SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-17-09, 03:29 AM   #4576
whiskey111
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 185
Uploads: 0

What is the zoom of binoculars now ? 2,3 ? It's impossible to check merchant's flags from some range.
I had a real binoculars in my hand a lot of time and know that it has more powerful zoom
Are you going to change it in the game ?
whiskey111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 05:24 AM   #4577
Crécy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 316

I sent contact report to the headquarters after I had shot one torpedo and status report had counted the torpedos right. So it's not a bug. It turned out that I looked always the uppermost status report, I did not realise the newest ones appears below...
Crécy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 06:08 AM   #4578
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crécy View Post
I sent contact report to the headquarters after I had shot one torpedo and status report had counted the torpedos right. So it's not a bug. It turned out that I looked always the uppermost status report, I did not realise the newest ones appears below...
No worries Crécy. We all make mistakes.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 06:16 AM   #4579
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey111 View Post
What is the zoom of binoculars now ? 2,3 ? It's impossible to check merchant's flags from some range.
I had a real binoculars in my hand a lot of time and know that it has more powerful zoom
Are you going to change it in the game ?
Then you must get closer.

In GWX they are already set to the maximum of 10x magnification. IIRC in real life, commonly used U-boat binocs were 8x.

In GWX we set them to 10x to make up for loss of acuity via pixellation.

We are not going to change it further.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 07-17-09, 07:05 AM   #4580
foz
Soundman

Downloads: 220
sp mission

[quote=foz]which mission is it that your uboat is right in front of a convoy , almost on top of you , no time to spare . played it 1 or 2 times ,years ago , now can`t find it , was it sh3 or gwx ? l am new to this posting thing. please help.
foz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 07:58 AM   #4581
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

The convoy training mission, maybe ?

Old 07-17-09, 09:21 AM   #4582
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

It is working ,GWX3 is working , I insert again the GWX3 disk into the DVD player and was ready to wright click on the error message ,and when the error message appeared was a bit strange because already the second screenshot of the GWX3 installation process was showed ( the second screenshot with a wolf ) I clicked left or righrt on the error message and the error message disappeared and the installation process was running normal, later in the process a few times again the same exact as before error message was there but each time I clicked on the error message to go ahead , finally the GWX was installed and immediately I swap the GWX3 disk with the SH3 disk to play the game , I was impressed , very nice , amazing , thank you very much for the GWX3 team this is a magnificent work , thank you again

Of course GWX3 still need the addition of some extra mods like the open hatch mod ( included with JSGME ) may be some sub skins etc etc
Old 07-17-09, 04:24 PM   #4583
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
It is working ,GWX3 is working , I insert again the GWX3 disk into the DVD player and was ready to wright click on the error message ,and when the error message appeared was a bit strange because already the second screenshot of the GWX3 installation process was showed ( the second screenshot with a wolf ) I clicked left or righrt on the error message and the error message disappeared and the installation process was running normal, later in the process a few times again the same exact as before error message was there but each time I clicked on the error message to go ahead , finally the GWX was installed and immediately I swap the GWX3 disk with the SH3 disk to play the game , I was impressed , very nice , amazing , thank you very much for the GWX3 team this is a magnificent work , thank you again

Of course GWX3 still need the addition of some extra mods like the open hatch mod ( included with JSGME ) may be some sub skins etc etc
Fantastic news Enrico.....really fantastic news

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 05:21 PM   #4584
foz
Soundman

Downloads: 220
sp mission

thanks alex , tried The convoy training mission , good but not the one . the mission l am looking for was picked from the single player menu in sh3 or gwx . maybe its some ones downloadable sp mission that l downloaded ages ago. there is a lot out on the net . are there any good links for sp missions, some one should put a collection together, all good fun. even the old versions & mods
foz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-09, 12:41 AM   #4585
kennitz
Nub

Downloads: 17
Default Can't get GWX to run :(

Hi,

I have spent the past 3 days trying to get the GWX 3 working on my computer. I have done the clean install, I had no mods, but I did a clean install, have the latest patch, and when I run the GWX program I see the wolf howling, then the screen with the sub, wolf, and torpedo. However once the load bar reaches all the way to the end, the game crashes.

I am unfortunately on Vista but I run it as administrator, tried different compatibilities, etc. I just can't get the game to run. I don't know where to look for help so I figured I could post on here and someone would take pity on me and help me play this game.

Kennitz
kennitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-09, 05:22 AM   #4586
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

This is the way to install GWX 3.0 on a Vista Computer

for more information check http://www.thegreywolves.com/support/
  1. SH3 COMMANDER users: press the "Rollback SH3" button and exit SH3 Commander.
    This will remove any modifications SH3 Commander has made to your Silent Hunter 3 games files. You don't need to remove SH3 Commander, but AFTER you have installed GWX3 GOLD, please make sure you are using the latest version and have installed the GWX3 Config files for SH3 Commander.
  2. JSGME users: disable all mods and exit JSGME.
    JSGME will be re-installed when you install GWX3 GOLD. IMPORTANT - if you want to keep any mods you've used with JSGME, please make sure you back up your 'MODS' folder (default location is C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\MODS )
  3. To remove 'Silent Hunter III', double-click the "Uninstall" icon that was created when you installed SH3.
    Alternatively, open "Programs and Features" in your Control Panel, and remove 'Silent Hunter III'.
  4. Make sure the un-install process has removed the following folders:
    • The 'SilentHunterIII' folder in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SilentHunterIII
    • The 'SH3' folder in 'My Documents'
    If not, delete these folders. IMPORTANT - deleting the 'SH3' folder in 'My Documents' will delete your existing career files. However, an existing career will not work properly with GWX3 GOLD anyway.
  5. Re-install Silent Hunter 3.
    We recommend you install it outside of the "\Program Files" folder
  6. Apply the latest patch (1.4b) by right-clicking the patch file and selecting 'Run as administrator'.
    If you need guidance on which version of the 1.4b patch to use, please read these notes.
  7. Verify you installed the patch correctly by running the game.
    If the game fails to run, download and install the StarForce Vista update from the StarForce developers' site.
  8. Download the GWX installation files to your desktop (or wherever you wish to store them).
    You must ensure all 8 installation files are placed in the same folder.
  9. Run 'GWX.exe' as you would any other program and follow the installation instructions.
You can run optional tools like SH3 Commander, JSGME, SH3Gen, etc. provided you run them as an 'Administrator' after you have installed them.
For greater familiarity with Windows Vista system security issues that may affect Silent Hunter 3, we recommend reading up on the Microsoft Vista "User Account Control" and "File Virtualization" features.

If you still have problems give us a shout
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-09, 05:50 AM   #4587
tonschk
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennitz View Post
Hi,

I have spent the past 3 days trying to get the GWX 3 working on my computer. I have done the clean install, I had no mods, but I did a clean install, have the latest patch, and when I run the GWX program I see the wolf howling, then the screen with the sub, wolf, and torpedo. However once the load bar reaches all the way to the end, the game crashes.

Kennitz
When the horizontal load bar become almost full red , the loading process seems to be stopped , I was the same as you thinking about a possible crash , but I wait a bit more time ,about one minute and the Game start normally , in my opinion probably you need to wait a bit more to see the game start and running properly

Old 07-18-09, 06:41 AM   #4588
tonschk
Admiral

Thank you very much for the GWX3 team , the GWX3 is Amazing , the inmersion factor is incredible high compared with the stock SH3 1.4b version , there is a detail about the underwater of GWX3 , I dont know if is my video card or may be drivers , but the underwater looks too much dark compared with the Stock SH3-1.4b , at day light the sub and the underwater just next the water surface is unrealistic dark , can you tell me your opinion ploease ? , thank you

Last edited by tonschk; 07-18-09 at 03:17 PM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-09, 11:56 PM   #4589
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Tonschk,

Graphic issues such as you describe vary from monitor to monitor. There is simply no way to make it perfect for everyone.

However, another thing that you must understand about the world's waters, is that they vary in appearance from place to place based on many factors.

I don't see any problem with the in-game screenshot you've posted, and the shallow reef pic you've posted is no doubt from a tropical area.

If you'd like some variance based on location, I recommend you use the SH3 Commander program for that purpose.

Unfortunately, what you are voicing is an opinion. We all have them. Just remember that our choices in ANY simulator... not just SH3... are limited.

Furthermore, GWX 3.0 is the final version of our project. If you'd like to seek further help changing things to suit your taste, I recommend starting a new thread here in the SH3 Mods Workshop and await a bit of help.

Cheers Tonschk.

www.thegreywolves.com
Old 07-20-09, 05:19 AM   #4590
tonschk
Admiral

Thank you very much , I must learn how to tweak myself the files/code of this SH3 , I think GWX3 have been like a 1.5 patch for SH3 , Excellent job Congratulations