might want some pictures though, let's wait and see.
I'm wondering if the added ships are pushing the limits of the "modern" computer's use of its system memory? I can get the Museum to run on my little dual-core machine with 2 gig of RAM, but if I record a busy segment of the game and try to capture a video of it, I can crash the audio engine. I've got a video of that I'll have to make up and post here after a while.

I can try to load up you guys' clones and see if the Museum still runs on my machine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
... But be aware - for some reason the cloned ships keep CTD'ing when I click on the Recognition Manual...
s7rikeback, is that the Museum, or while in-game, and periscope or TBT view?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 02:39 PM   #1697
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1109
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'm wondering if the added ships are pushing the limits of the "modern" computer's use of its system memory? I can get the Museum to run on my little dual-core machine with 2 gig of RAM, but if I record a busy segment of the game and try to capture a video of it, I can crash the audio engine. I've got a video of that I'll have to make up and post here after a while.

I can try to load up you guys' clones and see if the Museum still runs on my machine.

s7rikeback, is that the Museum, or while in-game, and periscope or TBT view?
propbeanie,

Yes it is, I do not know how to create missions - so I've done all my work in the museum.
Old 09-05-16, 02:41 PM   #1698
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I'm thinking that's true that we're pushing the limits on memory use. Any additional ships other than what are now in the core mod shouldn't be offered in the core mod. As a plugin we can offer as many ships as we want.

I'm thinking that we need to come up with the specs of a machine that can run the extra stuff. CapnScurvy already rang the alarm bell. We're very close to the point where we break the space/time continuum. More is not necessarily better unless we can recommend changes to machines that allow players to use the extra stuff!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 02:54 PM   #1699
s7rikeback
I break things

Default Cloned Ships

Just to Confirm...

• My cloned ships are fully working in the museum. I have not tested them in game or in a mission.

• They will only CTD when I click on the Recon Manual icon within the museum.

• I am only running the cloned ships in this setup.

• I have NOT added the Base Mod, this is setup in another folder.

• I have NOT added the Maru Mod, this is setup in another folder.

My plan is to make all 3 mods to run seperately with no errors and only THEN MERGE them once that has been completed.

Hope this makes more sense.

s7rikeback.
Old 09-05-16, 03:49 PM   #1700
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Just to Confirm...

• My cloned ships are fully working in the museum. I have not tested them in game or in a mission.

• They will only CTD when I click on the Recon Manual icon within the museum.

• I am only running the cloned ships in this setup.

• I have NOT added the Base Mod, this is setup in another folder.

• I have NOT added the Maru Mod, this is setup in another folder.

My plan is to make all 3 mods to run seperately with no errors and only THEN MERGE them once that has been completed.

Hope this makes more sense.

s7rikeback.
Ok, I'm now in a paradox of my own....

My simple Duo Core E4400 | 4GB Ram | 2 GB GeForce 9500 GT | Win 10 64-bit:

is showing all cloned vessels with the recognition manual showing in full glory within the museum.

However my supa dupa: AMD FX 8320 Black Edition CPU | AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GPU | Corsair 2400 MHz 2 x 8 GB Memory | win 10 64-bit

The recognition manual keeps crashes as soon as the icon is used within the muesum.
Old 09-05-16, 03:59 PM   #1701
propbeanie

Wow, like shades of "where have I heard that before?" or deja vu all over again...

My little computer here is an E4400, 2 gig of ram, Win7 (and XP). I can run the museum with no issues... My "big" computer is a Qsomething or other, several generations newer, quad-core, 8 gig of ram, and cannot run the Museum on its own...

The differences between my machines, is what's loading at start-up. I'll bet your "little" computer doesn't have half of what the bigger machine does, loading into the systray. Once I "killed" GoPro and a few other things, I can run the Museum on the "big" computer. So I went and downloaded a "Game Optimizer" proggy that will do the "killing" automatically for me, then re-enable what it "killed" when the game is finished running. Works a treat (for now).

As a test, use Task Manager, and "kill" some of the "extra" processes running, and then see if the Museum runs OK. If you make a mistake doing it that way, a re-boot should restore things the way they were...

Old 09-05-16, 04:20 PM   #1702
s7rikeback
I break things

Default Ship Project hits Beta

Good night All...

s7rikeback.
Old 09-05-16, 05:31 PM   #1703
propbeanie

Quote:
propbeanie,

Yes it is, I do not know how to create missions - so I've done all my work in the museum.
I just noticed that. It's actually much easier (though at times, more frustrating) to make a mission, compared to what you're doing with the modding. After all, even ~I~ can make a mission... There are a couple-three "tutorials" on this site and others, for "quick run-throughs" of the ME. The feller helping you, cdrsubron7, is the devil personified when it comes to Missions. If you're wanting a "parade" of the ships, cdrsubron7 can do it -AND- you get to put holes in their sides too! Lots of explosions, pretty fire...

I downloaded your mod parts, and I'll try to see if it'll "crash" my Museum, maybe make you up a parade mission too...

Old 09-05-16, 10:00 PM   #1704
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

The only thing I can add to this discussion at the minute is that I played for a couple of hours last night with s7trikback's mod installed and everything ran fine in career mode. The ships look great and everything worked great as I have mentioned.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-16, 10:13 PM   #1705
propbeanie

Does the NACA4 have a "Names" listing?

I messed something up... I was trying to combine the whole thing into one, and missed something. I crash on game load, so I'll do one at a time...

Old 09-06-16, 01:11 AM   #1706
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Does the NACA4 have a "Names" listing?

I messed something up... I was trying to combine the whole thing into one, and missed something. I crash on game load, so I'll do one at a time...

Propbeanie - make sure you DELETE THE OLD SEA AND ROSTER FOLDERS before installing these mods.

Hmm not sure with the NACA4, im currently at work, second hour of a twelve hour shift.
I will check tonight, unless one of you guys beat me to it..

cdrsubron7, The NACA4 could you find a maru class name for it?

Regards,
s7rikeback.
Old 09-06-16, 01:13 AM   #1707
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
I just noticed that. It's actually much easier (though at times, more frustrating) to make a mission, compared to what you're doing with the modding. After all, even ~I~ can make a mission... There are a couple-three "tutorials" on this site and others, for "quick run-throughs" of the ME. The feller helping you, cdrsubron7, is the devil personified when it comes to Missions. If you're wanting a "parade" of the ships, cdrsubron7 can do it -AND- you get to put holes in their sides too! Lots of explosions, pretty fire...

I downloaded your mod parts, and I'll try to see if it'll "crash" my Museum, maybe make you up a parade mission too...
The sea parade would be awesome...
Old 09-06-16, 08:38 AM   #1708
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
cdrsubron7, The NACA4 could you find a maru class name for it?
Roger that.

Quote:
The sea parade would be awesome...
Can be done, but will take a little time. Will work on both of these tonight.

Have a tee time again with the Admiral this morning and I imagine there will be drinks at the Royal Hawaiian again also.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-16, 08:56 AM   #1709
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109

It's a bit confusing to follow the progress when you don't watch the thread daily ... is there a master list of new ships added? I just would love to see the merchant marine expand, and I have spotted some nice additions along the thread, but I am not sure if some existed already and have simply been given a new skin. I hope you guys find a way to add the merchants I created, and covert some from IABL's MFM for SH3. What this game really needed was a better representation of the huge and varied japanese merchant fleet -something that made your crew earn their money when using ONI208
Old 09-06-16, 09:45 AM   #1710
propbeanie

Hitman, I'm not sure if we have a complete list of all the ships in the base mod in one place sorted out yet, but they are part of an xls spreadsheet... Just figure that all of the ships that were in the FotRS mods that AOTD-MadMax had are in there in the base mod, including the ones that he left out between versions. There are ships imported from SHIII, I'm not sure about yours yet though, but that was a topic of discussion before. We'd have to wait for the "mechanics" who've been wrenching on the ships to let us know, or else Rockin Robbins...

A lot of the "different" ships you're seeing might be max-peck and his Razzle Dazzle mod on top of the existing ships. There are other additions though, and s7rikeback and cdrsubron7 are working on an optional add-on mod where they are attempting to add the Maru nomenclature to the Japanese Merchant fleet, and keep the ships that fly foreign flags that use the same 3D model, by duplicating one or the other. I'm sure we'll have a final list shortly that someone can publish. Suffice to say, there will most likely have to be some tweaking of the campaign files to bring some into action...