Old 06-11-15, 08:31 PM   #91
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaefer View Post
Love that sound Thanks allot. It`s installed

I can not find the ship recognition manual. I finally found some ships after 20 days with nothing, and I could not identify it. Had to abandon the attack...(Lucky me I saved an hour before, and I know where they are now)
I found the ship in "the book of ships", but there is no way to confirm that I found it.....so everything gets wrong in the TDC then....
Go to your main SH5 inatall folder and look for all the TDW Files Page_Draggables . Delete the Page_Draggables and then load your last save .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-15, 11:59 PM   #92
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Love that sound Thanks allot. It`s installed

I can not find the ship recognition manual. I finally found some ships after 20 days with nothing, and I could not identify it. Had to abandon the attack...(Lucky me I saved an hour before, and I know where they are now)
I found the ship in "the book of ships", but there is no way to confirm that I found it.....so everything gets wrong in the TDC then....

why u have abandon the attack ? i use the ship recognition only in extreme situation it's not a must to use it .... u can prepare your attack without recognition :d and also attack without ship recognition
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 12:11 PM   #93
Shaefer
Navy Dude

Downloads: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjizzle View Post
why u have abandon the attack ? i use the ship recognition only in extreme situation it's not a must to use it .... u can prepare your attack without recognition :d and also attack without ship recognition
Yeah, I did.
I spent to much time looking for the recognition manual, which is not in this modpack.
When attacking with no recognition, you guess everything? range, speed, aob?
15% Skill.

"Submarine life most of the time is hours and hours of boredom with intermittent terror thrown in to keep you on your toes!"

Shaefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 12:30 PM   #94
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Yeah, I did.
I spent to much time looking for the recognition manual, which is not in this modpack.
How do you mean it's not there?? You use it all the time...

Last edited by vdr1981; 06-12-15 at 12:38 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 02:31 PM   #95
Shaefer
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
How do you mean it's not there?? You use it all the time...

I was looking for the recognition manual used in SH 3. And I am sure I have seen it in SH 5 as well.
When you found the ship in the recognition manual, you had to confirm it, so the outline of the ships hull came up where we adjust the torpedo depth.
I am probably way off, I have not played without the auto identify button in SH 5 ever .
Last time I identifyed ships myself was in SH 3 8 years ago.
This is going to become very interesting in the next few episodes, when I mature into this new way of doing things.
First the tonnage bar, now this.
To many changes for an old man.
15% Skill.

"Submarine life most of the time is hours and hours of boredom with intermittent terror thrown in to keep you on your toes!"

Old 06-12-15, 04:27 PM   #96
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

Quote:
Yeah, I did.
When attacking with no recognition, you guess everything? range, speed, aob?
i don't wanna teach u how to hunt ships or how to play the game all of us are free to play how they wish.
for a AOB, speed, range no need the recognition manual... use dick o'kane targeting solution...and also if u know the target course u also know the AOB
and for the range u position your boat at 800 - 1000m from the target course. For the speed it's easy measure the range and write it down then w8 3.15 min and measure again and u have the distance between this 2 measurement, that distance is your speed. example if is 800m then the speed is 8knts if is 1000m the spead is 10knts ( distance divided to 10 ). And also u can find the target speed using the attack disk back side

good video
this is sh5
the this awesome also the art of Hydrophone

i never used the recognition manual for fast attacks or when i have a convoy contact....used the recognition manual only for RAOBF when i have plenty time to prepare for attack but in extreme situation only.

PS. i really like your videos and enjoy keep going m8

Last edited by Sjizzle; 06-12-15 at 04:36 PM.
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-15, 08:54 PM   #97
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
Default Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english

G'day Shaefer, just thought I would mention this mod that I use. It's a speech recognition program that slots right in with the TWoS mod. It adds the next level of immersion to the game without a doubt. Just hide the UI and no more need for the 21st century jet fighter pilot HUD to tell you everything... you then actually have to go look at the gauges throughout the boat or listen to crew callouts etc for your information like real life WW2 Kaleuns had to. Then all the gauges and verbal information actually become useful and not just pretty visual or aural decorations! Once you have it up and running, the only time you have to touch the keyboard is if you want to walk around the boat, otherwise you can just say what station you want to teleport to.

You can basically do away with having the UI visible at all except for the 2D nav map. Every command that is available using the UI has in most cases dozens of different ways to say each thing. Things like setting torpedoes and inputting target data into the TDC are extremely accurate. No more jumping back and forth trying to get the AOB or target range etc dialled up (albeit) roughly...just tell the XO and the exact information is quickly input! So much more immersive during a surface attack to call down through the conning tower hatch to the crewman below setting the TDC..."set angle on bow to 62°...port, target speed is 10 knots...range is 1150 meters" while you look through the (absolutely bare) UZO or binocular view and order, "flood tube 1" and when you're ready to fire, you just yell, "tube 1....LOS!!"

It's not too hard to set up....just do the normal Windows Speech Recognition training so that your computer recognises your particular way of speaking and that's about it! The more you use it, the better trained and accurate the program becomes. Just install with JSGME last...it doesn't overwrite anything. It is irrelevant what keyboard layout or key mapping you may have because everything is done using scripts.

Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3085

Slightly off topic...regarding the Ship Recognition Manual, the filters at the bottom (bow shape, number of funnels, position and quantity of islands etc) make it quick to narrow down the options for an accurate I.D of the ship.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

Last edited by kevinsue; 06-15-15 at 10:07 PM.
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 05:07 AM   #98
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Voice commands is not unfortunately completely trustworthy.
It can be useful for certain commands once you know what its limitations are.
It can get commands wrong, not always, when the same command is given.
I have had ctd's and the game freezing with it.
It is certainly worth trying if you have never used it but you may find your voice getting louder with frustration as your command is not recognized or ignored.
You will need to print off the command orders list for reference.
Stoianm can be heard using it in some of his video's.
Maybe I am unlucky with my accent.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 03:23 PM   #99
Shaefer
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
G'day Shaefer, It's a speech recognition program that slots right in with the TWoS mod.
G`day to you as well!
I had this installed in my first season (if that can be called a season), although it's a wonderful addition to the game, I don`t think it will be very good for a let`s play. Awesome for non recorded gameplay however...
You rather want me to talk to you, instead of barking orders to the game, yes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Voice commands is not unfortunately completely trustworthy.
Maybe I am unlucky with my accent.

Peter
I came across the same problems, the game not doing what I said.
I to am unlucky with my accent... Norwegian/english did not go down well with the game...
I don`t think this applies to me..
"It is certainly worth trying if you have never used it but you may find your voice getting louder with frustration as your command is not recognized or ignored."
15% Skill.

Last edited by Shaefer; 06-16-15 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-16-15, 11:36 PM   #100
Shaefer
Navy Dude

Nest episode are ready.
Enjoy!
15% Skill.

Old 06-17-15, 12:25 AM   #101
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

The warnings button also includes the submerged warning .
The dead reckoning should not be accurate unless you set it up that way in the options editor .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 06-17-15 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-17-15, 06:27 AM   #102
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Shaefer

You do not need to use the chart icon.
Just use the E key to see charts and hide again.
This way you can leave the recognition page open on the target in case you need it again.

I also seem to get the flat spot with the mouse when trying to move to the water line.
It might be the mouse speed dpi when you are trying to be very accurate.

On the 180 targets course that you made when you use the protractor you do not need to take the protractor back to your boat to get the 90 bearing.
When you take the protractor back to your u-boat you then have to go back to the protractor line on the targets course to draw the line out to 90
Placing the protractor anywhere along the targets course line and making the 90 angle and placing the ruler over it will give you your compass bearing needed straight away and will save a few precious seconds.

I liked your use of the drag-gable compass.
Very underrated tool.

I was surprised by the number of aircraft patrolling that you mentioned.
I only saw very few in NWA.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-15, 11:33 AM   #103
Shaefer
Navy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
The warnings button also includes the submerged warning .
The dead reckoning should not be accurate unless you set it up that way in the options editor .
Thanks, Sober!
I always thought the warning button would make my crew not report enemy ships, another day, another thing learned. I wonder If I will become good at this game before the end of the war...
( That writing on the screenshot! My eyes! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Shaefer

1: Just use the E key to see charts and hide again.
2: On the 180 targets course that you made when you use the protractor you do not need to take the protractor back to your boat to get the 90 bearing.
3: I liked your use of the drag-gable compass.
Very underrated tool.
4: I was surprised by the number of aircraft patrolling that you mentioned.
I only saw very few in NWA.

Peter
Thank you as always, Professor!
1: You are right, I need to start using hotkeys. Then I need to sit upright, and have my left hand at the keyboard....hmm
2: Why did I never think of that.. Greate tip.
3: I really like it, it`s so fast to use.
I wish it was usable on the TAI map though, and I would not mind it being as big as my other chart tools. It`s a little hard to read due to the size.
4: I guess the airtraffic is different in each playthrough? I`ve seen many in this area.
15% Skill.

Old 06-17-15, 10:50 PM   #104
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Do you use the chronometer alarm clock ?
Old 06-18-15, 01:31 PM   #105
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
radar Time Compression Trigger Adjustments

Hi Shaefer, you can adjust and fine tune dozens of parameters that trigger TCxx (11,256 of them to be exact). Basically everything in the main menu.txt can be added or subtracted to trigger whatever TC level you nominate. There are two separate TC levels that you can tailor, eg what triggers TC1 and TC32. Double clicking on the rows menu text numbers will open the second dialogue box which works exactly as how you select or remove mods with JSGME i.e shifting them from one side of the box to the other with the arrows. With a bit of patience and persistence working out which ones of the 11,256 items you want to trigger your TC levels, you'll have it so fine tuned that it will automatically drop to TCx when your Mum rings and invites you back home for dinner!

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote