SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-17, 06:23 AM   #25
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey117us View Post
Realism and ASW and SHIII have been neglected the Vanilla Depth Charges a Disaster. Thanks to The_Frog and His Series of Ships we have some help in that arena with his Throwers and Depth Charges. The RN/RCN Mark IV DCT ( depth charge throwers ) Had Expendable Arbor Stands. RN/RCN Mark V DCT were improved ( known as DC_thrower_2 in UK_Guns.dat ) based on the Lend Lease USN K-Guns Design the Arbor and Stand Extend at Launch and Automatically Retract to the Load/Fire Position Both Operated like a potato gun. the lifting charge being War Alcohol ( Not for Sailors Use ) .
Thank you for the precious information. Honestly I didn't know anything about these retracting launching arbors until The_Frog told me about them yesterday

Quote:
Example in game [...]
...and thank you for the amazing screenies and detailed captions too. Those DC throwes and racks by The_Frog are... wow!

Quote:
I'm Working on an all new Hedgehog and Rounds for this Mod.
A better hedgehog thrower was in my todo, though with a low priority. I am glad somenoe else is planning to model it. As for the projectile, if memory serves me well I should have one ready in my personal archive. I hope I can find it and post here a render for your evaluation.

Quote:
Also Planned a Foxer Decoy Allied Counter Measures to Type IV and V Acoustic Homing Torpedoes.
Is that going to be only cosmetic, or it will actually distract our torpedoes from their targets?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asw, depth charge, mod, real, realismn