SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Will you still use Damage Control now that 1.4 will have hull damage displayed?
Yes 124 87.32%
No 18 12.68%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-07, 02:19 PM   #16
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2
Default Damage Control v 1.0.4.3 now available

Damage Control 1.0.4.3 is now available. There are some bug fixes that are too subtle to notice right away in that they don't crash the application, but are nevertheless critcal, as well as code optimization to make it take up less memory and also to interfere less with the game, itself.

As usual, it can be downloaded from:

http://users.gotsky.com/kaf/damage%20control/

The latest history.txt can plus an overview of the application can be found in the original post.

This is a recommended update!

Bill
billko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 11:52 AM   #17
Rattail
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

My crew must be a bunch of amateurs.. Despite 3 bulkheads damaged (goodness knows when THAT happened...), and a whole lot more, they report that i can dive to 300ft, so I sit at 50m after having sunk a NTLE. This to allow them time to repair things before I move out. Silent running rigged. 3 destroyers looking for me. (No damage yet). Next thing I start sinking.... nothing I can do.

Rattail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-07, 12:18 AM   #18
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattail
My crew must be a bunch of amateurs.. Despite 3 bulkheads damaged (goodness knows when THAT happened...), and a whole lot more, they report that i can dive to 300ft, so I sit at 50m after having sunk a NTLE. This to allow them time to repair things before I move out. Silent running rigged. 3 destroyers looking for me. (No damage yet). Next thing I start sinking.... nothing I can do.

That is *very* odd. The only thing I can think of is that SH4 isn't correctly reporting compartment damage for something... Do you remember which compartment the crew was reporting as most damaged? All the application does is search for the compartment with the most damage and generate a random percentage error based on the experience of the crew involved in the decision-making process. In any case, the number should never be greater than +/- 20%.
Old 09-08-07, 04:19 AM   #19
Rattail
Watch

Hi Bilko,
If I look at what's damaged in SH4, there are 3 bulkheads, the engines, and other stuff. But the damage Control Analyzer only shows minor damage to the deck and flak guns. I know that I did not get nailed by anything before this. Maybe SH messed up somewhere. I am using 2 damage analyzers. Your one and the Damage-Analyzer-II-2.0.5-beta. both say my sub is fine. Sp tyhe problem must be with SH4. I have reloaded 2 saves back and am going forward again.
cheers
Old 09-08-07, 09:47 AM   #20
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattail
Hi Bilko,
If I look at what's damaged in SH4, there are 3 bulkheads, the engines, and other stuff. But the damage Control Analyzer only shows minor damage to the deck and flak guns. I know that I did not get nailed by anything before this. Maybe SH messed up somewhere. I am using 2 damage analyzers. Your one and the Damage-Analyzer-II-2.0.5-beta. both say my sub is fine. Sp tyhe problem must be with SH4. I have reloaded 2 saves back and am going forward again.
cheers
There are differences in the way DA II and DC 1.0 report damage. DC 1.0 sorts compartments as compartments and weapons/equipment as weapons and equipment, as per the structure of the saved game files. DA II reports them as they appear in the game (You'll notice that some of the compartments in DC appear as equipment on DA II.) To be honest, I don't know which way is correct. One of the main reasons why I did it differently is because I've seen cases where DA II wasn't reporting any major compartment damage, yet I couldn't submerge without my sub coming apart at the seams. My thinking was maybe it was because SH4 was reporting some compartment damage as weapon/equipment damage (and DA II was mimicking this for consistency) so that critcal damage was going "unnoticed." Unfortunately, you've proven that neither way prevents this thing from happening! Now all I can say is that I hope either of these programs at least *cuts down* on the number of occurences.

Bill

Oh, and another silliness revisited:
I just had my deck gun blow up on me for no reason and injure my deck gun crew. It's the first timethat's happened since SH4 1.3. Maybe a training accident?

[edited for poor sentence structure...]
Old 09-09-07, 12:05 PM   #21
billko
中国水兵

Default Damage Control v 1.0.4.4 now available

Version 1.0.4.4
Fixes:
Fixed an annoying bug where there old tooltips were being displayed along with new ones (noticable when you loaded a game with a different amount of medals).

Bugs:
In-Game time and date are not updated.
Medals shown do not match what is in the game.
Changes:
Bug Fixes

It can be downloaded here:

This is not a required update; just a cosmetic fixup. For a complete history, see original post.

Bill
Old 09-10-07, 02:54 PM   #22
chopped50ford
Weps

Downloads: 22

can this be ran while the game is running or on demand reports?

My guess this is the link to install the mod?

http://ths-i.com/
chopped50ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-07, 10:36 PM   #23
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopped50ford

can this be ran while the game is running or on demand reports?

My guess this is the link to install the mod?
This application is designed to run "alongside" SH4. Currently the only way to see the hidden damage is to analyze saved games. This means that you have to save the game and then look at the file. One feature that this application has is an "autosearch" feature that automatically finds the latest saved game and displays it. Unfortunately, you have to switch to the application to see it. At least you don't have to shut down SH4 to do it.

The link above is to the directory where the application is to be downloaded from. It's a simple FTP site.

Bill
Old 09-11-07, 12:31 PM   #24
Rattail
Watch

excellent mod! THANKS!
Old 09-11-07, 01:15 PM   #25
billko
中国水兵

You're very welcome, Rattail! Now, can somebody tell me just what it takes to get a *promotion* around here???

Bill
Old 09-11-07, 01:49 PM   #26
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by billko
Now, can somebody tell me just what it takes to get a *promotion* around here???

Bill
It's just like real life, you gotta figure out whose posterior to smooch on:rotfl:

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-07, 06:39 PM   #27
chopped50ford
Weps

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by billko
Now, can somebody tell me just what it takes to get a *promotion* around here???

Bill
It's just like real life, you gotta figure out whose posterior to smooch on:rotfl:
true, would be nice when your up for promotion.

http://ths-i.com/
chopped50ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-07, 09:02 PM   #28
billko
中国水兵

Default version 1.0.4.6 is out

Some minor cosmetic fixes. This will probably be the last release for a while until I get motivated to spiff up the help file by adding an index and tags to jump from one place to another.

For details and the history, see the original post.

Bill
Old 09-23-07, 09:07 PM   #29
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default a lot of nice and hard work in there billko

give yourself a pat on the back!
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-07, 09:09 PM   #30
billko
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
give yourself a pat on the back!
This small contribution is NOTHING compared to all you've given back to the forum! WTG, leovampire!!!

Bill