SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-19-16, 03:13 PM   #1
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Warham, regarding Cpt.Serviolas's high tonnage...
I've check his log a bit and it seems that his bunker time skips are really low (5-6 days, should be 28 days with twos). Add to that arcade realism settings and the result is high tonnage score.

Anyway, no big deal in my opinion, the man is playing in his own style with most of the war days spent out at see and not in the bar with whores (450 days at sea until mid 1941-respect)...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-16, 03:14 AM   #2
Warham
Helmsman

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmic View Post
Could you add private ban button, which could generate private ban list of any user individually?

This could delegate decision to users itself
No no no. Ban is an extreme decision for only real cheaters.

Another update.

1) There was problem when someone deleted his captain also deleted captains messages in bar. So yersterday irretrievably deleted cpts Vecko's messages in the bar. I solved this issue.
2) Add filter for captains with 100% realism level. 100% realism = enabled all realism options in the game. And if you use TWoS modpack then you should use Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith and not use Winds & Smoke addon.
Warham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-16, 03:25 AM   #3
palmic
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 5

Awesome, this is enough for me!
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-16, 07:12 AM   #4
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warham View Post
No no no. Ban is an extreme decision for only real cheaters.

Another update.

1) There was problem when someone deleted his captain also deleted captains messages in bar. So yersterday irretrievably deleted cpts Vecko's messages in the bar. I solved this issue.
Aaa, that was me... I was experimenting with campaign transfers, flotillas, deleting last gamesaves , ect...

Quote:
2) Add filter for captains with 100% realism level. 100% realism = enabled all realism options in the game. And if you use TWoS modpack then you should use Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith and not use Winds & Smoke addon.
Sounds good! Will also newspaters entries be filtered besase right now we can only see Cpt.Serviolas in it?
Old 03-20-16, 08:56 AM   #5
Warham
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Sounds good! Will also newspaters entries be filtered besase right now we can only see Cpt.Serviolas in it?
Yes of course if you select the filter. The best ace of september, october and november in 1939 is vova78.
Old 03-20-16, 01:55 PM   #6
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warham View Post
Yes of course if you select the filter. The best ace of september, october and november in 1939 is vova78.
Yes I see now, excellent work!

Now can you explain a bit "Days spent in the bunker" option. Does it work and how? I usually tweak my bunker pauses by other means. Can I use KSD commander instead?
Old 03-29-16, 04:21 PM   #7
palmic
Grey Wolf

Hi Obi, you're my man, i would like more information about your setup cuz i have absolutely same taste to play totally immersive.

Especially: did you removed teleport function? What about bugs when you just hanged somewhere, behind attack periscope or so...

I would like to remove somehow initial position fix at map when you load your game save too...
Old 03-29-16, 04:42 PM   #8
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
I would like to remove somehow initial position fix at map when you load your game save too...
There is an option for everything
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 11:19 AM   #9
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Quote:

Just had an idea about this.
What if you change the color of the "C" navigation fix to clear. Then you can just have your navigator only plot his "D" fix when you want. He still takes the star shots and plots them...its just you cannot see them.

This only works if the "C" and "D" marks are seperate marks.

And the navigator still secretly knows exactly where he is at save game startup.

EDIT......actually I have a better idea........
1. Before you save and shutdown the computer get a DR fix from your navigator.
2. Put a super mark at the DR fix.
3. Shut down.
4. When you return to play load up mission and load up the super Mark from the last save.
5. Now put a NAV Mark there with the navigation marker. Now your navigator will do all DR fixes from this Mark!
6. When he gets good weather he can do a proper celestial fix but until then you can keep the errors he had before you saved and shutdown!
7. Yes the load up accurate fix will still be there but you can just ignore it and role play a little.

What do you think?

Last edited by Lanzfeld; 09-14-16 at 02:46 PM. Reason: New idea!
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-16, 02:04 AM   #10
palmic
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzfeld View Post
Just had an idea about this.
What if you change the color of the "C" navigation fix to clear. Then you can just have your navigator only plot his "D" fix when you want. He still takes the star shots and plots them...its just you cannot see them.

This only works if the "C" and "D" marks are seperate marks.

And the navigator still secretly knows exactly where he is at save game startup.

EDIT......actually I have a better idea........
1. Before you save and shutdown the computer get a DR fix from your navigator.
2. Put a super mark at the DR fix.
3. Shut down.
4. When you return to play load up mission and load up the super Mark from the last save.
5. Now put a NAV Mark there with the navigation marker. Now your navigator will do all DR fixes from this Mark!
6. When he gets good weather he can do a proper celestial fix but until then you can keep the errors he had before you saved and shutdown!
7. Yes the load up accurate fix will still be there but you can just ignore it and role play a little.

What do you think?
Hi Lanzfeld,

both idea seems good, i already did it like in your second idea before, but still was looking for fix, than just workaround.

I see problem with yur first idea, when i plot position by myself its often drawn like celestial one, so this would be hidden too...
Old 09-18-16, 11:38 AM   #11
vdr1981
Navy Seal

I'd appealed to lazy KSD users to delete their old and unused Captains .
Right now, more than 50% of captains in the list are some 0 merits leftovers from test campaigns or something. KSD loading times are getting pretty long because of this...
Old 09-20-16, 11:26 PM   #12
Warham
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I'd appealed to lazy KSD users to delete their old and unused Captains .
Right now, more than 50% of captains in the list are some 0 merits leftovers from test campaigns or something. KSD loading times are getting pretty long because of this...
Omg, there are 312 captains

I can make you app's moderator. You will be able to:
1) Remove the captains of the other players.
2) Edit their diaries.
3) See player's last date of visit.
Old 03-29-16, 04:46 PM   #13
palmic
Grey Wolf

No it isn't. I don't care if fix is shown at map or not.
I want to not have initial position knowledge at all after loading my save game.
But It seams real nav needs it...

Thanks for quick response anyway
Old 03-29-16, 05:17 PM   #14
Oby
Medic

Downloads: 458

Quote:
No it isn't. I don't care if fix is shown at map or not.
I want to not have initial position knowledge at all after loading my save game.
But It seams real nav needs it...

Thanks for quick response anyway
I think your idea is cool Palmic, but beside Sober's solution there is nothing more that can be done in current state of the SH5 as regards of map position...
Oby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-16, 05:25 PM   #15
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Those are cool screenshots Oby but at least 50% of your mods are already part of twos megamod (even of older versions) and yet, you still decide to add them from some reason. I understand you wish the best of SH5 but my impression is that you wont go far with "monster" modlist like yours...

This is just my impression and I hope I'm wrong...No hard feelings...