SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-17, 07:27 PM   #1
CptGlub
Mate

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0
Default GFO Issues (D-Charge Splash, Hydrophone Operators, Frequency of Targets)

Have been tweaking GFO but am running in to a few deal-breakers. Am hoping there are some fixes out there.

1. I have to be able to hear depth charge splashes. I would like to be able to hear them regardless of where I am (nav map, attack peri, hydrophone station, etc.)

2. My hydrophone operators are dumber than planks. Even when general quarters is sounded, their performance isn't cutting it. How can I bump up their abilities?

3. IMO, TMO offered a few too many targets. GFO isn't offering enough. Where can I go to adjust the frequency of targets?

Sadly, after going from TMO to GFO, I'm finding that my dream sim lies somewhere between the two. TMO needs to be dumbed down and GFO needs to be bumped up. I fear I've run out of the easy mod installs and am facing some tough tweaking ahead.
CptGlub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-17, 08:02 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Something between would be TMOwTw, Trigger Maru Overhauled with Training wheels

As for depth charge splashes, someone made a mod for that (no download links that I found), but it's not in Stock, unless you're using the original SSI Silent Hunter... TMO has it, correct? As for the hydrophone operator, if you're early in your career, they have no experience, and when you put on the phones, you're at a disadvantage if you encounter any vessels traveling at less than half of their maximum speed, you'll not hear them.

GFO, even though it's basically the Stcck game, with some of Webster's tweaks can be quite a bit of fun. Just don't expect too much traffic early in the game in any of the mods. If you want a dearth of traffic, try RSRDC. Downright anemic comparitively, unless you know where to look. Stock and TMO are similar. You just gotta find the traffic lanes. Think "oil fields" and "Japan"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote