SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-12-14, 11:33 PM   #1
hocking
Sparky

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedoes not reloading in NYGM

I am in a Type II-A in October 1939 and I fired all three tubes. I have two torpedoes to load into two of the three empty chambers. I am not on Silent Running, Auto-Loading is checked, I have a full well-rested crew in the compartment to include two Torpedo qualified petty officers (the Officer is not Torpedo qualified). I have tried manually opening and closing the outer torpedo doors using both the conning tower switches (Tubes 1 & 2 switch doesn't seem to work, but Tube 3 switch goes back and forth) and the Q for open and W for close keys. I don't get any message when using the W key.

After all of this my torpedoes are stuck in queue and will not reload.

Have I overlooked something? Is this a bug? What should I do? Thanks for any help.
hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-14, 12:06 AM   #2
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 4

I've noticed that with Win7 and SH3, sometimes the mouse click, does not seem to register.
What i do if flip over to other screens and come back again.. and all works again.

If you're running win7.. it's the runddll.dll file that windoze uses for compatibility - seems to stuff up a lot of 'operations', even after you exit the game.
vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-14, 10:01 AM   #3
hocking
Sparky

When in the conning tower, the Open/Close door switches do not all work. I am in the Type IIA so there are only three switches. The switch for torpedo tube three works with mouse clicks, but the switches for torpedo tubes 1 & 2 do not work with a mouse click. The two reloads are set to go into torpedo tubes 1 & 2, so the switch is working only for the tube that has no reload going into it. I have a hunch that torpedo tubes 1 & 2 are open and I can't get them to close with either mouse clicking the switches or hitting the W key.

I am using Win7.
Old 08-13-14, 10:49 AM   #4
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29

This is a rare problem that I have seen myself occasionally with the Type IX boats. The problem is even more rare with the VII boats, and I have never seen it with a Type II.

I rather like this unintended effect of no known cause. It adds an element of random chance to the game.

Just tell yourself that you have suffered a random system malfunction, as might (and did) occur on any U-boat in operation.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-14, 02:13 PM   #5
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
This is a rare problem that I have seen myself occasionally with the Type IX boats. The problem is even more rare with the VII boats, and I have never seen it with a Type II.

I rather like this unintended effect of no known cause. It adds an element of random chance to the game.

Just tell yourself that you have suffered a random system malfunction, as might (and did) occur on any U-boat in operation.

Stiebler.
I like your approach! Not everything in the boats worked 100% of the time, anyway.
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-14, 04:24 PM   #6
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

Do you have automatic loading on or off? Are their enough people in the torpedo room to actually work it?
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-14, 06:49 PM   #7
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

also if your using hsie and stieblers patch kit, you cannot reload on surface if the weather is bad, you must go down to 30 meters...
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-14, 09:55 PM   #8
hocking
Sparky

Auto re-load is on
Compartment is full of fresh people
Weather is extremely calm and I have been on the surface and submerged with the torps still in queue either way

All other systems have been checked and re-checked. I can't figure it out. The worst part about is that I have a badly wounded tanker with one torpedo hole in it about 1,000 meters away and I need to get these two torps loaded in order to sink it. I don't have a deck gun (Type IIA, October 1939). I will continue to try but I may have to just head home.
Old 08-14-14, 10:39 AM   #9
Dani
Helmsman

Downloads: 349

Is your crew maybe in silent running mod?
Dani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 08:50 PM   #10
vanjast
Sea Lord

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani View Post
Is your crew maybe in silent running ?
Dingggggggg!!

vanjast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-14, 03:22 PM   #11
hocking
Sparky

My first post lists what state I was in. No, I was not in silent running mode. I had the compartment full with fresh crew. I tried loading both submerged and on the surface. Simply put, I made sure all the things that keeps the crew from loading torpedoes were not in effect. The torpedoes simply would not load.

I think it had something to do with losing the ability to open and close the outer torpedo doors. I could open and close the empty torpedo tube that did not have a torpedo available to be reloaded into it, but I could not do this with the other tubes that did have torpedoes available to be reloaded into. It was an intermittent bug or something. I ended up taking it as a mechanical failure and returned to base for repairs. I was not able to sink the damaged tanker. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks.
Old 08-19-14, 06:25 PM   #12
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258

I have a solution, stop trying to sink my countries ships
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote