SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Which feature should be prioritized next?
Make the crew sensible to distress and discontent 9 60.00%
Introduce damage by human factor 2 13.33%
Pre-heating of G7x torpedos 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-11, 02:11 PM   #31
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi,

I think the posted equation for crew efficiency is wrong. At least, if you set 'fCoefMorale_per_grad' equal to zero the crew efficiency should be zero according to the formula. But that's not what you see in game.

I'm not sure whether it's correct, but I found the following equation for crew efficiency:

http://174.123.69.202/~subsimc/radio...d.php?t=172432

If someone could confirm or correct this equation I would be happy. Also if someone could fill the missing gaps in the crew efficiency issue.

Cheers, LGN1

PS: Fader_Berg, how do you plan to model the pre-heating of the G7e torpedoes? The way that the player has to give a command and then the speed and range of the G7e increases over a specified time? Do you know how long the pre-heating took in real-life? And how the crew dealt with a situation in which the torpedo was only partially heated (i.e., exact torp. speed unknown)?
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 03:56 PM   #32
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
PS: Fader_Berg, how do you plan to model the pre-heating of the G7e torpedoes? The way that the player has to give a command and then the speed and range of the G7e increases over a specified time? Do you know how long the pre-heating took in real-life? And how the crew dealt with a situation in which the torpedo was only partially heated (i.e., exact torp. speed unknown)?
I don't have the answers right now. The three options are merely some ideas to look into. This is things I have come to think about when playing the game and thought would make SH3 a more dynamic game. I can't guarantee to fix any of them, but I sure want to give some of them a try.

Yes, the first thing I thought about was reducing speed and/or range. If there where crew in the torpedo compartment the performance would raise gradually to a maximum.
I don't got all facts though, so I would have to ask people here on this forum for help. What was the loss in performance? How many crew members where needed and how long did it take. Did it increase the risk for malfunction? E.t.c. e.t.c... If no one knows answer, maybe we can make something up.
On the other hand... Maybe the performance loss was so small and out of no game value, that it ain't worth to do anything about it. I don't know. I'll worry about that when/if the time comes.

Thank you

/FB
Old 01-21-11, 12:57 AM   #33
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Default Bug correcting release

Found a bug in previous release where the WP made wrong estimations by 40000 meters or so. New bug-corrected realese 1.0.1 available.
The new range estimation method is included too.

I haven't had as much time I wanted to work on it, but I'm still working with the crew rotation. The logics for this was much harder than I thought. It may take some more days.

Just hang in there...
Old 01-21-11, 03:07 AM   #34
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader_Berg View Post
Found a bug in previous release where the WP made wrong estimations by 40000 meters or so. New bug-corrected realese 1.0.1 available.
The new range estimation method is included too.

I haven't had as much time I wanted to work on it, but I'm still working with the crew rotation. The logics for this was much harder than I thought. It may take some more days.

Just hang in there...
Many thanks FB!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 01-31-11, 07:06 PM   #35
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Default patSH3r 1.1 beta

Allright... here goes.

Beta release of patSH3r version 1.1...

This release contains the new crew rotation code. It leaves much to be desired, but it is a start.

For now, the rotation will only work for bridge, radio/sonar, helms and the engine compartments. Only for petty officers and sailors...

It comes in two different modes, strict (qualification through SH3 Commander) and float.

More info in the archive... You're welcome to try it out!

Get your beta copy here
For more information, check head post

/FB
Old 02-01-11, 03:03 AM   #36
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Allright... here goes.

Beta release of patSH3r version 1.1...

This release contains the new crew rotation code. It leaves much to be desired, but it is a start.

For now, the rotation will only work for bridge, radio/sonar, helms and the engine compartments. Only for petty officers and sailors...

It comes in two different modes, strict (qualification through SH3 Commander) and float.

More info in the archive... You're welcome to try it out!

Get your beta copy here
For more information, check head post

/FB
Many thanks FB ! I´ll try it !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 02-01-11, 09:32 AM   #37
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Thanks for the new release

Again sorry to bother with the same question, but after reading the readme it does not mention H.Sie's fixes. Can I understand that the Range estimation and Crew rotation features work directly on any SH3 exe file, without any need to use H.Sie's work?

A suggestion for the crew rotation:

It would be nice to see the crew rotate in full watch sections, i.e. in the german UBoats there was a "Port" and a "Starbord" watch, which rotated every 4 hours (I think it was 4, NYGM readme has accurate information about this). Even if the player wants to drag a crewmember around for exceptional situations (Attacks), could you make the crew rotate in those 2 watches
Old 02-01-11, 09:49 AM   #38
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

This is a little embarrassing...

I was unaware of Fader_Berg's new work, and I have delivered to H.sie a general purpose Options Selector so that users can toggle on and off the options that he wants from H.sie's patch updates as they become available. (H.sie needs only to change a text file for each upgrade). This program will be released with H.sie's new patch updates for SH3.exe in a week or two.

Naturally, this Option Selector does not contain any of Fader_Berg's work. Indeed, the Option Selector is intended to work only with a *permanently patched* SH3.exe file, so I suppose it would be valueless with Fader-Berg's work anyway.

But I thought that I'd better announce this, so that no one thinks either H.sie or I are trying to negate Fader_Berg's work.

That is what happens when the same kind of work is done in two different threads...

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-11, 10:04 AM   #39
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post

I was unaware of Fader_Berg's new work, and I have delivered to H.sie a general purpose Options Selector so that users can toggle on and off the options that he wants from H.sie's patch updates as they become available. (H.sie needs only to change a text file for each upgrade). This program will be released with H.sie's new patch updates for SH3.exe in a week or two.

Naturally, this Option Selector does not contain any of Fader_Berg's work. Indeed, the Option Selector is intended to work only with a *permanently patched* SH3.exe file, so I suppose it would be valueless with Fader-Berg's work anyway.

But I thought that I'd better announce this, so that no one thinks either H.sie or I are trying to negate Fader_Berg's work.

That is what happens when the same kind of work is done in two different threads...

Stiebler.
...merged both works together...

Or is this not possible ?
Old 02-01-11, 11:09 AM   #40
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
Can I understand that the Range estimation and Crew rotation features work directly on any SH3 exe file, without any need to use H.Sie's work?
Yes, or at least most of the V1.4 exe-files. You don't need a V15D (h.sie) patched exe-file if you only intend to use features in patSH3r. In this case a range estimation fix and a beta crew rotation fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
It would be nice to see the crew rotate in full watch sections, i.e. in the german UBoats there was a "Port" and a "Starbord" watch, which rotated every 4 hours (I think it was 4, NYGM readme has accurate information about this). Even if the player wants to drag a crewmember around for exceptional situations (Attacks), could you make the crew rotate in those 2 watches
I'll put it on the wishlist and we'll see. I'll have to find a way to track in-game time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
Don't be embarressed. The h.sie patch switching is not a key feature of patSH3r, as I see it. I just added it because it was so simple and I saw there was a need for it. You're more than welcome to bring your own solution to this and I'll drop mine.
Old 02-11-11, 06:03 AM   #41
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Default Stable release of version 1.1.0

Crew rotation added. Changes since beta release is that the rotation goes for officers too.

Read more here.
Old 02-11-11, 09:31 AM   #42
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Excellent!!
Old 02-11-11, 12:25 PM   #43
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Crew rotation added. Changes since beta release is that the rotation goes for officers too.

Read more here.
Wonderful !

But why do you remove the V15xx patch switching ? I liked to switch any funktionality on/off from h.sie´s MOD !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 02-11-11, 01:56 PM   #44
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Wonderful !

But why do you remove the V15xx patch switching ? I liked to switch any funktionality on/off from h.sie´s MOD !

Best regards,
Magic
I only had that functionality since there was no other alternatives around. For the V15E patch, Stiebler has made a tool which can be used instead.
Old 02-11-11, 03:01 PM   #45
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
I only had that functionality since there was no other alternatives around. For the V15E patch, Stiebler has made a tool which can be used instead.
Okay, I understand, but the Tool from stiebler is not avaiable yet...

Until then it would be good, when I can use your solution !

Is this possible please ?

Best regards,
Magic