SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-10, 07:44 PM   #391
AHS Centaur RIP
Watch

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

Can anyone tell me what is new in the latest NYGM version 3.3 released please since version 2, or a page saying Id really appreciate? Thanks.

Last edited by AHS Centaur RIP; 04-24-10 at 07:58 PM.
AHS Centaur RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-10, 02:33 AM   #392
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

AHS,

here you will find all you need: http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/

Everything is clearly marked, what is essential and what is optional.

Good hunting
Old 04-25-10, 04:43 AM   #393
AHS Centaur RIP
Watch

Downloads: 34

Thank you Hitman, thats what I wanted to know. Exploring now

Kind regards
AHS Centaur RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-10, 09:50 PM   #394
OTHGamer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Optional Mods in Documentation Folder

Can someone please tell me which mods in the documentation folders should be copied and moved to the SH3 Mods folder? For example, in NYGM 2.5 documentation folder, copy " " to SH3 Mods folder; in NYMG 3.2 documentation folder, copy " " to the SH3 Mods folder; and etc. I am confused by the various mods in the different folders.

Thank you.
Old 04-27-10, 03:09 AM   #395
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Default Which optional mods from NYGM documentation folders?

Copy all the optional mods in the documentation folder of NYGM versions into a folder called silenthunteriii\mods (I assume that your original SH3 folder is found in silenthunteriii\data).

Copy these optional mods in the order of their versions.
That is, start by copying the mods from NYGM 2.5, then from NYGM 3.2, then from NYGM 3.3B, then from NYGM3.3C.

You will discover that some of the later optional mods replace earlier versions. That is deliberate, always copy the latest version last.

Finally, use J Scones' ever-popular, always valuable, JSGME to install selected optional mods from silenthunteriii\mods into your games folder silenthunteriii\data.
Then later you can remove any optional mods easily, if you do not like them. Some are intended only for use at different times of the war; for example the FuMB37XXIII mod should never be installed before October 1944.
All the optional mods have their own (short) documentation, so read these documents first.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 03:11 AM   #396
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@OTHGamer:
I forgot to mention....

Your first post! Welcome to SubSim!

Stiebler.
Old 05-01-10, 10:29 PM   #397
OTHGamer
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thank you Stiebler.

For any other newbs that may have the same question, here are the mods I copied from the documentation folders:

3rd Flotilla Mod
1500 Meter Bearing Overlay
Alternate Dial Faces
Captain America Officer Icons
Enhanced Nav Map Plotting Tools (I think these tools were incorporated into 1.4b patch)
FuMB37
Harbor Traffic Add-In
NYGM Tonnage War Minefield Mod
Restore Gods Eye View
Single Merchant Contact Mod
FuMB37XXIINYGM

With respect to SH3Patrol, v3.0 appears to be the latest version (found in NYGM3_2), and I copied it to My Documents\SH3\data\cfg folder.

With respect to SH3 Commander, I configured it as follows, per NYGM manuals:

1. Gameplay Options - Use fatigue model and adjust water clarity (i.e., density) are unchecked per manual. No longer have maximum loading times as option, only minimum loading times. Loading times left unchecked. With respect to remaining gameplay options, can I adjust them as I please?

2. Time Compression - I set maximum and when in 3D views to 256. With respect to remaining time compression options, can I adjust them as I please?

3. Text Settings - although not mentioned in manual, I believe this needs to be set to "show" so I can view UBoat's level of damage.

Finally, when I start a new career or single mission, crew needs to be left as "already in SH3." With respect to remaining new career or single mission options, can I adjust them as I please?

With respect to any other SH3 Commander options not mentioned above, can I adjust them as I please?

Ran a test patrol, and, overall, enjoyed the mod.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-10, 04:53 PM   #398
Tamaris
Swabbie

Downloads: 66

Amazing job!

Just one issue; getting map contacts back? Is it possible to do?

Thanks!
Tamaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-10, 05:31 PM   #399
Tamaris
Swabbie

Downloads: 66

I figured it out Sorry !
Tamaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 12:58 AM   #400
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 282

I just ran into a problem, I went to dive after an air attack and it was like my bow planes were stuck. I had to blow ballast to bring it back up, going 8 knots couldn't work, it just dove deeper faster. After surfacing I ran into a ship some 2000km away, went to periscope depth, and again same problem.

Thing is with the damage management screen changed the planes and many other things don't show up anymore (torpedo tubes also) so I couldn't even say if the dive planes were broken or not, is there a fix to change the damage managment back?

Seems like a good mod though. I rather like how the naval ships react now, also like the fact that it is enabled through JSGME and not installed permanently
pickinthebanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 02:55 AM   #401
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@PickintheBanjo:

"Crash dive blues".
See post #388 in this thread.

@OTHGamer:
SH3Commander - you can pick any options you want with NYGM.
However, not all of them function (the sabotage option is not enabled, for example). You will not cause any serious problems with NYGM however you configure SH3Commander.

Use SH3Patrol (included in the documentation folder of NYGM) when docked at a U-tanker (milk cow). Read the short documentation for SH3Patrol first, so you understand what is, and what is not, possible while docked. There is no way of adjusting the torpedoes load-out, for example.

Stiebler.
Old 05-04-10, 02:07 PM   #402
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

K the diving problem is solved, but I notice silent running is useless now. When activated you just sink, is there any fix to that?
Old 05-05-10, 06:28 AM   #403
Weisia
A-ganger

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickinthebanjo View Post
K the diving problem is solved, but I notice silent running is useless now. When activated you just sink, is there any fix to that?
Sounds like another example of the 'crash dive blues'. If you use the crash dive command and don't wait till the boat settles around 80 meters you will encouter the problem as described by you.

I don't know any solution to fix the blues in game. You might want to try to reload a saved game and see if the sinking still happens. Otherwise you will have to sail to your homeport and start a new patrol.

Another possibility is that you have suffered some damage making it unable to trim to boat correctly.
Weisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 10:16 AM   #404
pickinthebanjo
Seasoned Skipper

yeah I just tried silent running in convoy training and it seems to still work, so I will try again on a new patrol in career and see what happens
Old 05-06-10, 01:13 PM   #405
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

i rarely use crash dive. As soon as a threat is detected i hit flank speed "5", wait till she gets up to speed, then hit "d", and you will knife under nicely. aside from the all the issues with crash dive, i think you actually submerge slower because you beigin to submerge immediately, before you get full speed. When using d, just be sure to choose a depth you want once you get under, or you will go all the way down
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torpedos through hull