SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-21-13, 06:49 AM   #91
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Awesome
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 06:50 AM   #92
plj
Captain

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

nice one!
plj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-13, 07:05 AM   #93
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
...is your mod messing the crew management screen as No Magic Skills did?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Do you mean the blue efficiency bars (that are shown in No Magic Skills description)? Yep, some of them don't work like they should, and it seemed to be futile to try to fix it. Maybe later!
14 months later, to be exact...

Quote:
Interesting news!

I finally figured out how to make the abilities show up correctly in the crew page:
Better "later" than never

Oustanding news indeed
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 09:49 AM   #94
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Need some clarifications ... Do I still need to spend promotional points for some strange "arcade" abilities like "max dive depth", "sub maneuvering" ect?

There were some talks regarding torpedo abilities, should i spent points for them at all?

In short, I'm a bit confused on what should I spent my promotional points and on what I should not? What effect (if any) will promotions have on crew performances?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-13, 10:03 AM   #95
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Need some clarifications ... Do I still need to spend promotional points for some strange "arcade" abilities like "max dive depth", "sub maneuvering" ect?

There were some talks regarding torpedo abilities, should i spent points for them at all?

In short, I'm a bit confused on what should I spent my promotional points and on what I should not? What effect (if any) will promotions have on crew performances?
Hi Vecko, I think Rongel retained only realistic / no bugged abilities, but let's wait his own answer
Old 10-29-13, 03:11 PM   #96
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:

Some abilities are changed, some left in place. The most unrealistic "repair destroyed items" is still there, is just costs very large amount of morale points. I may take it off for the next version, just haven't figured what to have in it's place.

Torpedo duds are now reality, but it all depends on your settings. By default the TDW's corrected dud values are quite low, so it's not that critical. And TDW's patcher has an option to disable "reduce torpedo duds" ability, so if you have activated it, this ability shouldn't have any effect at all.

You can see all the effects from different abilities from the first page.
All the abilities work, the only exception is the "Boost Radio", I have found out that it does absolutely nothing! Next version has a new ability in it's place.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 03:26 PM   #97
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
The most unrealistic "repair destroyed items" is still there, is just costs very large amount of morale points. I may take it off for the next version, just haven't figured what to have in it's place.

All the abilities work, the only exception is the "Boost Radio", I have found out that it does absolutely nothing! Next version has a new ability in it's place.
This makes me to wonder: Is there a library of preset abilities that you can choose from, or you must script any new ability?

Quote:
Torpedo duds are now reality, but it all depends on your settings. By default the TDW's corrected dud values are quite low, so it's not that critical.
We are eagerly waiting for your torpedo failure update
Old 10-29-13, 03:40 PM   #98
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
This makes me to wonder: Is there a library of preset abilities that you can choose from, or you must script any new ability?

We are eagerly waiting for your torpedo failure update
Yes, there is variety of preset abilites, hardcoded stuff that I can use, some of them are not even put into the game. Very interesting abilites, like these for example:

; RevealMinefields
; LocateResupplyShip
; RevealShallowWaters

Don't know if they work or not, seems a bit sketchy!

Torpedo failure patch is forming up slowly, it's difficult to test because TDW's patcher also deals with this stuff, just a lot of testing... But it will happen!
Old 10-29-13, 03:56 PM   #99
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yes, there is variety of preset abilites, hardcoded stuff that I can use, some of them are not even put into the game. Very interesting abilites, like these for example:

; RevealMinefields
; LocateResupplyShip
; RevealShallowWaters

Don't know if they work or not, seems a bit sketchy!
Sounds interesting. Thank you for the information Rongel

Quote:
Torpedo failure patch is forming up slowly, it's difficult to test because TDW's patcher also deals with this stuff, just a lot of testing... But it will happen!
Shouldn't TDW's torpedo failure patches fix the way torpedo sim file settings are applied, thus making their finetuning easier?
Old 12-13-13, 05:47 PM   #100
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

@Rongel
How is this coming along since you last commented on it?

Glad to see you made some new discovery at post #90 and saw new abilities at #98. Post #98 may have some related dialogue for what I am doing.

May I have permission to use, make compatible with [wip] voices reloaded? Of course, you will get credit.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-13, 05:59 PM   #101
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
@Rongel
How is this coming along since you last commented on it?

Glad to see you made some new discovery at post #90 and saw new abilities at #98.
I second that; can't wait to see the R.M.A. update and the upcoming mod by Mike in action, and I think that optimizing the two mods for reciprocal compatibility is an excellent idea
Old 12-21-13, 09:47 AM   #102
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Rongel, leave the WoT for a sec and give us next update, I know It's ready...

Few suggestions though:
- to replace max dive depth ability with ability to improve diving times over time ...
- maybe you should tune down "overcharge diesel and electric engine" abilities, right now level 3 will give us something like 23 knots on surface... Totally crazy...
Old 12-23-13, 11:24 AM   #103
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Rongel, leave the WoT for a sec and give us next update, I know It's ready...

Few suggestions though:
- to replace max dive depth ability with ability to improve diving times over time ...
- maybe you should tune down "overcharge diesel and electric engine" abilities, right now level 3 will give us something like 23 knots on surface... Totally crazy...
Heh... Now there was another game that took my attention, can't even say it in the fear of public humiliation... Well, it's a sim as well... SIMS 3!

Concerning the mod, I think I'll first release the megamod and if all goes well, I'll start to release the smaller (fixed) mods one at the time. About those suggestions:

1. Max dive depth. There is no actual controllers for diving times, only submarine's speed affects it. So I don't have any better replacement for it.

2. "Overcharge diesel and electric engine" abilities. Yes, at the moment the max level adds +30 % to the skill. Maybe some tuning down is in order.

So be patient, it will happen quite soon-ish!
Old 12-23-13, 11:28 AM   #104
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post

May I have permission to use, make compatible with [wip] voices reloaded? Of course, you will get credit.
Sure, compatibility mods are allright!
Old 12-27-13, 03:12 PM   #105
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:

1. Max dive depth. There is no actual controllers for diving times, only submarine's speed affects it. So I don't have any better replacement for it.
Hm, how do you mean "no actual controllers for diving times"?
It's unit submarine controller/main ballast tank value...Higher number means faster diving time/ballast tanks flooding.

Also, does this mod effect external torpedoes transfer time and if not, where I can find those settings?