SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-17, 08:37 AM   #1
JuanLiquid
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Hi, this is my mod list:

And this is the result... only some ships appear, the most of them are like this and I cannot identify them:

JuanLiquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 08:55 AM   #2
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1341

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanLiquid View Post
Hi, this is my mod list:

And this is the result... only some ships appear, the most of them are like this and I cannot identify them:

Hi JuanLiquid
I see 2 errors in your mod list
1-You do not have to install iabl and mfm together ... either one or the other (by mainly page of NYGM :
If you install the MSM-interim-beta fleet, you *must not* install the earlier IABL fleet, file (4) above. )
2-envsimact always last mod
(by readme file of envsimact10:

This EnvSim_10 mod folder should always be the LAST mod installed with JSGME.
For example if you have Stiebler_4C_Revised hard-code package installed on top of the H.sie patch (it must always be installed after the H.sie patch), then the EnvSim_10 mod MUST follow after the Stiebler_4C_Revised mod.)

salute:

Last edited by hauangua; 04-29-17 at 09:23 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 12:01 PM   #3
JuanLiquid
Machinist's Mate

Thank you hauangua, it was the first mistake, now I can enjoy fully

Btw, did someone noticed that nights aren't dark at all? Even in the stock SH3 you can see too much, but with NYGM they seem like an evening.
Old 04-29-17, 12:14 PM   #4
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1341

Quote:
Thank you hauangua, it was the first mistake, now I can enjoy fully

Btw, did someone noticed that nights aren't dark at all? Even in the stock SH3 you can see too much, but with NYGM they seem like an evening.
maybe in moonlight or always you say?
Old 04-30-17, 06:38 AM   #5
JuanLiquid
Machinist's Mate

Always. I tried again, it's April, and I'm close to France, there is no moon today and I see like it was a simple evening (it's 00:30). In real life the water would be almost black, and everything should be more dark in general (I'm from a coastal city).

I have the savegame too if you want to check. After all uboots could close to the merchants in the surface without being seen, and I'm sure with all this light they would see me in a range of 4 Km.

Is there any mod or option to change this?

Old 04-30-17, 07:23 AM   #6
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Always. I tried again, it's April, and I'm close to France, there is no moon today and I see like it was a simple evening (it's 00:30). In real life the water would be almost black, and everything should be more dark in general (I'm from a coastal city).

I have the savegame too if you want to check. After all uboots could close to the merchants in the surface without being seen, and I'm sure with all this light they would see me in a range of 4 Km.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231005

Old 05-01-17, 03:47 AM   #7
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@JuanLiquid:
Quote:

This is an old complaint, that dates back almost to the first release of SH3.

As well as environmental mods like that of Kendras (above), H.sie's hard-code mod has a dark-night option that reduces visibility greatly. It's a very useful patch for many other required code fixes too.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-17, 04:02 PM   #8
ridley
Helmsman

Downloads: 31

I have installed NYGM but I get CTD when I install the Hires or WYGM mods.

Also how do I install the Stiebler mods, I seem to have more than one.

ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-17, 04:39 AM   #9
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Ridley:

Sorry you have problems with the NYGM installation.
Can you clarify that the list of mods that you have installed already is playable? If not, remove mods one at a time from your installed list, until you do have a payable game. Then report what fails to function

To answer your other query (installation of Stiebler mod):
You must not install any of the Stiebler mods (except those that bear the name 'envsim' as part of the title) until you have first installed the H.sie hard-code patch. Test this and make sure that it is functioning before you do anything else. Then install the Stiebler hard-code4C patch - full instructions included.

Summary:
a) Remove all installed mods back to NYGM2017A (leave this and preceding mods from your list in place). Test all functions in a quick patrol.
b) Now install the H.sie hard-code patch (if you wish, following the instructions to modify the SH3.exe file and other SH3 files). Test another patrol.
c) Now install the Stiebler hard-code patch (if you wish, following the instructions to modify the SH3.exe file you made with H.sie's patch - save a back-up of H.sie's patched SH3.exe first. Then modify the other SH3 files according to the Stiebler4C instructions.) Test another patrol.
d) You may or may not have installed hard-code patches (2) and (3), as you prefer. In either case, install the other mods one at a time, testing with a single patrol. Then we will know where your problem lies.

What ever path you take, please note the following:
1. You do not need mods Stiebler_EnvSim AND Envsim10.act. Version 10 has replaced Stiebler_EnvSim, but note that are TWO versions 10: one without the H.sie patch already present, one for the H.sie patch installed, See the documentation.
2. You must choose whether you want the NYGM merchant-ships mod (carefully tested with NYGM) OR the full IABL merchant ships mod.Note that MFM_Interim_Beta_NYGM is an OVERLAY for IABL's MFM_Interim_Beta merchants ship mod, it is not a mod by itself. That is the MFM_Interim_Beta_NYGM mod adapts IABL's original merchant ship mod to make it compatible with NYGM. You must download IABL's mod elsewhere.
3. The Anvart_Stiebler_Turms mod functions ONLY if the Stiebler hard-code patch is already present.
4. The Stiebler4C Additional files and Addons folders must be used according to the instructions for adding the Stiebler4C hard-code patch, and should be installed just as you find them (see the instructions with the 4C hard-code patch).
5. The SH3Commander patch is to patch J Scones' SH3Commander for NYGM, and not NYGM or SH3.exe. It should not appear in your mods list at all.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torpedos through hull