ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
Only nationality. No info on ethnicity.
I see.

Well atleast his age (17 I believe?) implies that he was not a wanted man in Russia, as I remember one such man being granted refuge due to his claims of being tortured in Russia going on to organise ISIS attacks in Turkey later on.
Old 04-09-17, 06:48 PM   #2987
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

update: The 17 year old was known by police and police intel for radicalism and had been targeted for de-radicalization in the past. Apparently he was "untargeted" at some point and left to slip out of view only to reappear now.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-17, 06:56 PM   #2988
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
update: The 17 year old was known by police and police intel for radicalism and had been targeted for de-radicalization in the past. Apparently he was "untargeted" at some point and left to slip out of view only to reappear now.
How did a radical minor come into Norway from Russia?
Old 04-09-17, 07:06 PM   #2989
Von Due
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
How did a radical minor come into Norway from Russia?
With his family, apparently, either as asylum seekers or regular imigrants. I have no info on which. As for his radicalism, that could very well have come later in life if he was very young when they came here.

Quick update: they got here in 2010, he first showed ISIS sympathies around 2015 when people in his circles contacted police intel worried over his extreme views.

Other than that, there is little police intel want to say.

Last edited by Von Due; 04-09-17 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-16-17, 02:30 PM   #2990
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The Turkish People have said yes to the new constitution giving Erdogan a lot more power.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...dential-powers

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-17, 12:46 PM   #2991
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

BTW, why don't we merge it with said thread anyways, as we do with other terror attacks as well once its obvious that the attacker was - surprise! - Muslim?
Old 05-25-17, 07:47 PM   #2992
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Not a bad comment in GERMAN language on how British tolerance and appeasement policies - and Western ones - have failed and made things worse and worse. From a German mainstream newspaper that could be compared to the London Times, the FAZ.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/8...-15032459.html

Its also an attack on the cult of dismay and public self-reassurance in society that has built around the terror attacks of the past one and a half decade - a cult of self-weakening and cowardice and useless word-mumbling, instead of motivating resilience and the will to resist: even if this would mean to accept that conflict has been forced upon us. I call it the cult of slaughtering lambs: candles, singings, tears and endless reiterations how sad one feels. And suually not a single voice becomign angry, not a single hand metaphrically grabbing for the wepaoin or digging out the war axe, no blow into the horn to alarm the people, no call to arms. Nothing, just useless, endlessly patient words and "We are with you".

Since 16 years.
Old 05-25-17, 07:51 PM   #2993
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

^
All I heard was basically "don't give in to hate!!" in different formulations, and 'suggestions' to "move on". Yeah. Move on...

Go tell that to the families of the victims, idiots.
Old 05-26-17, 05:28 AM   #2994
Skybird
Soaring

Egyptian peace activists slaughter wicked Christians in rescue of a bus filled with evil and badness 250 km south of Cairo. The count so far says 15 morons were killed, at least two dozens wounded, well-deserved. That will teach them. Its the third big victory in recent weeks that have seen four dozen infidels going to hell. Praised be the great deceiver!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-40059307
Old 05-26-17, 06:57 AM   #2995
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Skybird, Nipplespanner, while I can't say I entirely agree with you, I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

For many of us, our first substantial knowledge of Islam came when a plane hijacked by Islamists slammed into 1 WTC.

Since then, every action inspired by Islam with a large impact has been violent and barbaric.

There are many who identify as Muslims who fight ISIS, but of course, you could view them as not being true Muslims, in the same way someone can call themselves Christian, but then purposefully break one of the 10 Commandments with no regrets.

I would say that there are cases where appeasement has taken priority over safety.

Sadly, with all the pointless bickering among politicians that we've grown used to, I doubt we'll ever get a perfect way to prevent terrorism.

However, ISIS has made it clear that they will settle for nothing less than world domination. This laughable goal has sentenced them to extinction. The more they attack us, the more we will attack them.
Old 05-26-17, 09:42 AM   #2996
Skybird
Soaring

Bus attack in Egypt now has left 25 dead. Many patients still fighting for their lives.
Old 05-26-17, 09:56 AM   #2997
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
Skybird, Nipplespanner, while I can't say I entirely agree with you, I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

For many of us, our first substantial knowledge of Islam came when a plane hijacked by Islamists slammed into 1 WTC.

Since then, every action inspired by Islam with a large impact has been violent and barbaric.

There are many who identify as Muslims who fight ISIS, but of course, you could view them as not being true Muslims, in the same way someone can call themselves Christian, but then purposefully break one of the 10 Commandments with no regrets.

I would say that there are cases where appeasement has taken priority over safety.

Sadly, with all the pointless bickering among politicians that we've grown used to, I doubt we'll ever get a perfect way to prevent terrorism.

However, ISIS has made it clear that they will settle for nothing less than world domination. This laughable goal has sentenced them to extinction. The more they attack us, the more we will attack them.
IS is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is the content of the ideology named "Islam".

It always was like this.
Old 05-26-17, 10:17 AM   #2998
Von Due
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
It always was like this.
Only when you willfully or out of ignorance ignore the periods when it wasn't like this...

Are they a problem? Of course they are. Has this been a continuous problem the last 1200 years? Not even close. The last 50 year? Yes it has been a problem.
Old 05-26-17, 11:01 AM   #2999
Skybird
Soaring

No other relgion has waged so many wars against itself, as Islam.

No other relgion has waged so many wars against other religions, as Islam.

No other religion has broken and destroyed so many foreign local cultures in places it attacked in wars of aggression, as Islam.

No other religion defends persecution of apostates and infidels actively until today as if it still were the medieval, like Islam does until today.

No other religion has mounted such a stockpile of dead bodies and has committed so many genocides in territories it conquered, as Islam.

No other relgion stones women to death for adultry if they fled from their husband whipping them, or punish girls that committed the crime to get raped. - Hindus come closer to it than others, with their widow burning and daughter killing and general dispise for females. All that is reality in India until today.

The West's legal order rules that man and woman are equal before the law. Islam's laws say that women must obey males, and that their voice at legal disputes and witness confessions shall count only half as much as that of a male.

The ignorrant one here is you, ikalugin. Unfortunately, you stand for the majority consensus on how to distort history and to gloss over Islam's cruel nature. Peace? Yes - under the sword of the prophet. Tolerance? Yes, as long as this accepts protecion money payments and prograom and ithheld legal rights for infidels of the book, while all others have to be killed. Coexistence? Only as long as Islam still is not strong enough again to take it all.
Old 05-26-17, 11:11 AM   #3000
Von Due
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
No other relgion has waged so many wars against other rlegions, as Islam.

No other religion has broken and destroyed so many foreign local cultures in places it attacked in wars of aggression, as Islam.

No other religion has mounted such a stockpile of dead bodies and has committed so many genocides in territories it conquered, as Islam.
Are you for real? Christianity destroyed cultures in North America, South America and Africa. You are perfectly aware of this. North Africa I hear you say? North African cultures like the Egyptian had been dead for hundreds of years before Islam was founded. The entire Europe saw pretty much every culture eradicated by Christianity.

You know all this, Skybird.

Are you suggesting none of this ever happened or are you jumping back to start with the reoccurring "let's not talk about old times"?

Tags
terrorism