SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-23-11, 07:28 AM   #556
Martin C. Kendal
Nub

Downloads: 106
Uploads: 0

Many Thanks! This mod is super!
Martin C. Kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 07:59 AM   #557
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Anvart:

Many thanks for your ideas.

You may be right about the ID conflict, but this is an old problem for NYGM. If the ExtCargo=-1, there are CTDs during return from Baltic to Kiel (when close to Kiel). If ExtCargo=2, no CTDs.

Thanks again,
Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 03:32 PM   #558
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi,

when Stiebler told me about the problem some time ago, I made some tests with GWX. It turned out that the LSS with ExtCargo=-1 leads to a CTD (IIRC, other lighted ships had no problems with ExtCargo=-1 and the LSS worked fine with ExtCargo not equal to -1).

If I'm not wrong, you cannot set ExtCargo=-1 within the Editor, only by editing the campaign files directly. So, probably the ExtCargo=-1 setting was never intended to work properly Anyway, at least in GWX and NYGM there are no lighted ships with ExtCargo=-1 (didn't check other campaign files). So, it's not a big problem.

@Anvart: As Hitman has already pointed out, the lighted ships are a great addition to the game! Thanks for making them back then!

Cheers, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 05:51 PM   #559
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Anvart:

Many thanks for your ideas.

You may be right about the ID conflict, but ...
Thanks again,
Stiebler.
... and the lit ships are no different from other. Lit ships have all the same (cargo nodes and entries) as other ships of Type 102.
May be i'm wrong, but i think, if lit ships were introduced (or edited) into a company manually, synchronization of the company's files (layers) can be broken in part of the external cargo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post

@Anvart: As Hitman has already pointed out, the lighted ships are a great addition to the game! Thanks for making them back then!

Cheers, LGN1
Thanks.
... and you are right, i think... for Type 102 ships CargoExt can't be -1. This simply can be seen in the company in mission editor. One example: OTMST2, Type=101, CargoExt=-1 in ..._RND.mis... it's correct... why?... because this object does not have cfg#K01, cfg#K02 (and so on) nodes for external cargo in NOTM_T2.dat file.
May be, will be correctly... if you don't want to see cargo on deck of Type 102 ships, you must create an additional CargoEntry (may be with name Empty ) without 3D objects (or may be with invisible 3D object) in files incarcatura.dat and CargoDef.cfg.
ex.:

[CargoEntry 10]
NodeName=Empty
LinkName=NULL
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231
CargoType=0

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 07-25-11 at 11:20 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-11, 03:35 PM   #560
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 440

Stiebler,

Are you aware of any issue with the NYGM Periscope mod causing the IXB turm to not appear after completing a resupply with a UTanker? Here is what I experienced.

After completing my Patrol and docking at the Utanker, I went through the normal exiting of the Patrol. When I went back in I could not access the Bridge, had crew advising the at the periscopes, antennas and flak guns are destroyed. The external view showed no turm on my IXB Type Uboat.

Heres the list of mods currently loaded ...

NYGM 2.5
NYGM 3.2
NYGM 3.2B
NYGM 3.2C
IABL Ship Rezoned Final
NYGM HiRes
NYGM Periscope
CA Officer Icon
Harbor Traffic Add On
Head04
Lifeboats&Debris 3B
Longer Wakes
WAC SH4StyleFlags Full model
DFa UpDnRot Flags fin2
DD OH V3.09
DD OH V3.09 fix for Anvart FM30 Updown
Aces HiRes Uniform & medals
Weather transitions test fix V2

After some trial and error, when I remove the NYGM Periscope mod, everything is right as rain, had the turm back and no messages that equipment was destroyed and was able to continue on the new Patrol.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 03:50 AM   #561
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@FuBar395:

What is this 'NYGM Periscope' mod? I have no such mod on my computer. But removing it apparently solves the problem!

I see no problem, then!

Stiebler.
Old 05-30-11, 03:57 AM   #562
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

@FUBAR: The weather transitions test fix is not for playing. It is only for modding/testing.
Old 05-30-11, 09:44 AM   #563
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@FuBar395:

What is this 'NYGM Periscope' mod? I have no such mod on my computer. But removing it apparently solves the problem!

I see no problem, then!

Stiebler.
Stiebler,

The mod readme states :

"The NYGM Periscope fixes the periscopes so that they no longer stick up high out of the protective housing when they are fully lowered.

Apart from being a cosmetic fix, this will also reduce the damage incurred from depth charges when the periscope is fully lowered."

Not sure where I picked this up and was not aware it was not something official to NYGM. I wanted others to be made aware in case they encountered the same issue and needed a fix.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR295

Old 05-30-11, 09:57 AM   #564
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
@FUBAR: The weather transitions test fix is not for playing. It is only for modding/testing.
h.sie,

I realize this and intended originally to help out with the testing but r/l interfered with my plans to assist. It works as advertised and am happy with the results. I will get around taking this out and updating NYGM when I have sufficient time.

Good Hunting,
FUBAR295

Old 05-30-11, 09:59 AM   #565
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Fubar295:

Acknowledged with thanks.

No, 'NYGM Periscopes' is not an official NYGM mod.

Stiebler.
Old 05-30-11, 11:40 AM   #566
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Concerning periscope housing:

On page 24 in NYGM_Tonnage_War_Manual 2.2a.pdf something similar is mentioned It seems it was added to NYGM 2.2. No idea where you got the stand-alone version from

Cheers, LGN1
Old 05-30-11, 11:44 AM   #567
Krabb
Navy Dude

Downloads: 32

As far as I remember, this is Hitman's mod: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147757 or https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=167126.
Krabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-11, 12:40 PM   #568
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

I found an old thread from Teddy Bar:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=98220

I guess there was also a stand-alone release. Anyway, I'm sure the files are completely outdated by now and the improvements already incorporated into NYGM.

Cheers, LGN1
Old 05-30-11, 12:49 PM   #569
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@LGN1:

Quote:
I found an old thread from Teddy Bar:
Yes, that must have been the explanation. Well observed!

However, I'm not at all sure that this mod was ever added to the mainstream of NYGM development.

[Edit] Hitman's mod affected the view from the periscope, not the periscope itself. But thanks for the suggestion, Krabb.

Stiebler.
Old 09-23-11, 06:51 AM   #570
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Default NYGM 3.5A patch released

NYGM 3_5A Patch. 21 September 2011.

This release contains minor bug-fixes for NYGM 3.5. It incorporates all of the previous release of NYGM 3.5, and replaces NYGM 3.5. The new release should have fewer crashes (CTDs) after reloading saved games.

The bug-fixes were identified by use of The Dark Wraith’s ‘Validator version 2.0.2’ tool, so many thanks to TDW for the release of this valuable tool.

The AI U-boats in the original NYGM, originally made by Sergbuto, have been replaced by copies improved by SquareSteelBar, and contain new IDs to reduce the chance of an ID conflict causing crashes. Many thanks also to SSB for permission to use these U-boats (and to Sergbuto, for original permissions).

This new patch is also compatible with H.sie’s V15G2 patch for SH3.exe, and with Stiebler’s Surrender-Smoke-CAM patch which overlays V15G2.

The campaign_RND.mis file included with this patch remains a (mostly) generic file, so that convoys can incorporate any new released ships (for example, from the Merchant Fleet release by IIamBecomeLife). However, generic convoys have some disadvantages, in that occasionally they all come to a standstill after an attack by your U-boat. A small selection of well-tested IABL ships and a special campaign_RND.mis which is NOT generic can also be downloaded from the NYGM web-page at SubSim. These never come to a standstill after an attack. (This IABL ship-pack is a replacement for the original pack.)

These new releases can be downloaded by clicking on my signature, below.

Stiebler.

Tags
torpedos through hull