SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-26-17, 07:15 AM   #5236
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Lutjens View Post
It works! It works it works it works!!!

Thank y'all s much for the help. I'm not really an Admiral, I'm just a Petty Officer Second Class in real life by the way haha!
Thank you for your service sailor!!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-17, 12:40 PM   #5237
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:

Thank y'all s much for the help. I'm not really an Admiral, I'm just a Petty Officer Second Class in real life by the way haha!
Love it when a great plan comes together!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-17, 05:14 PM   #5238
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:

"Just a"... To a Seaman, you ~are~ the Admiral, Admiral... |;^) - Thank you for your service, sir! - Glad you're going also!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-17, 11:04 AM   #5239
Admiral Lutjens
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
"Just a"... To a Seaman, you ~are~ the Admiral, Admiral... |;^) - Thank you for your service, sir! - Glad you're going also!
I guess my only gripes with this so far are random crashes/locking up during gameplay. Would this be due to the Windows 10 issue? And something else...going through solidly held Japanese waters, I get harassed nonstop by Allied aircraft. Why is this? How are there Catalinas, B17s, and P38s off of Celebes and Palau in 1943?

Otherwise, excellent mod! The graphics are astounding. Oh, one more thing...my watchstanders don't have eyes.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...=1#post2671928
Admiral Lutjens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-17, 12:35 PM   #5240
propbeanie

Do you have the Large Address Aware set on the SH4.exe, as per CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install? That would help immensely with RAM management for the game. However, I suppose we should find out what you have for a computer, since it sounds like something is still off a bit with your install. Of specific interest would be the type of graphics display / card that you have, but also the amount of RAM and the cpu.

As far as the FotRSU mod team is concerned, a CTD is unacceptable. We want to try to figure out why you're getting those. The use of much Time Compression (TC) can mess things up, which is one reason why it's limited to 2048 in the mod. But even at that, if you encounter many planes, or large groupings of ships, you will notice a "glitch" in the TC, like the game "hiccuped", but we don't want anymore than that... Can you describe the circumstances surrounding your "lock-ups" and "crashes" please?

Old 08-27-17, 01:50 PM   #5241
Admiral Lutjens
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Do you have the Large Address Aware set on the SH4.exe, as per CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install? That would help immensely with RAM management for the game. However, I suppose we should find out what you have for a computer, since it sounds like something is still off a bit with your install. Of specific interest would be the type of graphics display / card that you have, but also the amount of RAM and the cpu.

As far as the FotRSU mod team is concerned, a CTD is unacceptable. We want to try to figure out why you're getting those. The use of much Time Compression (TC) can mess things up, which is one reason why it's limited to 2048 in the mod. But even at that, if you encounter many planes, or large groupings of ships, you will notice a "glitch" in the TC, like the game "hiccuped", but we don't want anymore than that... Can you describe the circumstances surrounding your "lock-ups" and "crashes" please?
I did the upgrade for windows 10 and it works fine now. However, it may just be the game and beyond control, but why wouldn't there be friendly air cover in friendly waters? Seems no matter where I go I get harrassed by Allied planes and run out of AA ammo very quickly.

Old 08-27-17, 02:42 PM   #5242
propbeanie

Are you playing the German Uboats in FotRSU then? The US and other Ally planes have been known to "accidentally" attack the player's boat, it doesn't happen real often. There are a lot of airplanes in the game though, even in Stock trim. Webster has a small mod for the airplane frequency, though he did make them more accurate when they do find you. In FotRSU, all of the enemy planes have superman vision, and Annie Oakley accuracy from the distance of 10 football field lengths... The idea when "seeing" a plane, whether friend or foe, found by radar or visual, is to crash dive if they're coming at you. Do NOT attempt to fight them in FotRSU. If you're doing the US Fleet Boat, the Japanese have several types of Kamikaze that can get you, with the human-guided bomb able to get you below periscope depth (been there, done that). Whether an Axis or Allied plane, when they "see" you, they keep coming back to check on you... I'm not sure how far along RR has gotten with "User Definable" AI Settings, but "frequency of" might be in there eventually also... but those would be after the initial release, since several other inter-related settings keep having to be changed.

In the meantime, this is a "beta" mod, and as such, we would really appreciate if you would document anything that you deem as "broken", or "not good enough", or "needs tweaking", etc., because we are shooting for "The Best" with this mod, though a couple of us on the team are about as "smart" as an anchor... - a necessary tool, but...

Old 08-27-17, 03:05 PM   #5243
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1108
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Are you playing the German Uboats in FotRSU then? The US and other Ally planes have been known to "accidentally" attack the player's boat, it doesn't happen real often. There are a lot of airplanes in the game though, even in Stock trim. Webster has a small mod for the airplane frequency, though he did make them more accurate when they do find you. In FotRSU, all of the enemy planes have superman vision, and Annie Oakley accuracy from the distance of 10 football field lengths... The idea when "seeing" a plane, whether friend or foe, found by radar or visual, is to crash dive if they're coming at you. Do NOT attempt to fight them in FotRSU. If you're doing the US Fleet Boat, the Japanese have several types of Kamikaze that can get you, with the human-guided bomb able to get you below periscope depth (been there, done that). Whether an Axis or Allied plane, when they "see" you, they keep coming back to check on you... I'm not sure how far along RR has gotten with "User Definable" AI Settings, but "frequency of" might be in there eventually also... but those would be after the initial release, since several other inter-related settings keep having to be changed.

In the meantime, this is a "beta" mod, and as such, we would really appreciate if you would document anything that you deem as "broken", or "not good enough", or "needs tweaking", etc., because we are shooting for "The Best" with this mod, though a couple of us on the team are about as "smart" as an anchor... - a necessary tool, but...
I think i'm more of a barnacle, than an anchor...
Old 08-27-17, 03:15 PM   #5244
Admiral Lutjens
Machinist's Mate

Quote:

I shot down a Short Sunderland then got obliterated by a Mosquito. Damn pests!

Old 08-28-17, 06:32 AM   #5245
Admiral Lutjens
Machinist's Mate

And yes, I prefer doing the U-Boat patrols. I like trying to break into the Pacific and cause trouble, but it's murder dealing with Allied aircraft. There should be permanent refueling points in places like Guam, Truk, and Wake in my humble opinion. It's ALWAYS around Celebes that I always seem to run into trouble.

Funny story, I was operating in the Indian Ocean after raiding Colombo, and I surfaced in the middle of a German task force!

I literally surfaced a klick away from the Lutzow. Can you imagine the surprise both crews would have?

Old 08-28-17, 08:36 AM   #5246
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
And yes, I prefer doing the U-Boat patrols. I like trying to break into the Pacific and cause trouble, but it's murder dealing with Allied aircraft. There should be permanent refueling points in places like Guam, Truk, and Wake in my humble opinion. It's ALWAYS around Celebes that I always seem to run into trouble.

Funny story, I was operating in the Indian Ocean after raiding Colombo, and I surfaced in the middle of a German task force!

I literally surfaced a klick away from the Lutzow. Can you imagine the surprise both crews would have?
Something you have to consider if playing the U-Boat side of Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific. It's primarily a U.S. Fleetboat game!

The U-Boats were an after thought.....a way to get us gamer's to pony up another 10 bucks to add the last official "Patch" (number 5) to the game. The U-Boat side of gameplay is purely stock. Most mods here in SH4 are designed for the American side of play, you shouldn't expect to find many modifications for the U-Boat within the SH4 community......If we wanted to play/modify the U-Boat, we would be on SHIII or SH5's site. Planes like the American B-17, P-38 and many others were indeed modded by us to add to the game....for our enjoyment to see flying about. If you're on the wrong side of the war and get pummeled by them, thank Ubisoft for that.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-17, 10:28 AM   #5247
Admiral Lutjens
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
Something you have to consider if playing the U-Boat side of Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific. It's primarily a U.S. Fleetboat game!

The U-Boats were an after thought.....a way to get us gamer's to pony up another 10 bucks to add the last official "Patch" (number 5) to the game. The U-Boat side of gameplay is purely stock. Most mods here in SH4 are designed for the American side of play, you shouldn't expect to find many modifications for the U-Boat within the SH4 community......If we wanted to play/modify the U-Boat, we would be on SHIII or SH5's site. Planes like the American B-17, P-38 and many others were indeed modded by us to add to the game....for our enjoyment to see flying about. If you're on the wrong side of the war and get pummeled by them, thank Ubisoft for that.
then that makes perfect sense!!

You folks have done a splendid job on this mod, perhaps I need to play more American campaigns. I've always mostly played as the German side.

Old 08-28-17, 07:45 PM   #5248
propbeanie

If you want German boats in SH4, give lurker's Operation Monsun a whirl. While not as steeped in ships and planes as FotRSU, if ya gotta have Uboats, ya gotta have OM... There are about 10-12 mods that can all work together, though I used to just do OM705, the 20 update and the patch. I don't recall ever making it past 1944, and now I can't find my old download files... I archived a bunch of stuff a couple of weeks ago, and now they're like my SH3 and original SH4 disk, and done gone invisible on me...

Old 08-29-17, 05:14 AM   #5249
Admiral Lutjens
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
If you want German boats in SH4, give lurker's Operation Monsun a whirl. While not as steeped in ships and planes as FotRSU, if ya gotta have Uboats, ya gotta have OM... There are about 10-12 mods that can all work together, though I used to just do OM705, the 20 update and the patch. I don't recall ever making it past 1944, and now I can't find my old download files... I archived a bunch of stuff a couple of weeks ago, and now they're like my SH3 and original SH4 disk, and done gone invisible on me...
Played my first American campaign from trials on up and was wondering why I'm never able to fire the torpedoes? I hit the button and it just clicks....no matter what I did they wouldn't fire.

Old 08-29-17, 08:01 AM   #5250
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Open the torpedo tube outer doors