SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-29-19, 10:45 AM   #7906
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1108
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Is the red square on hull normal?
got few DDs like that, and others with N°20 number...

So met a task force South of Makassar straight, and decided to attack despite the calm sea...
Decided a new way to stand ahead the task force too, to reduce detecting.
I standed periscope depth, 1000m aside the main ships path, but heading same direction (not at 90° angle)
It turned out very well, fired my 2 stern fishes when Takao was almost on my side, and escaped diving deep straight ahead.
i thought 2 torp would not sink the Takao, but fortunately one was critical hit.
20mn later he was down the sea...after few nice explosions.

Had real hard time to escape the 6 DDs with flat sea...and they chased me for almost 10km but as i headed for opposite task force path, they finally gave up to join the others...
I love the way DDs behaves. Circling around me, dropping one after each other, stopping, listening ect. And sometimes dropping beside my way, not always right on top of me. They are perfect
(but still no ping to hear - is it cause it's begining 42?)
Whats going on here ? I fixed those issues many releases ago.

Update:
Right fixed the Takao AGAIN!!!

Fifi - can you tell me the date stamp of that DD encounter please, and the ship type ?
I know I've already corrected this also - but I cannot remember the ship name!!!!

Update #2
I think I have it, it's the - NDD_Fubuki or NDD_FubukiII and the texture NDD_Fubuki_T03...

Dated:
StartDate=19000101
EndDate=19421231

Last edited by s7rikeback; 03-29-19 at 01:19 PM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 11:11 AM   #7907
Michael Wood
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 314
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Sometimes I can't believe you guys!?!

You're on THIS thread complaining about a Stock game issue??? Send a letter to Ubisoft!!

Just because we're online answering questions for you (go ask questions of TMO or RFB and see if the modders will answer?) but, some of the stuff you guys bring up is out of our control and just plain nuts!
Sorry.
Michael Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 11:37 AM   #7908
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
Sorry.
No apology necessary, my view was meant for the entire community, not just picking on your post.

Things like the Radio News Headlines are pretty much a Stock game thing. We've looked at them to make sure they don't interfere with causing CTD's and the like, but we've not "fact checked" them for accuracy (outside of something obvious)......as memory serves me there are hundreds of entries for them through out the game period. If one has a misspelling, or wrong date, blame the Developers.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 01:06 PM   #7909
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post

Fifi - can you tell me the date stamp of that DD encounter please, and the ship type ?
I know I've already corrected this also - but I cannot remember the ship name!!!!
The date is February 42, but the destroyer type...dunno cause i rarely ID them...sorry
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 01:53 PM   #7910
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
The date is February 42, but the destroyer type...dunno cause i rarely ID them...sorry
OK I Got it!!!

The NDD_Fubuki or NDD_FubukiII and the texture NDD_Fubuki_T03...Same issue as previous...

FiXED!!!

Last edited by s7rikeback; 03-29-19 at 02:11 PM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 03:17 PM   #7911
Lato79
Watch

Downloads: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Players shouldn't expect Ultimate will react like the other mods, or the Stock game. Unlike the Germans, the Japanese did not have the technology as their counterpart, or especially their enemies! Radar was not used on all ships, even late in the war; Active Sonar wasn't on all warships, especially the smaller ones, They did have Passive Sonar (Hydrophone) capabilities but it wasn't very good. As a matter of fact, all of their technology was inferior to the Germans, and especially to the Allies.

You guys have gotten used to the game play of SHIII (which SH4 is a cloned sibling), or other mods that just didn't try to create the actual capabilities of the enemy. Ultimate tries to do that.
Thank you so much for your prompt response Cap.
TMO Plot
Bigger Better Protractors.
Lato79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 03:52 PM   #7912
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
OK I Got it!!!

The NDD_Fubuki or NDD_FubukiII and the texture NDD_Fubuki_T03...Same issue as previous...

FiXED!!!
What about the Myoko "damage" zone sticking out of the bow? That was fixed previously also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi
I ~know~ I wasn't imagining that having been fixed - was I?...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 03:57 PM   #7913
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
What about the Myoko "damage" zone sticking out of the bow? That was fixed previously also...

I ~know~ I wasn't imagining that having been fixed - was I?...
Something strange is going on!! Both the above pictures were fixed months ago, and yes I also corrected the Myoko bow recently!!! I'm so terribly confused now.
Old 03-29-19, 04:34 PM   #7914
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
how do you do that? the gauge ends at 450. do you press the "d" key and then press "a" when you are as deep as you want to be?
I press "D" until I hear rivets popping. Then I hit emergency blow three times. I made it to 15 knots once coming back up. Or I wait until it dies and that tell me the no no depth. LOL

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-19, 04:35 PM   #7915
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
how do you do that? the gauge ends at 450. do you press the "d" key and then press "a" when you are as deep as you want to be?
Correct if you want to level out just hit the "A"

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 03-29-19, 04:45 PM   #7916
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Was agent insertion modified to allow one to be doing ten knots and still get the man out? I am being given the opportunity to let him out while still at ten knots.

I'm now getting shelled at 10,000 yards. YAY. At periscope depth however even at flank no one can see me until I am 250 yards from them.

And that darn damage hiss. Seems less loud after removing the crew from battle stations.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 03-29-19, 04:46 PM   #7917
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Something strange is going on!! Both the above pictures were fixed months ago, and yes I also corrected the Myoko bow recently!!! I'm so terribly confused now.
I remember those in the last version its May 42 and I haven't seen one yet this go around. I always thought those white lines and white rivets looked odd as others ships didn't seem to use white lines for the texture.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 03-29-19, 04:52 PM   #7918
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
That cruiser is not a Myoko, but a Takao. Maybe that helps a bit.
Old 03-29-19, 05:28 PM   #7919
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
That cruiser is not a Myoko, but a Takao. Maybe that helps a bit.
Many Thanks JapLance, but the confusion is that, in the past I have fixed these very models... Yet a few releases later, the issues appear again.

By the way, I love your work, I have every single model that I can find downloaded.
@ PB I have Just tested the Myoko and it passes. So it's just the Takao & Fubuki issues that have raised their ugly heads again.
Old 03-29-19, 10:48 PM   #7920
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Was agent insertion modified to allow one to be doing ten knots and still get the man out? I am being given the opportunity to let him out while still at ten knots.

I'm now getting shelled at 10,000 yards. YAY. At periscope depth however even at flank no one can see me until I am 250 yards from them.

And that darn damage hiss. Seems less loud after removing the crew from battle stations.
Put 'er in reverse and slow that thang down, sir! I'm not certain merc4ulfate where the game picks-up that drop-off speed from, but you used to have be below 3 knots and at All-Stop, didn't you? I accidentally hit "Launch" the other day while doing 6 knots... poor fellers, little legs couldn't keep up with them... ran the raft over, but still got a complete mission. I will look into that though, and it is not in the mission itself. I will usually try to get down below zero knots, even a little reverse and right rudder, and not even get a "sceetch" sound out of them as they launch.

As for them not seeing you from 250 yards at PD, I have no trouble getting IJN fleet vessels to come chase me from 2500-3600 yards... even before I put the periscope up, and then they try to shoot my eye out at 1400. But seriously, the only ships that treat like they treat you, are US ones. If you shoot a torpedo, do they come chase you?

@ s7rikeback & JapLance = thanks. I always get the heavies mixed up there...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote