SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-19, 02:31 PM   #1
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

Markovnikov!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 08:40 AM   #2
maxxe
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

sadly my installation for TWoS doesn't work. I'll try to provide as much info as possible. The main issue is a popup window in the main menu and when loading into a game. Both popups cannot be closed. I tried several fresh reinstalls with administrative prividledges as described in the manual. Sadly, this doesn't work either.

1. Operating System, System spec ?
Win 10 Pro, 32GB RAM, GeForce 970

2. What is your version of the game ? (DVD, Uplay download, Steam, other ?)
Steam - WoS Steam patch ran successfully (at least it said so).

3. Confirm that your game is updated to official v1.2.0 version and that the vanilla game works without problems.
Confirmed.

4. Provide a screenshot which will show all content and installation path of your main Silent Hunter 5 install folder.
Would love to but can't.

5. Describe briefly your mod installation process and specify any error messages you've got during the installation.
Followed the manual to the tee, with admin privilegdes and all.

6. Confirm that you have checked for solution in provided install instructions and other documentation?
Yes, even in the forum. The suggested solutions here don't work.

7. Specify mods you're using and state your mod order (do not type the list manually, use "Export activated mods list to" JSGME function).
No additional mods are active.

8. If you use any unsupported mods, remove them, reinstall your game/TWoS completely according to install instruction, start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist.
See above.

9. Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing situation where problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?

10. Upload several screenshots and gamesaves where problem can be observed.
https://imgur.com/a/3GjRV1v
Screenshot 1 is from the main menu,
screenshot 2 is the view when I load into a game,
screenshots 3 & 4 are the contents of my SH5 directory,
screenshot 5 are my enabled mods (none).

EDIT: I tried uploading screenshots but couldn't find out how to. Do you guys have any ideas?
2nd EDIT: provided the screenshots under point 10. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by maxxe; 05-05-19 at 12:08 PM.
maxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 09:39 AM   #3
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxe View Post
I tried uploading screenshots but couldn't find out how to. Do you guys have any ideas?
Bandicam or Fraps, get screenshot while in game. Then Imgur -> upload image -> get share links -> paste link into your post.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 10:16 AM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

@maxxe,
what do you mean by 'installation doesn't work'? Will it abort, or will it conclude but you cannot start game? Or when you start game it's still the stock game?
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 12:07 PM   #5
maxxe
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
@maxxe,
what do you mean by 'installation doesn't work'? Will it abort, or will it conclude but you cannot start game? Or when you start game it's still the stock game?
I've edited my post to describe my issues further.
maxxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 12:24 PM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxe View Post
I've edited my post to describe my issues further.

Did you completly shut down Steam / U-Play before starting the WoS install?
Also try to start game without Steam /U-Play, with the SH5.exe directly. SH5.exe must be in Admin Mode and Win7 Comptibility (if you play in Win10).
Old 05-10-19, 04:50 AM   #7
TheEvilChicken
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Uplay SH5 doesn't start with TWOS

I just followed the instructions on how to install the mod and everything seemed to work out nicely but when I launch the game it's just the base version.

BTW I have windows 10 and the Gold Version as Uplay code

edit: nevermind, the issue just disappeared after a quick reinstall

Last edited by TheEvilChicken; 05-10-19 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-10-19, 12:17 PM   #8
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default welcome aboard!

TheEvilChicken!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 05-12-19, 02:50 PM   #9
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > TheEvilChicken & Galland me
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 12:58 PM   #10
LordInquisitor
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Anybody knows how to fix broken text and save issues ? my issues are threeheaded dragon

1. Save. Game works decently and it seems to save well in port but when at sea it saves and then on reload Uboat outline is black, I managed to witness something i would describe as game loading well but then putting black filter over it as suddenly the sea wasnt blueish but more blackish and submarine wasnt grey but pure black along with characters on the top. It also seems if the subs dives then undives after save without me ordering anything.

2. Some of the text when talking to crew is missing it only shows. 4. 5. Instead of 4. 5 and relevant text. It seems to happen with Orders, some characters are fine completely some partially and some not at all. Doesnt seem to affect dialogue choices so far.

3.And the maps seems to bug out if i zoom out too much and attempt to move the mouse so for example i have text saying Australia in Middle of Mexico.

Win 7. Set on Administrative Privileges.
LordInquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 01:04 PM   #11
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordInquisitor View Post
Anybody knows how to fix broken text and save issues ? my issues are threeheaded dragon

1. Save. Game works decently and it seems to save well in port but when at sea it saves and then on reload Uboat outline is black, I managed to witness something i would describe as game loading well but then putting black filter over it as suddenly the sea wasnt blueish but more blackish and submarine wasnt grey but pure black.

2. Some of the text when talking to crew is missing it only shows. 4. 5. Instead of 4. 5 and relevant text.

3.The Briefing Worked fine with English Text and German voice the first time, but the second time even after starting new campaign it didnt play. And the maps seems to bug out if i zoom out too much and attempt to move the mouse so for example i have text saying Australia in Middle of Mexico.

Hi LordInquisitor,

saving games in SH5 must go like this to avoid trouble:

When starting campaign (or chapter), you must save in bunker in a separate slot when entering the first time, then go to main menu and reload that save. This is necessary for the campaign to start correctly.

Never use autosaves. You can delete these slots when you chose to save game.

Always save in a separate slot, do not overwrite game slots. Again you can delete old slots by chosing save game.

Don't save game when enemies or airplanes are nearby, this can spell trouble.

Then, in order to avoid grafic glitches and malfunctions: do not ALT-TAB out of the game.
I hope this helps you, cheers!
XS
Old 05-13-19, 01:27 PM   #12
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:

1. Save. Game works decently and it seems to save well in port but when at sea it saves and then on reload Uboat outline is black, I managed to witness something i would describe as game loading well but then putting black filter over it as suddenly the sea wasnt blueish but more blackish and submarine wasnt grey but pure black along with characters on the top. It also seems if the subs dives then undives after save without me ordering anything.

2. Some of the text when talking to crew is missing it only shows. 4. 5. Instead of 4. 5 and relevant text. It seems to happen with Orders, some characters are fine completely some partially and some not at all. Doesnt seem to affect dialogue choices so far.

3.And the maps seems to bug out if i zoom out too much and attempt to move the mouse so for example i have text saying Australia in Middle of Mexico.

Most likely an installation problem. I don't recognize any of mentioned issues...

Also, check first post of this thread if you want any further assistance. It's quite pointless otherwise. Cheers!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 04:03 PM   #13
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome aboard!

Galland!& Lordinquisitor!

Old 05-13-19, 08:16 PM   #14
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Seems it made it worse.

Black screen and CAMERA IS OUT OF SECTORS. second reload attempt did the same as previously seems to load normal then goes with black filter Text still ****ed up and same with maps.

With 2.2.10 I also get the camera out of sectors sometimes immediately after loading a save, in this case I hit twice F2 to correct (external camera) and the view returns to normal. Didn't happen in previous TWoS versions.

Also do not use the teleporter feature before going up and down the ladders at least once, or it will not work getting the camera out of bounds. I find it good to shortly walking through the sub after loading a save to 'fill the memory cache'.
Old 05-10-19, 01:46 PM   #15
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilChicken View Post
I just followed the instructions on how to install the mod and everything seemed to work out nicely but when I launch the game it's just the base version.

BTW I have windows 10 and the Gold Version as Uplay code

edit: nevermind, the issue just disappeared after a quick reinstall

This means without any doubt that you did it wrong with 'Step 1' in the instructions, you have installed WoS in the wrong directory, you must install it where your sh5.exe is located and the files therein must not be write-protected. Also read carefully what comes before 'step 1'. If you can't do that you won't get any further help I'm afraid because nobody can.